Promotions for Kiesau, Bellatoni and Etheridge

Tony4AU

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You can still support the Auburn football team while not supporting the coach’s decisions. That’s like saying “you badmouth Joe Biden or Donald Trump, so you must not love America”. It’s not all black and white, brother.

That’s not what you just agreed to though . BB said he moves on from coach Bobo. Are you moving on from CBH? 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

People qre getting into Gus territory of defensiveness. You can be critical if Harsin, his staff, and his hirings, bur still want him to win.

This DE promotion to me is the worst hire this offseason and a bit overshadowed by the OC news. I'd still like him to and hope he recruits well

People are struggling with reading comprehension too. Read the response he gave to big bird then get back to me. 

• Like 1

Not even gonna read the debate. I hope no one thinks Kiesau can't coach or anything. He's well respected. Problem is recruiting on offense, as it has been. Now, if Harsin somehow pulls a big time WR coach, that'd take care of it. But with the circumstances and his thought process that likely won't happen. Hope it does though

I love how people like to accuse me of defending the coach CBH techniques when I have offered criticisms myself and I am more then happy to discuss further football criticisms. What I find laughable though are people who want the success of Auburn football but clearly don’t want to root for CBH to be successful . How the hell does that work? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

People are struggling with reading comprehension too. Read the response he gave to big bird then get back to me. 

Yes, missed that. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Now, if Harsin somehow pulls a big time WR coach, that'd take care of it. But with the circumstances and his thought process that likely won't happen. Hope it does though

Coaching aside, Reed has to be the best option.  But we also fired a guy who was allegedly a So So WR coach and good recruiter 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, missed that. 

Sorry for coming off as snarky . Just sick of people acting like I am defending obvious criticism. The criticism. Some of it is fair game which is why I have just listened but some guy essentially saying he is ready to move on is nowhere near the same as a healthy dose of criticism.

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What has he done to be chastised so greatly?

You’re kidding right? Someone posted a list of the stuff he’s done. The shorter answer would be to the question, “what has he done since he’s been at Auburn to improve the football program”.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You’re kidding right? Someone posted a list of the stuff he’s done. The shorter answer would be to the question, “what has he done since he’s been at Auburn to improve the football program”.

I saw the list.

My response was not everything on there is negative. However it is being presented and pushed as if it is.

Equally, if you are unable to see any positive influence CBH has brought, them you're intentionally being blind or are too naive to see it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Not even gonna read the debate. I hope no one thinks Kiesau can't coach or anything. He's well respected. Problem is recruiting on offense, as it has been. Now, if Harsin somehow pulls a big time WR coach, that'd take care of it. But with the circumstances and his thought process that likely won't happen. Hope it does though

Would like for it to happen also. I fear though that with the time element considered with respect to how long it took for him to name kiesau, I believe he could not get a better option (recruiter wise). He knows he needs better recruiting. He may not be able to get a good recruiter for the position coach either due to either payroll restrictions or the shape of the program restrictions.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s not what you just agreed to though . BB said he moves on from coach Bobo. Are you moving on from CBH? 

Yes, until I have a reason to come back. I’m displeased with him to the point that I’m not convinced there is a way in hell he could revive the football program. Why would I just blindly give him the benefit of the doubt at this point. 

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Coaching aside, Reed has to be the best option.  But we also fired a guy who was allegedly a So So WR coach and good recruiter 

I’m betting he won’t come.

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Do you not understand strikes and chances are intertwined? The more strikes against you, the less chances you’re afforded.

Everyone and I mean EVERYONE have Harsin a chance coming into last season. Then…

☑️ 25 points blown to MSU.

☑️ Loss to USC. 

☑️ Disastrous Iron Bowl collapse.

👍 Solid ENSD.

☑️ Another game lost due to management resulting in 5th straight L.

☑️ 3 year starting QB leaves.

☑️ 20 other players leave.

👍 Handful of super seniors and good players elect to return.

☑️ Strange choice for OC quits after week on the job.

☑️ Derek Mason takes downgrade and paycut to leave.

☑️ 0 players on NSD.

☑️ Roster needs not met in portal.

☑️ Former players speak out against him.

☑️ University investigation launched against him. 

A LOT more strikes against than seized opportunities.

In a way, each of these failures is a chance Harsin botched. He’s running out of chances.

Recruiting won’t save him. Politics won’t save him. Frankly he has one chance left - win in 2022. And that’s all he deserved. Maybe even more than he deserves.

As a positive, I would add that he made Bo Nix look like a half-way serviceable QB in the middle of the season before his injury. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I saw the list.

My response was not everything on there is negative. However it is being presented and pushed as if it is.

Equally, if you are unable to see any positive influence CBH has brought, them you're intentionally being blind or are too naive to see it.

I honestly do not see a positive influence. The team is as broke as it’s been in years. We just had a group of former players go live on social media lambasting Harsin. I can’t recall that happening to any of our other coaches in my lifetime. 

As far as the physical positives, we weren’t even able to line up a run for 1 yard multiple times during the season. So we aren’t any more physical or aggressive. We had receivers dropping balls and lining up wrong. So we aren’t any more disciplined. 

I will say that Bo Nix did look better, under Harsin’s watch. But Harsin fired the guy probably most responsible for that. 

• Like 1

I’m optimistic. Plus I’m not one to pi** and moan constantly.

He’s going to install his offense with coaches that he trusts. 

The players that stuck around have bought in to his way of doing things.

If it works out, he will be known as the coach that busted the PTB by doing things his way.

He needs to improve to get it done, but I’m hopeful.

If he doesn’t get it done, we fire him and get a new guy.

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Sorry for coming off as snarky . Just sick of people acting like I am defending obvious criticism. The criticism. Some of it is fair game which is why I have just listened but some guy essentially saying he is ready to move on is nowhere near the same as a healthy dose of criticism.

😂😂You we’re just clamoring for Hugh Freeze 2 weeks ago. Seems like you were ready to move on too.

5 hours ago, wcware said:

I agree with all that, but you forgot to add all the negative stuff that a bunch of people other than him did.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, Harsin did this to himself. He fired a WR coach 4 games in, fired his OC, and ran off a beloved DC. He's failed to address the looming trainwreck on the offensive line and at the WR position. He's got no sure-fire SEC caliber QB on roster. He failed to sign a single player on the last signing day and even lost one of his precious few receivers with any experience.

These were all true before word of the investigation broke. 

“Beloved DC” ? Mason is an arrogant and  spiteful PO_ …Determined to bury Harsin and AU Football. A boosters tool , lightweight and overrated coach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

I know you criticize him, but was more talking generally to a lot of pll and responding to you.

• Thanks 1

Roc is gonna kill it.  Dude is hungry, a players coach and all of his players over the years love him and respect him like a father.  Been killing it out on the cruitin’ trail.   
Keisau is the detailed oriented coach needed to help the qb’s make the right reads and execute the offense he knows inside and out.  

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m betting he won’t come.

You don't think Trovon Reed will come?

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I like Trovon as much as the next guy, but is it too much to ask that an SEC team like Auburn be able to find a WR coach who can recruit the area and also has experience coaching WR’s? We have a WR room of young raw talent and those guys need someone who can develop them.

18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yes, until I have a reason to come back. I’m displeased with him to the point that I’m not convinced there is a way in hell he could revive the football program. Why would I just blindly give him the benefit of the doubt at this point. 

So then why the heck you made such a big deal when I called it for what it is? You don’t support the coach but you support Auburn? 

14 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

😂😂You we’re just clamoring for Hugh Freeze 2 weeks ago. Seems like you were ready to move on too.

Yes if he was fired. I never advocated nor was supporting him being fired. BIG DIFFERENCE . I definitely didn’t get my feelings hurt when he was retained. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

Was Bobo not the QB coach also in 2021? Shouldn't he get some credit for Bo Nix showing some improvement?

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I do (hope) and think he will be a good recruiter. As far as I can see he knows nothing of WRs except how to keep them from catching the ball (lol). Probably will make a great coach and definitely seems like a players guy. Not sure how long it takes him to get up to speed on offense. What are your thoughts on that point?