Keeping Harsin

DyeCampAlum

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

This is my view

• Harsin is really abrasive.  There are a lot of ppl that don't like him & some didn't want him to begin with.
  • There were legit complaints against him that needed to be investigated.
  • The ppl that disliked him were excited about this & were more than willing to have him fired if proven
  • It couldn't be proven & they don't want to drop another 18mm plus staff.

Unless next year is a disaster, I don't think he's going anywhere.  If it's late October and we just dropped 5 straight to PSU, Mizzou, Ole Miss, LSU, & UGA...AND have a disaster of a recruiting class I could see that drum start beating.

Year 3 is when the bottom will really fall out. 

@ autiger88: you mean Fall 2022 or 23?

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

This is my view

• Harsin is really abrasive.  There are a lot of ppl that don't like him & some didn't want him to begin with.
  • There were legit complaints against him that needed to be investigated.
  • The ppl that disliked him were excited about this & were more than willing to have him fired if proven
  • It couldn't be proven & they don't want to drop another 18mm plus staff.

Unless next year is a disaster, I don't think he's going anywhere.  If it's late October and we just dropped 5 straight to PSU, Mizzou, Ole Miss, LSU, & UGA...AND have a disaster of a recruiting class I could see that drum start beating.

How will next year not be a disaster? Not to mention 23 class is going to be garbage. Who would want to come here?

• Sad 1

Just now, woodford said:

How will next year not be a disaster? Not to mention 23 class is going to be garbage. Who would want to come here?

I honestly don't know.

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

idk.  It's got to be really really bad.  He'll still be owed 15mm

And we will have paid him another $5M in salary.  The most JABA thing ever.  Let’s wait a year and then spend more! 

Just now, AEAugirl said:

And we will have paid him another $5M in salary.  The most JABA thing ever.  Let’s wait a year and then spend more! 

Never understood this logic. Paying just him IS cheaper than paying him + his replacement.

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I honestly don't know.

Complete sabotage. I swear the people who run Auburn are Bama sleeper cells. No one is this stupid. 

Completely unforgivable. I hope donation money dries up. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Oh I am sure there are some players with Sunbelt and Conference USA offers we can compete with. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, LocalTiger said:

So.....this means that bammer's DC and his DUI are taken care of and tucked in bed?

Exactly what I’ve been thinking all week. 

5 hours ago, LocalTiger said:

So.....this means that bammer's DC and his DUI are taken care of and tucked in bed?

Let's not blame this on Bama this is all us. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Prolly this spring when Harsin loses the A- Day game

😂😂 

I can imagine the press conference now, we have fired Harsin for losing to himself so we will go out and find a winner a winner who can beat himself. 🤣

7 hours ago, woodford said:

How will next year not be a disaster? 

What makes you think that?? So freaking stupid. 

Edited by Randman5000

And here we are playing that same o "wait til he screws up next year game" again.   Malzany for 5 or so years and Harsin for just as many.   Many of us will be dead before we ever come up for air.

8 minutes ago, woodford said:

Lack of talent on the team. Members of the team not liking the coach? 

We could have won 8-9 games with better QB play. The people who don't want to be there have transferred out

15 hours ago, ChrisH said:

Agreed but they also have to give him what he needs to be successful and I’m not sure they are going to. 

15 hours ago, autigeremt said:

He won't use it....he's the man.

I am hearing that both of you are correct. We are offering. He wont help himself.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AUwent said:

Harsin five year requirements (assuming 12 regular season games):
1. At least six regular season wins in both 2021 (PASSED) and 2022.
2. Win at least one bowl between the two years.
3. Class of 2022 in the top 20.
It is 19th and a disaster
4. Class of 2023 in the top 12. Top 5 Nationally, Top 3 SEC.
5. Class of 2024 onwards in the top 10 roughly 75 percent of the time and in the top 12 100 percent of the time. Top 6-8 100% of the Time.
6. All of 2023-5 be at least 8 wins incl. bowl. 10-11 Wins and a Bowl Win...
7. At least two of 2023-5 be at least 9 wins incl. bowl. All 10-11 Wins and a Bowl Win...
8. At least one of 2023-5 be at least 10 wins incl. bowl. All 10-11 Wins and a Bowl Win...

Let me just say this clearly. If this is supposed to be THE BAR for Harsin, he wont be here by year three. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

We could have won 8-9 games with better QB play. The people who don't want to be there have transferred out

We don’t have a better QB on the roster. We have less on the OL. We’ve lost our best defenders. We’re almost out of receivers and lost our best talent there. 

This season is going to be bad. I don’t know if it will be bad enough, but I think we’re a long way off from 8-9 wins.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aucom96 said:

We don’t have a better QB on the roster. We have less on the OL. We’ve lost our best defenders. We’re almost out of receivers and lost our best talent there. 

This season is going to be bad. I don’t know if it will be bad enough, but I think we’re a long way off from 8-9 wins.

Not to mention the recruiting class is going to be dreadful. The admin is committing football suicide. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

I assume we’ll be back here after this season when he goes 6-6 again

I don't think AU can have a 6-6 season. We have three gimme games, but where are the other three coming from? Maybe we can split with Mizzou and Ms. State. That's four wins. Who else on the schedule will we be favored to beat? I'm thinking 4-8 next year, 5-7 if being optimistic.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Dang it—if we just knew of someone who could get us a better quarterback. 

• Like 4