Promotions for Kiesau, Bellatoni and Etheridge

Tony4AU

I'm not sure if anyone has touched on this yet because I haven't read through this thread. No OC with a solid background in recruiting the south, developing QB's and being a great play caller is going to take this OC job. The first reason is because the program is a mess right now and Harsin is known to fire asst. coaches quiet regular. The 2nd reason is kinda like the 1st one in that most all coaches know that if things aren't turned around this season, our entire coaching staff will be in the unemployment line. The 3rd and probably the main reasons OC's won't come here is because Harsin is going to be the play caller. No OC worth a damn wants to have the OC title without calling plays. This was the reason Gus never could land a top notch OC because Gus was going to call the plays and wasn't taking any input from asst coaches on the offensive side of the ball. Offense was always Gus's baby just like it is with Harsin. Gus could only land young OC's that played for him (Lashlee), OC's that coached under Gus's former boss Todd Graham (Chip Lindsey), a very young coach that knew Gus's system (Dillingham) and a fired head coach that needed to gain back his reputation (Chad Morris.) 

Harsin's OC hires will probably continue to be underwhelming just like Gus's OC hires were. We have no problem landing DC with proven track records like Muschamp, Steele and Mason. It's the OC spot we struggle with and it ALL boils down to 2 hard headed, offensive minded head coaches that won't relinquish play calling duties. 

26 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

lots of whining by au fans

billy-crystal-tissue.gif

This is the life of any fanbase on any message board at any major school that does not have a proven winner in football or basketball. Thank God we are finally 1 for 2. Football will continue to be like this until we hire a proven winner IN A MAJOR CONFERENCE or get lucky and hire a up and comer who turns in to one. Does not matter who the coach is. They have all run together since Dye and shared the same result. NO. SUSTAINED. SUCCESS. The same type of arguments regurgitated 344940894289 different ways. It is tiresome and draining. Like I just want to have fun watching Auburn football and have a sexy entertaining high flying passing attack FOR ONCE and have Qbs who throw for a ton of yards and actually have a WR who has over 1k receiving yards. I mean really I would ask is this to much to ask?! But apparently it always has been for Auburn. Even when we are successful we are a run first team. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Has been for months. It's just taken this long for many of the pumpers to finally see it. The last few remaining pumpers here will still be bi*chin as he's driving away with 18M in late November.

@AUght2win    lmao

• Haha 1

TB or Viper for worst poster on the board... it's a close one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Good point. I’ve posted numerous times over the last few years and none of us AU fans really has to look any farther than the PTB. I mean come on, argue that they give millions or whatever, but doesn’t that happen at every major school. The difference is, the big money donors for AU think they need to run the show because of the amount they donate. Are Bama and UGA not the same way? Yes, they are, but the money people give, but just don’t base their donations on trying to control everything. AU is a current laughingstock and has been forever, because of the severe dysfunction. Really doesn’t matter who the HC is, because of the infighting and diss array. I love AU, but I just don’t see any changes ever happening. Thankfully, BP was locked up, because that’s the best decision ever made. 

I agree with almost all of this except with the Alabama boosters. Before Saban arrived, Alabama's PTB were meddling more than Auburn's PTB ever dreamed of. They would mostly hire coaches with ties to Bear Bryant like Stallings and Dubose. Then they went and hired their former QB in Mike Shula. The boosters were an absolute nightmare and most of them wanted to be like a CEO of the football program. Saban came in and pretty much told them to donate their money and take a seat because he was 100% in charge. There was a ton of pushback over this and many wanted him fired after his 1st season because he was 6-6 in the regular season and lost to La. Monroe. He had the #1 class coming in though and started his 2nd year off 12-0. That saved his ass and from everything you hear, the boosters have remained quiet as a church mouse. It ALL depends solely on wins and losses!! Bottomline 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is the life of any fanbase on any message board at any major school that does not have a proven winner in football or basketball. Thank God we are finally 1 for 2. Football will continue to be like this until we hire a proven winner IN A MAJOR CONFERENCE or get lucky and hire a up and comer who turns in to one. Does not matter who the coach is. They have all run together since Dye and shared the same result. NO. SUSTAINED. SUCCESS. The same type of arguments regurgitated 344940894289 different ways. It is tiresome and draining. Like I just want to have fun watching Auburn football and have a sexy entertaining high flying passing attack FOR ONCE and have Qbs who throw for a ton of yards and actually have a WR who has over 1k receiving yards. I mean really I would ask is this to much to ask?! But apparently it always has been for Auburn. Even when we are successful we are a run first team. 

I hope everyone is happy @aufamilyforum. You’ve broken Gwill!!!
it’s only February 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Writing.  Wall.  With all these moves.

Red - you're input is one my bellwethers for actual (vs just emotional) program direction, and if coach Harsin's on the outs with you, that's indicative of real problems. IMHO. I still feel he can shock us in a good way in the Fall, O line or not, and if he buys in NIL - his recruiting can go from 18th out of 136 recruiting class ranked teams, to top 10..

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The timing was perfect for Freeze. He wanted the job, he could put together a good staff and AU couldve been fun to watch for the first time in what seems like eternity. Instead we get more 1-0 win the day.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Ah, so the only thing worse than Harsin’s current moves are his former ones 👌.

Man i thought that you said that you were going to throw that blanket away? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

He had the #1 class coming in though and started his 2nd year off 12-0. That saved his ass and from everything you hear, the boosters have remained quiet as a church mouse. It ALL depends solely on wins and losses!! Bottomline

And this is why people need to stop comparing CNS to CBH and vice versa. CBH hasn’t proved a dang thing and his recruiting is just okay . Btw , I am not saying you are doing that . I’ve seen a lot of people mention Saban and I cringe. You have made some great points . Ultimately , it is going to come down to wins and losses. If he was acting this way and he had a top five recruiting class coming in, he would not have nearly as much push back. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Viper said:

It doesn't matter why Mason left. The underlying issue is the very best assistant that Harsin hired to begin his P5 career walked out after a single season with no immediate contract waiting on him. Mason wasn't eyeing a better job. He was eyeing to GTFO.

You refuse to see the infinite list of issues with Harsin as a SEC HC.

Finishes 0-5

DC walks after one year

Promotes a Boise DC from within

OC walks after 43 days

Recruiting finishes #18

PTB launches an all-out crusade to exorcise him into taking a severance check

Promotes a Boise OC from within

But oh no...you keep doing you...

leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif

So now u want to chime in on this subject to I see. It's kinda like an obsession with u. Did you go to elementary school with Harsin? Did he take your milk money from you? It has to be exhausting. But you keep on doing you. It's really simple, so see if you can follow along. I don't care who the OC,DC,CLIPBOARD HOLDER, OR WATER BOY is. If they win Harsin stays.If they lose Harsin leaves, just like at any other program. HE JUST NEEDS MORE THAN 1 YEAR FOR IT TO BE DETERMINED. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, DAG said:

Gonna Peacock again for a second ... our Platinum and Gold Donors knew that Kiesau would be the next OC almost 3 weeks ago ...

YEAH TOTAL PREDICTION.

It was a single post 3 weeks ago. Nothing definitive. Lots of speculation since then. I guess they got it right? But it's not they have been saying for weeks it'll be Kiesau and shot down anyone else

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It was a single post 3 weeks ago. Nothing definitive. Lots of speculation since then. I guess they got it right? But it's not they have been saying for weeks it'll be Kiesau and shot down anyone else

Not disagreeing with any of that. Just want people to acknowledge it lol.  Why do people want to come in here and deny certain things or say "Nobody is doing such and such." You give one example and posters do their best to spin it instead of saying what you just said. I almost want to be done with these forums because of such responses.

Edited by DAG

48 minutes ago, DAG said:

And this is why people need to stop comparing CNS to CBH and vice versa. CBH hasn’t proved a dang thing and his recruiting is just okay . Btw , I am not saying you are doing that . I’ve seen a lot of people mention Saban and I cringe. You have made some great points . Ultimately , it is going to come down to wins and losses. If he was acting this way and he had a top five recruiting class coming in, he would not have nearly as much push back. 

Saban came in and united; so far Harsin has come in and divided.  Doesn’t matter if it’s his fault or not.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Didba said:

Are they the same person? 

1 hour ago, CR said:

The timing was perfect for Freeze. He wanted the job, he could put together a good staff and AU couldve been fun to watch for the first time in what seems like eternity. Instead we get more 1-0 win the day.

Why didn't you step up and pay the buyout?

10 hours ago, DAG said:

No I don’t know that. Again , RIR said they knew he was the OC 3 weeks ago. Is he lying ?

On 01/30 he said, “Just received a phone call, Kiesau will be promoted “

Edited by aubearcat
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

Are they the same person? 

Why didn't you step up and pay the buyout?

Enjoy your Harsin Ball.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Just remember that there wasn't even a molehill for Auburn fans to turn into a mountain until national signing day, which Harsin saw come and go without an offensive coordinator or any new signees all on his own. It has nothing to do with the investigation. 

He's done nothing to improve the roster and of the five coaches that left, only one made a vertical move out. If anyone is scared off, it is by that and not by Auburn's boosters. Besides, isn't the whole point about this that everyone in college football already knew what Auburn boosters are like?

Hence all of our slam dunk coaching hires.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Didba said:

You have them both whipped in this competition, and no it's not close at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2