Men vs Miss State Game Thread

Maverick.AU

SEC CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!! WIN ON SUNDAY AND GET IT OUTRIGHT!!

This team is frustrating as hell because we know how good they can play.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

He made it look better but I had a dunk like that once.  We were trying to kill clock for mercy, but nobody came to guard me so I took it home lol. 

SEC CHAMPS BABY!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Wow, that was nerve racking!

• Like 1

Can’t believe we survived that second half. So good to get the win but man. Something about this team just doesn’t click at all times. I think we gotta use that KD, Zep, Green combo more

KD is that dude when they say "I'd go to war with that dude" he just has that ability to go psycho. Something that will def help in the the post season 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Sometimes we need a few more guys to play angry.

KD gets that look and doesn’t let the other team out step him. I’m glad we have him on nights like tonight.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, AUBwins said:

He made it look better but I had a dunk like that once.  We were trying to kill clock for mercy, but nobody came to guard me so I took it home lol. 

SEC CHAMPS BABY!

🙄  j/k.

• Haha 1

Hope we can carry that over into Saturday.  I don't want to share any type of championship...

• Like 2

Just now, gravejd said:

Can’t believe we survived that second half. So good to get the win but man. Something about this team just doesn’t click at all times. I think we gotta use that KD, Zep, Green combo more

I don’t mind that, but Green HAS to see more open guys. He’s become a step slow in that regard.

1 minute ago, BigBlueWDE said:

What is the tiebreaker scenario for the SECT seeding? We are 1-2 against the second place teams

If we tie with UK we are 1 seed. 

3 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

What is the tiebreaker scenario for the SECT seeding? We are 1-2 against the second place teams

If we had the same record as Arkansas or Tennessee, we'd be out of luck. Arkansas is pretty much in pole position in that hypothetical, but they have to play UTk again so we'll see 

edit: LSU winning tonight would be very very big. Pretty much eliminates the Arkansas side of that possibility

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

Great win!!!

But this getting out rebounded, and turnovers (though we won that battle tonight) needs to be corrected, like yesterday.

Always happy to have even a share of the SEC regular season championship but let’s be honest. We shouldn’t even be playing for a share tonight because we should have already clenched the SEC by beating UF and UTk. We shouldn’t have needed OT to beat MSU. They can push this narrative of “it’s hard to play in the SEC” all they want but it’s harder to play in the tournament. I wouldn’t be so annoyed with our play if we were not clearly the more talented team week in and week out. I’ll give this team the UConn and Ark losses but that’s it. Our shooting has been a concern since late January. This isn’t a slump, it’s a habit. Now rebounding has gone down and turnovers have gone up. We also don’t have near the bench production we did in the beginning of the season. Bruce needs to get it together and figure it out. Don’t mean to just rain on the parade but this team is in trouble if we don’t start having better production.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1