End of June Update

Zeek

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't think he's even an option, but I'm pretty sure if he was we would have many, maybe even a majority against him. But as far as recruiting my point is it would take someone like him to make our brand here to be somewhat cool. 

I think one of the most interesting things you pointed out is we’re not the cool school—the fun school, and we’re not. We’re the hometown, family school because we’re the hometown, family town. However, I do believe that can be overcome with the right coach. Look at what Bruce has done with our program, and what the players are saying. Suddenly, we are the “fun” and “cool” school. Auburn basketball is hot, and if you want to show off and maybe win a championship, come play here. I’ll never forget how much fun everyone looked like they were having when Sharife Cooper was here—it was like backyard basketball for them. Auburn the town is still the small, southern place, but the program is rockin, and somehow, everyone is on the same page on what greatness looks like for this program that has been bad for so long. If we had someone like that running the football program then maybe things would be different. But honestly, I think the only way things will change any time soon is if we had more Bruces, both in leadership and as boosters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, cbo said:

How many schools do we honestly believe can put more money behind their football program than Auburn? Everyone is acting like we are UAB or something. Just because we don't have Texas money doesn't mean we can't compete. Money will make it very difficult for some schools to compete in the NIL era, but this is nothing new. The only difference is some of the money is finally going to the people who deserve it. 

Look at it this way. Auburn is 15th all time in win percentage. Auburn is around 10th in annual revenue. We have very wealthy boosters. NIL should not take us down one bit. 

It would have been nice if even a little bit of thought went into how NIL would operate, but it shouldn't be hurting Auburn. If it is, it is likely because of leadership and HC. 

Auburn’s got money. They’re paying Gus’ buyout and was ready to get rid of Harsin after just one year and hire somebody else. You’ve got to be doing well financially to try to do something like that

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Zeek said:

4* RB Jeremiah Cobb will announce his commitment Friday. It is my expectation that he will pick Auburn. Hoping maybe this gets the ball rolling a little bit. 

It’ll be a shock if he picks anybody else. Like I said, Caddy and Etheridge are gone get results. It’s everybody else that’s not holding up they end of the bargain

• Like 1

10 hours ago, au302 said:

modernizing the program and appealing to the younger generation.

That is one thing about this staff as a whole that I like. They seem to get that a little bit more than the former staff.

I'm not sure how you see this happening.  One tiktok guy?

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

I will probably be the only person to admit this but I have absolutely no idea why we as a school pretend that we are broke and don't have any money

No matter how much money the school has, it can't go into the NIL pool. That has to come from boosters outside of the school. If the millionaires aren't putting up the cash the NIL fund can be broke and there's nothing school officials can do about it. NIL money and Auburn University's money are entirely separate things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Locked on Auburn podcast killed my mood today. I’ve been saying it since the start of the Harsin era. Harsin’s biggest Achilles heal is going to be his ability to recruit down here. If he can’t land a top 25 class this year, Auburn needs to make a change, before we are sitting in a bigger hole. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Locked on Auburn podcast killed my mood today. I’ve been saying it since the start of the Harsin era. Harsin’s biggest Achilles heal is going to be his ability to recruit down here. If he can’t land a top 25 class this year, Auburn needs to make a change, before we are sitting in a bigger hole. 

What was the cliff notes? Who did they say we gonna miss on or was it just generic,?

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What was the cliff notes? Who did they say we gonna miss on or was it just generic,?

Without going back, they said we will probably miss on Brock, Avery Stuart, and Keldrick Faulk. But they generally just said that we aren’t in a good spot recruiting and will probably miss on the top 10 recruits in the state of Alabama. Which is unacceptable. Meanwhile…

https://flywareagle.com/2022/06/27/auburn-football-malzahn-2nd-5-star-ucf/amp/

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Without going back, they said we will probably miss on Brock, Avery Stuart, and Keldrick Faulk. But they generally just said that we aren’t in a good spot recruiting and will probably miss on the top 10 recruits in the state of Alabama. Which is unacceptable. Meanwhile…

I thought Faulk was a sure fire lock

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Apparently Clemson has been going hard at him and the outlook isn’t good. Basically we can get guys in the door but can’t compete with the big boys anymore. The were saying we may have moved down to 3rd with Brock, behind OSU and LSU. It’s depressing af. 

22 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Idk why but I knew Gus would get him. At this point Bowman is looking for somebody who’s gone give him some carries and Gus definitely gone do that 

46 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He can make a top 25 class unfortunately that’s not good enough. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

He can make a top 25 class unfortunately that’s not good enough. 

Oh I completely agree. That’ll put us in the bottom third of the SEC. We are on an uncomfortable downward spiral. I want Harsin to do well, but I just don’t think he will.

• Like 1

Isn't the head of Apple an Auburn alum? But we can't get money for NIL. Seems like these "Auburn" men are letting us down

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Isn't the head of Apple an Auburn alum? But we can't get money for NIL. Seems like these "Auburn" men are letting us down

Tim Cook is reportedly worth $1.3B and Jimmy Rane right at $1B.    It's their money to spend as they wish but I would hope AU is courting them very hard for the NIL war chest.    Not sure how well-versed Cook is with the whole NIL saga but you know darn well Rane knows all about it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You assume he even likes football much less thinks an unaccomplished child still in highschool is worth $9.5 million to come to his alma mater.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

You assume he even likes football much less thinks an unaccomplished child still in highschool is worth $9.5 million to come to his alma mater.

This!! Tim Cook is far more likely to give scholarship money to an actual scholar than to a football player. And good for him. Bad for Auburn’s football program though.

NIL is supposed to be a mutual party partnership with businesses. It’s not a donation scheme. And there isn’t one athlete at Auburn who is going to add millions of dollars of value to local businesses, so you gotta wonder how this thing is even going to work, long term.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Didn’t we say the same thing about this sinking 2023 class for us to survive recruiting?

I get your point....I was talking (actually repeating) what a recruiting analyst said about only the QB position.   Having Calzada, Ashford and Gariner is enough for us to be fine for a season or two if we don't get a QB in this 2023 that we like.   But we have to get a good one in 2024, not just 'get one'.    I didn't mention Finley because not sure how he figures into our future unless he can find some consistency.  

Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

Need less nerd billionaires and more jock billionaires

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Cook has given $$ to Auburn sports as well as the school. As for NIL we had $1 million for Caleb Williams and around $800,000 for Julian Phillips in basketball. Phillips went to vols for $2 million Bruce didn't want to spend that amount for JP. The vols would have paid even more for JP if they needed to. They were desperate for him

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Nick Eason apparently has been negative recruiting the hell out of us and trying to take Brumbaugh to the woodshed. Look at Osborne and now Faulk. Hopefully Roc, Hars, and Brumbaugh can get in Faulks ear this time before its too late

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

Nick Eason apparently has been negative recruiting the hell out of us and trying to take Brumbaugh to the woodshed. Look at Osborne and now Faulk. Hopefully Roc, Hars, and Brumbaugh can get in Faulks ear this time before its too late

5 minutes ago, au302 said:

I guess Eason would know, or at least could make stuff up to sound believable.  But the question I have. Is Eason negative recruiting against AU or against Harsin. I thought Eason left on good terms

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

I assume he'd be like all of the other school's alumaround the country. It's actually hilarious that Auburn's may not even like football 😂 Either way can't be mad at the players about it