Promotions for Kiesau, Bellatoni and Etheridge

Tony4AU

1 minute ago, DAG said:

So then why the heck you made such a big deal when I called it for what it is? You don’t support the coach but you support Auburn? 

I didn’t make a big deal about it. I’m just telling you that I love Auburn and will always support the players, but I don’t think their head coach is putting them in the best opportunity to be successful. I don’t support how he’s run the program, thus far.

After it was announced he’d be back and ZE agreed to stay on, I praised him and decided I would wait to see if he was going to turn this thing around with an OC that could recruit the area. But once again, he did what’s most comfortable for him. Not what is best for Auburn.

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I didn’t make a big deal about it. I’m just telling you that I love Auburn and will always support the players, but I don’t think their head coach is putting them in the best opportunity to be successful. I don’t support how he’s run the program, thus far.

After it was announced he’d be back and ZE agreed to stay on, I praised him and decided I would wait to see if he was going to turn this thing around with an OC that could recruit the area. But once again, he did what’s most comfortable for him. Not what is best for Auburn.

Well man what the heck did you expect ?! Lol. You guys want it both way. Just a couple of weeks ago we all were almost in agreement that the damage was done because of the trash being spewed out here. Chances are, he needs to keep his circle because coaches aren’t going to just put their name on the line with the drama being had. Honestly this might be the best venue for CBH. Familiarity and solid group of individuals and players who buy in. If he for sure what’s a culture change, here it is? Will it work? I am rooting for it

• Like 2

Also, even before any rumors or investigation news broke, Harsin had already promoted Schmedding to DC after Mason resigned on January 22. There was no 'search' for a DC. So for those trying to shift the perception of promoting Kiesau as Harsin not being able to hire anyone because the investigation hurting his job status doesn't really hold water imo.

Edited by Auburnfan91
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DAG said:

I love how people like to accuse me of defending the coach CBH techniques when I have offered criticisms myself and I am more then happy to discuss further football criticisms. What I find laughable though are people who want the success of Auburn football but clearly don’t want to root for CBH to be successful . How the hell does that work? 

It doesn’t. And nobody is actually oriented that way. It’s a straw man guys like you use to conflate the ideas of coaching criticism and rooting for Auburn to lose.

Nobody is doing that and I wish people would stop using that accusation. Makes it 0 sense.

We’re just pissed the pilot is taking us for a nosedive, and voicing it. But of-mf-course we hope he pulls up before we hit the ground.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It doesn’t. And nobody is actually oriented that way. It’s a straw man guys like you use to conflate the ideas of coaching criticism and rooting for Auburn to lose.

Nobody is doing that and I wish people would stop using that accusation. Makes it 0 sense.

We’re just pissed the pilot is taking us for a nosedive, and voicing it. But of-mf-course we hope he pulls up before we hit the ground.

There is literally a guy I am arguing with who legit did that and now is trying to walk it back. No different than the guys running with false allegations and now of course walked it back and on a different hill now. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Was Bobo not the QB coach also in 2021? Shouldn't he get some credit for Bo Nix showing some improvement?

I didn’t see Bo take a big jump like everyone else is saying. He continued to improve at the marginal rate he had been since he got here. I mean, he was definitely better than he would have been had Gus stayed. Maybe his progress in 21 was slightly ahead of where his natural maturation would have taken him, and I would want him back as a starter in a heartbeat. But I just didn’t see a huge improvement like everyone is saying.

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

There is literally a guy I am arguing with who is doing that. 

CivilEng can speak for himself but he’s probably like we were during the final Gus years - hoping for Auburn to win and somehow turn it around, but convinced Gus wasn’t going to. 

I think that’s another reason today’s hires are frustrating. With Gus, we knew HE was broken and needed to update his offense. So we were always excited when new guys like Morris would come in, to hopefully inject new blood and redirect our course.

Harsin’s biggest issue is recruiting, and he couldn’t have made a worse move to correct that. Really disheartening and hauntingly familiar. Still fingers crossed for a recruiter at WR coach I suppose.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This is foolish and selfish, this fan base has had It's arms wrap around Auburn at every turn, Auburn continues to be a clown show, this is the first time the PTB and fans are locked out and you don't like it. If Harsin turns this program around he will become the first coach when appropriate to tell Auburn to kiss him where the sun don't shine. 

• Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

We’re just pissed the pilot is taking us for a nosedive, and voicing it.

You are pissed off that he hired a guy that made the most sense and most logical poster predicted ? Aren’t in that fancy dancy donor group? Didn’t y’all predict this three weeks ago?! Why are you pissed off when you guys supposedly knew this hire was coming. Who the heck else is he suppose to get ? You guys want the narrative both ways. Most of us was saying this is so messed up we don’t know how he will continue ? Well this is how he freaking will continue. 

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

CivilEng can speak for himself but he’s probably like we were during the final Gus years - hoping for Auburn to win and somehow turn it around, but convinced Gus wasn’t going to. 

I think that’s another reason today’s hires are frustrating. With Gus, we knew HE was broken and needed to update his offense. So we were always excited when new guys like Morris would come in, to hopefully inject new blood and redirect our course.

Harsin’s biggest issue is recruiting, and he couldn’t have made a worse move to correct that. Really disheartening and hauntingly familiar. Still fingers crossed for a recruiter at WR coach I suppose.

That’s not what he said initially. It’s in this thread. You can read it once. Only when I posted a rebuff , he clarified. I have no problem with criticism but don’t get mad at me when I call you out for the things you say. Too much of that going on around here. Things aren’t up for misinterpretation. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

You are pissed off that he hired a guy that made the most sense and most logical poster predicted ? Aren’t in that fancy dancy donor group? Didn’t y’all predict this three weeks ago?! Why are you pissed off when you guys supposedly knew this hire was coming. Who the heck else is he suppose to get ? You guys want the narrative both ways. Most of us was saying this is so messed up we don’t know how he will continue ? Well this is how he freaking will continue. 

Uh I can anticipate a lot of bad or disappointing things are going to happen and still hope they don’t come to fruition. Especially when the names Fuente we’re floated around and we were assured a national search was going to still happen. But nope. 

Like I said above. We are hopeful the guy will change his ways and grow. 

Just now, AUght2win said:

Uh I can anticipate a lot of bad or disappointing things are going to happen and still hope they don’t come to fruition. Especially when the names Fuente we’re floated around and we were assured a national search was going to still happen. But nope. 

Like I said above. We are hopeful the guy will change his ways and grow. 

Wait regardless if it was floated around , I was told that you guys knew three weeks ago this was the OC hire. So if you knew this , why would you even care to get your hopes up about Fuente? If you knew this, why are you this upset about ? You still upset three weeks after knowing this ? Lol dang. It is what it is. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s not what he said initially. It’s in this thread. You can read it once. Only when I posted a rebuff , he clarified. I have no problem with criticism but don’t get mad at me when I call you out for the things you say. Too much of that going on around here. Things aren’t up for misinterpretation. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

I’ve read what he said. He never said he was rooting AGAINST Harsin or hoping for him to fail. If you’re rooting for Auburn you’re also rooting for CBH.  It’s just like I said with Gus. Going into 2020 I was done with Gus. Hope was virtually gone. But I still rooted for our team and hoped we won every game.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

I’ve read what he said. He never said he was rooting AGAINST Harsin or hoping for him to fail. If you’re rooting for Auburn you’re also rooting for CBH.  It’s just like I said with Gus. Going into 2020 I was done with Gus. Hope was virtually gone. But I still rooted for our team and hoped we won every game.

He said he is ready to move on from CBH? How could you possibly be rooting for someone if you already concluded that you are ready to move on, alas Big Bird with Bobo? If you are ready to move on then you have concluded he ain’t the one. Are you seriously trying to debate that ?  

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Wait regardless if it was floated around , I was told that you guys knew three weeks ago this was the OC hire. So if you knew this , why would you even care to get your hopes up about Fuente? If you knew this, why are you this upset about ? You still upset three weeks after knowing this ? Lol dang. It is what it is. 

Nobody *knows* anything, DAG, and you know that. Phillip Marshall *knew* Harsin was gone, along with every beat writer. Remember about a week before Bo left, there was online assurance and celebration that he had decided to return? Remember when Hoke said Tank was gone and then he wasn’t?

Stuff can change. No one is omnipotent. It’s like a weather forecast. If there’s 80% chance of rain you can hope for the 20, but still understand it’s unlikely. 

Nobody *knows* anything, DAG, and you know that. Phillip Marshall *knew* Harsin was gone, along with every beat writer. Remember about a week before Bo left, there was online assurance and celebration that he had decided to return? Remember when Hoke said Tank was gone and then he wasn’t?

Stuff can change. No one is omnipotent. It’s like a weather forecast. If there’s 80% chance of rain you can hope for the 20, but still understand it’s unlikely. 

No I don’t know that. Again , RIR said they knew he was the OC 3 weeks ago. Is he lying ?

51 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It doesn’t. And nobody is actually oriented that way.

Yes, there are people on this board doing it. Not you. You criticize but i know you want harsin to succeed.

But to say TB, RiR, Corgi and others that have been trashing this hire since day 1 aren't oriented the way DAG is saying just doesn't hold water for me. Espcially when I haven't seen them say a positive thing in his favor. Ever. Especially Viper, TB, Corgi, Mikey...

Edited by Didba
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

He said he is ready to move on from CBH? How could you possibly be rooting for someone if you already concluded that you are ready to move on, alas Big Bird with Bobo? If you are ready to move on then you have concluded he ain’t the one. Are you seriously trying to debate that ?  

I’m trying to debate the fact that still doesn’t mean the dude isn’t rooting for Auburn to win. Same as the rest of us.

Ultimately most fans on here care about Auburn’s success. You can root for that regardless of your feelings of their CHANCES of success. Given the chance, Civil would probably fire CBH right now because he believes it’s best for Auburn. I’m not yet convinced it’s best for Auburn. But regardless, we’ll both be rooting for Auburn to win when they kick in the fall.

I keep posting it but it’s the same as the Gus years. 

I’m trying to debate the fact that still doesn’t mean the dude isn’t rooting for Auburn to win. Same as the rest of us.

Ultimately most fans on here care about Auburn’s success. You can root for that regardless of your feelings of their CHANCES of success. Given the chance, Civil would probably fire CBH right now because he believes it’s best for Auburn. I’m not yet convinced it’s best for Auburn. But regardless, we’ll both be rooting for Auburn to win when they kick in the fall.

I keep posting it but it’s the same as the Gus years. 

That’s fair . I am basing this stuff on what someone actually typed out. Interpret it how you want . 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

No I don’t know that. Again , RIR said they knew he was the OC 3 weeks ago. Is he lying ?

RiR is pushing a certain narrative and has been for several months now. I think he tells the truth from his inside sources but it's very biased whether he intends it or not. I've started to call him out, pretty unwise of me I know but somebody has to do it.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I did look it up and that was not guaranteed. He took what was.

Your kidding  right? He gave up a chance to be Bama OC to go to Miami? Didn't tell saban he was leaving... Saban got pissed..  

Edited by NWALA Tiger