Men vs Miami Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

It's the 2 quick fouls early in the game. It takes him out of his game. Everybody knows that by now and they plan on it.

No. In basketball you have to be assertive. Can't hold back or play timid! You'll lose every time

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Bro you don't go 27-5 and win a regular season conference title getting out coached all season. This whole Bruce sucks mentality when we have bad games gets a little old. Does he have plenty of things he can improve and get better at? Yes, but was he outcoached all season? No. This team was predicted to not be very good and basically be middle of the pack in the conference, we wind a regular season championship and we're a 2 seed

Don't have any more reactions or I would like your post. Our team has outperformed the expectations but he needs to start taking timeouts and stop being so stubborn on his rotations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Auburn1992 said:

Doesn't really matter who the next round would've been or if we would've had USC this round; the way the team is playing, a 16 seed would've sent us packing

Hey Nate Oats!  Get off the forum.  Your team lost in the first round 

• Like 1

Weak guard play. No leadership. Poor half court offense. Auburn needs to hit the recruiting trail as well. Hope Pearl learns something from this. Disappointing showing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Should be our top priority. It wins in March. See teams like St. Peters and Iowa State who nobody picked. Miami has 3 good guards. I think their lack of size will catch up to them if they get past Iowa State but you have a grate chance to win it all when you have good guards. 

I'm biased of course, but if we had grabbed Mark Sears this would have been a much more dangerous team......live and learn though

• Like 2

Congrats to the Canes...they out coached us, out hustled us and made shots and FREE throws when it counted...even since teams took away our pick and roll, we haven't been able to adjust...our outside shooting is questionable and we have no inside game...If Walker decides to turn pro, just trying to block shots isn't going to make it...needs to develop and game around the basket...still was a rewarding year...wish Jabori the best in the NBA....hopefully we'll pick up a few in the portal and make a run next season...

• Like 2

Welp it was fun. Frustrating but fun, just like all basketball. I don’t think we could make it past Kansas anyways but would have been fun to make it that far. We need better shooters. Point, blank, period. I wonder what next year will look like. It feels like talent wise this is Auburn’s peak which is what makes me sad we are going out like this. We could have done it but that’s just Auburn. It’s always “we could have done it”.  

• Like 2

Disappointing Michigan and Gonzaga were behind in both of their games. In the second half the both came out and established their inside guys. Don’t understand why Auburn couldn’t do the same vs a smaller team

Just now, TexasTiger said:

What a frustrating way to end the year.

I will say it. We are and were overrated this year. This team had at the very least, 2 of the best 20 players on the country. We have ZERO for decent guards. This in my opinion is far from a successful year. On top of that, we’ve wasted one of the few years you get an all time talent at forward and center. Had we had Jared Harper running our show, which is the guards, we may could have won it this year. Winning the SEC is nice, but damn, this team fell apart the last 8 or so games of the season. Just an opinion, but seems par for the course with AU. 

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I know there's a thread on this, but as a conference, I think we got exposed this spring. 

Talent is there, but my goodness something is missing. 

A consistent 3 point shooter and guard play. Full stop. 

• Like 1

Some of you all need to chill. It's disappointing yes. But how many of you all had us winning the SEC this year? Yes, Bruce has some things to work on but at the same time it's clear as time went on this team had deficiencies at very important areas. 

We had a great season in spite of not having good guard play. You can be disappointed and even mad, but to trash our coach, C'MON! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Bruce better get us some 3 point shooting on the off season.  You not gonna win. Our shooting has sucked for the last 2 months of the season.

I’m curious to see what Bruce is willing to do as far as roster management goes with all of guards and wings potentially returning.