Poor Marjorie Taylor Greene. She "honestly" can't remember.

AU9377

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-trump-martial-law-testimony/

I will readily admit that I have no use for this pathetic piece of North Georgia trash.  She is what is wrong with American politics.  How does someone like this get elected?  She got elected because she had an R next to her name on the ballot.  I doubt that she will get disqualified as a result of the hearings, but the fact that she has become a hero to some is a symptom of a sickness that persists.

• Like 3

they caught her lying when she said she did not say something and then they played the video. but if she is not held accountable i will look at it as just another nail in the coffin of america. we are supposed to be electing our best and brightest. so how is that working out for us? then they stir up crap and keep us so entrenched there is very likely little chance we could not clean house.

• Like 1

Let's look at that text:

Greene texted: "In our private chat with only Members, several are saying the only way to save our Republic is for Trump to call for Marshall (sic) law. I don't know on those things. I just wanted you to tell him. They stole this election. We all know. They will destroy our country next. Please tell him to declassify as much as possible so we can go after Biden and anyone else!"

lol

The only thing she called for Meadows to tell Trump was to declassify, not declare martial law.

What a joke.

15 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Let's look at that text:

lol

The only thing she called for Meadows to tell Trump was to declassify, not declare martial law.

What a joke.

I agree, she didn't directly call for martial law, but do you really think she was passing along the message as just a friendly FYI?

And do you really believe telling him to declassify material to aid in an attempt override a legitimate election is a joke?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Let's look at that text:

lol

What a joke.

"Greene texted: "In our private chat with only Members, several are saying the only way to save our Republic is for Trump to call for Marshall (sic) law. I don't know on those things. I just wanted you to tell him. They stole this election. We all know. They will destroy our country next. Please tell him to declassify as much as possible so we can go after Biden and anyone else!"

Have Republicans gotten so bad and this lie is so disregarded, that your defense of Greene is that she didn't specifically call for martial law directly?

(I think we know the answer to that.)

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 4

Would The 'Gazpacho' police be the ones carrying out this 'Marshall' Law? 

You almost hope to see MTG get re-elected just because she's mostly powerless, yet is the most publicly obvious example of modern Republicans extremism and stupidity. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Let's look at that text:

lol

What a joke.

Please do share your thoughts on why she felt it so important that trump know many "Members" wanted him to enact martial law. Especially when she made it a point to qualify her comment, but that qualifier was in no way a condemnation of the idea. 

You are reading evidence of an orchestrated attempt to subvert democracy committed by extremely high ranking government officials- many of whom remain in office- and you call it a joke. 

You've all lost your minds. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 4

On 4/25/2022 at 10:01 AM, AU9377 said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-trump-martial-law-testimony/

I will readily admit that I have no use for this pathetic piece of North Georgia trash.  She is what is wrong with American politics.  How does someone like this get elected?  She got elected because she had an R next to her name on the ballot.  I doubt that she will get disqualified as a result of the hearings, but the fact that she has become a hero to some is a symptom of a sickness that persists.

Couldn’t the same be said for AOC?  

52 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

AOC is mostly wrong about politics.

MTG is wrong about being a human being.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

"Greene texted: "In our private chat with only Members, several are saying the only way to save our Republic is for Trump to call for Marshall (sic) law. I don't know on those things. I just wanted you to tell him. They stole this election. We all know. They will destroy our country next. Please tell him to declassify as much as possible so we can go after Biden and anyone else!"

Have Republicans gotten so bad and this lie is so disregarded, that your defense of Greene is that she didn't specifically call for martial law directly?

(I think we know the answer to that.)

I don't have to have another argument or defense.

She didn't call for martial law. The accusation that she called for martial law or asked Trump to impose martial law is part of the basis for the legal challenge. The law they're trying to argue that applies to MTG is that she engaged in insurrection and that's why she should be disqualified. This show trial is a joke.

6 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I disagree with AOC on a lot of her positions on issues.  MTG is like a cartoon of embarrassment. AOC does have some sense of decorum.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

She didn't call for martial law. The accusation that she called for martial law or asked Trump to impose martial law is part of the basis for the legal challenge. The law they're trying to argue that applies to MTG is that she engaged in insurrection and that's why she should be disqualified. This show trial is a joke.

Do you believe that she a sensible representative or a leader?  Does she routinely promote baseless conspiracy theories?  Does she show respect for the House of Representatives where she is a sitting member?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

AOC is mostly wrong about politics.

MTG is wrong about being a human being.

This is a really great way of articulating a lot of why the discourse changed with trump and trumpism. At some point, it stops being politics. That certainly does go both ways, but you just can't identify the same extent of discriminatory, anti-democratic, violent aspirations on the Left. No, Antifa isn't even remotely the same, nor is it as closely tied to any power elite or Democratic ideology as January 6th, numerous conspiracy peddling elected officials including MTG, and any other number of far right extremists are to trump and trumpism. 

This gutter trash and her buddy heckled POTUS as he eulogized fallen servicemen- including his own son- during a SOTU address. No, there is no comparison to AOC here. 

It actually says everything about the current GOP that AOC is the constant target for whataboutism from the right. She absolutely laps those with whom these mouth breathers wish they could equivocate her in terms of class, dignity and intelligence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Every politician who continues to agree with and support Trump's claims that he actually won the 2020 election is guilty of sedition and attempted insurrection to our democracy, by definition.

For just one example, I present David Perdue:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/04/26/trump-sycophant-david-perdue-georgia-loss/ 

There are many others.

Calling for, or publicly supporting martial law is just another piece of evidence, but it's not necessary to qualify as a traitor to our democracy.  One cannot attack democracy any more than by refusing to accept the results of a legal election.

Republicans are clearly prepared to sacrifice our democracy - and ultimately our freedom -  for personal political gain.

Anyone who doesn't recognize that qualifies as one of their useful idiots.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 6:37 PM, Auburnfan91 said:

First it's not a criminal trial.  Greene has not been indicted for a crime (although in a perfect world, she would be indicted for sedition, at least).

It is an legal effort to disqualify her from public office.  I think of it as a constituent's impeachment of their representative. 

You can argue that citizens cannot do that (the judge said they can) and you can argue that the precise syntax of her text didn't qualify as a "call" for martial law, but it's difficult to argue that she was willing to propose it's consideration:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-martial-law-mark-meadows-text-messages/

Bottom line, no one who values our freedoms can support a politician who would overturn a legal election and/or suggest that martial law be considered as a component of overturning that legal election . 

That goes for all politicians who continue to propagate the lie the 2020 election was "stolen".

The "party of Lincoln" has now become a anti-democratic cult. :no:

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

First it's not a criminal trial.  Greene has not been indicted for a crime (although in a perfect world, she would be indicted for sedition, at least).

It is an legal effort to disqualify her from public office.  I think of it as a constituent's impeachment of their representative. 

You can argue that citizens cannot do that (the judge said they can) and you can argue that the precise syntax of her text didn't qualify as a "call" for martial law, but it's difficult to argue that she was willing to propose it's consideration:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-martial-law-mark-meadows-text-messages/

Bottom line, no one who values our freedoms can support a politician who would overturn a legal election and/or suggest that martial law be considered as a component of overturning that legal election . 

That goes for all politicians who continue to propagate the lie the 2020 election was "stolen", which includes about 2/3 of all self-identified Republicans.

The "party of Lincoln" has now become a anti-democratic cult.

I've already stated it was a legal challenge:

On 4/26/2022 at 5:37 PM, Auburnfan91 said:

I know full well it's not a criminal trial. MTG's lawyer called the court hearing a political show trial. It's not uncommon for political hearings to be considered show trials by the side that opposes them.

On 4/25/2022 at 8:20 PM, Leftfield said:

I agree, she didn't directly call for martial law, but do you really think she was passing along the message as just a friendly FYI?

And do you really believe telling him to declassify material to aid in an attempt override a legitimate election is a joke?

It's funny how Trump supporters quickly shift to applying criminal trial standards for rules-of-evidence when the point of all this is to simply reveal the intentions of these traitors to democracy.

And the irony here is that such a text would be admissible in a criminal trial.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 3

On 4/27/2022 at 10:07 AM, McLoofus said:

This is a really great way of articulating a lot of why the discourse changed with trump and trumpism. At some point, it stops being politics. That certainly does go both ways, but you just can't identify the same extent of discriminatory, anti-democratic, violent aspirations on the Left. No, Antifa isn't even remotely the same, nor is it as closely tied to any power elite or Democratic ideology as January 6th, numerous conspiracy peddling elected officials including MTG, and any other number of far right extremists are to trump and trumpism. 

This gutter trash and her buddy heckled POTUS as he eulogized fallen servicemen- including his own son- during a SOTU address. No, there is no comparison to AOC here. 

It actually says everything about the current GOP that AOC is the constant target for whataboutism from the right. She absolutely laps those with whom these mouth breathers wish they could equivocate her in terms of class, dignity and intelligence. 

This gutter trash and her buddy heckled POTUS as he eulogized fallen servicemen- including his own son- during a SOTU address. No, there is no comparison to AOC here.  if we had done this the right would have lost their ever loving minds. i hope she goes to jail. she REALLY disrespected oou8r fallen troops but it is still but kap.blah blah blah........

On 4/27/2022 at 10:07 AM, McLoofus said:

The discourse changed dramatically, ramped up when DJT rode the escalator. Never has there been a persistent continuous barrage of attacks against ANY politician from either side in this country's history. You looking for the start point? Look no further. The democrat party started and continued a whole new level of lies, smearing, muckraking, and outright abuse of the legal system and levers of government to attack ONE man who they hated for coming out of nowhere and beating their coronated one Hillary Clinton. No comparison exists to what the left did to Trump.  And yet you would seriously and laughably imply that the gutter discourse started with MTG. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

The discourse changed dramatically, ramped up when DJT rode the escalator. Never has there been a persistent continuous barrage of attacks against ANY politician from either side in this country's history. You looking for the start point? Look no further. The democrat party started and continued a whole new level of lies, smearing, muckraking, and outright abuse of the legal system and levers of government to attack ONE man who they hated for coming out of nowhere and beating their coronated one Hillary Clinton. No comparison exists to what the left did to Trump.  And yet you would seriously and laughably imply that the gutter discourse started with MTG. 

He had not beaten anyone, other than the ex wife, when he came down the escalator.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, AU9377 said:

He had not beaten anyone, other than the ex wife, when he came down the escalator.

Spreading more lies I see. Even snopes didn't support that allegation. But you keep on living in your Trump hating fantasy world.  

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Spreading more lies I see. Even snopes didn't support that allegation. But you keep on living in your Trump hating fantasy world.  

The thread started with MTG and you threw in the escalator ride.  I thought it was a clever comment, if I say so myself.  LOL

It's not like the ex didn't make the allegation at one time.  She clearly did and later changed her mind.  I wonder why?

Edited by AU9377

On 4/26/2022 at 10:14 PM, AU9377 said:

Do you believe that she a sensible representative or a leader?  Does she routinely promote baseless conspiracy theories?  Does she show respect for the House of Representatives where she is a sitting member?

I'm not sure. :dunno:

Has her theory that Jews start wildfires from lasers based on satellites ever been investigated?  

:laugh:

Edited by homersapien

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The thread started with MTG and you threw in the escalator ride.  I thought it was a clever comment, if I say so myself.  LOL

It's not like the ex didn't make the allegation at one time.  She clearly did and later changed her mind.  I wonder why?

Obviously you have not experienced the scorned woman “negotiating” a divorce. Consider yourself lucky on that one.