A needed read...

bigbird

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

This is something you keep pushing for whatever reason. You can have your opinion but I don't do anything you don't do as far as stating an opinion. I don't post stuff saying I know more, I post stuff saying I don't know less. There's a difference. If anybody pushes they know more than everyone it's the forum you are a mod on. You guys push that you know more behind a pay wall because you have guys that know more that post it on there. I seriously doubt you follow any of them and keep telling them they feel like they know more than everybody else.

If there's anything I do I guess some would consider bad is I post I told you so's and that's because I get so many insults when I go against the grain that of course I'm going to remind the people that called me stupid or suggested I didn't know what I was talking about what they said.

Once again mods on here and admin just literally did the exact same thing. 

Well, I will admit that it is possible sometimes what I'm calling an implication is merely an inference, not something that was meant to be conveyed. I apologize if you feel called out, because I really didn't mean anything like that. It was more meant to draw your attention to the way you come across.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Also here's the thing, on this very forum I have great relationships with people who don't always agree with me. We have debated and we are still cool with each other. If I really did what you suggested NOBODY on here would be able to stand me. 

Pretty much the majority of people that don't like me on here are the people that get so mad that I'm not afraid to talk about race. I can't think of too many that have actually just talked to me that dislike me. 

But I'm not afraid to be the board villain. I tell people all the time my profession is to challenge the thoughts of some of the smartest people in this country, I'm certainly going to speak my mind and challenge thoughts on a football forum. It's not a big deal. I've only gotten personal with maybe 3 people on here. Maybe less than that

Board villain? No, no my friend. That is reserved for another.

20 minutes ago, cbo said:

Did Greene's firing have to do with race? I don't know. 

What I do know is that it is worth an honest discussion. More than a lot of what is discussed on here. But that's not possible on here because ...

We have a lot of posters who balk anytime race is mentioned. Who think it's impossible that race could be a factor in Alabama in 2022. Who seem to be more passionate about shouting down discussions of race than anything else. With all that's going on in the world, this is their important stance. They are telling on themselves. 

Nobody even read what I said. I literally showed a pattern and said it's starting to be something people are looking at. 

I do think it's telling people cape up to say something is not racist much quicker than they will cape up and denounce something as being racist though. Nobody can even quote a particular time I brought up race and race wasn't part of the conversation.....people treated the great men of our time like that as well though. Dr King, Malcolm X.....it is what it is. My mom was telling me about that a couple of days ago.

She was telling me how people hated Dr King so much back then and how eventually people saw the good in him later in time

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Was he fired? His contract wasn't renewed... How do we know he would sign an extension? Perhaps he wanted out of AU as bad as AU wanted him out.. Rumors had it he was actively interested in other AD jobs

You're right. I shouldn't have used the word "fired." 

From everything I've read, it was clear about a year ago that his contract would not be renewed. Have you ever interviewed for another job while still at your current job? It happens all the time because it is literally the best way to advance in your career. 

He was fired, he resigned, they agreed to part ways, whatever. With everything I said in that post, I'm surprised you think that's the most salient point to make.

5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Well, I will admit that it is possible sometimes what I'm calling an implication is merely an inference, not something that was meant to be conveyed. I apologize if you feel called out, because I really didn't mean anything like that. It was more meant to draw your attention to the way you come across.

Well I don't know how I come across, there's a bunch of people on here that seems to be butt holes you know? 

I wonder how many of you would come across to a majority black discussion board.....luckily that's not something many of you will ever have to think about.I'm just not a follower. I think for myself. I ask questions, I challenge stuff that I don't understand. I force growth either from myself or from others. I can't apologize for that.

I'm literally giving info from a demographic that many of you may not get....I don't see why people would be angry at that

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Was he fired? His contract wasn't renewed... How do we know he would sign an extension? Perhaps he wanted out of AU as bad as AU wanted him out.. Rumors had it he was actively interested in other AD jobs

All those are valid questions. Couldn't we also challenge the lazy, didn't show up, had to have a baby sitter, other people made all of the good decision stuff as well? Why is it the only stuff that make people upset is questioning why he was let go?

• Like 1

Yawn...can we get back to talking about who our next AD is?

Like I said, if Tim Jackson is what it takes to get everyone on the same page and therefore get the money flowing, I may be able to stomach it. Not if they actually want KS, though.

• Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nobody even read what I said. I literally showed a pattern and said it's starting to be something people are looking at. 

I do think it's telling people cape up to say something is not racist much quicker than they will cape up and denounce something as being racist though. Nobody can even quote a particular time I brought up race and race wasn't part of the conversation.....people treated the great men of our time like that as well though. Dr King, Malcolm X.....it is what it is. My mom was telling me about that a couple of days ago.

She was telling me how people hated Dr King so much back then and how eventually people saw the good in him later in time

It's highly unusual for an assistant coach to be fired after 4 games. Maybe there was a good reason, but the reasons provided on this board were laughable. Offsides and all that. 

Some people on here defend against "not racist" like it's their job. Like their life depends on it. Of course it's telling. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Like I said, if Tim Jackson is what it takes to get everyone on the same page and therefore get the money flowing, I may be able to stomach it. Not if they actually want KS, though.

Sorry we have bored you. Please tell us about your scheduling concerns. 

• Like 2

Just now, cbo said:

It's highly unusual for an assistant coach to be fired after 4 games. Maybe there was a good reason, but the reasons provided on this board were laughable. Offsides and all that. 

Some people on here defend against "not racist" like it's their job. Like their life depends on it. Of course it's telling. 

It was weird right? This AD stuff bringing in a guy who is actually the AD but this guy isn't the AD is weird too. Two guys who were said to have impeccable resumes and character turn out to not even do the bare minimum of their jobs....and nobody even questions it and better yet people question why question??? Super weird. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

You should probably go to thread talking about future AD's so you can say the same stuff over and over. But that's just an opinion

• Like 2

Seems mutual. GTFO with all the "elephants in the room". Whole thread was a relief piece that maybe the ADAG thing was just how it works, bestbfor everyone involved. Which appears to be the case. Then the bitch got turned on it's ear.

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well I don't know how I come across, there's a bunch of people on here that seems to be butt holes you know? 

I wonder how many of you would come across to a majority black discussion board.....luckily that's not something many of you will ever have to think about.I'm just not a follower. I think for myself. I ask questions, I challenge stuff that I don't understand. I force growth either from myself or from others. I can't apologize for that.

I'm literally giving info from a demographic that many of you may not get....I don't see why people would be angry at that

I think maybe because you're doing it from the role of the 'other', while at the same time you seem to take on something of a sense of superiority or greater righteousness. The two are not a particularly flattering pair, unless you're making a particular effort to delineate yourself from the masses.

15 minutes ago, AUwent said:

if Tim Jackson is what it takes to get everyone on the same page

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Tim Jackson gets the money people on the same page except for maybe letting everyone know who is in control and who is not.

3 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Tim Jackson gets the money people on the same page except for maybe letting everyone know who is in control and who is not.

I really don't know what/who to believe 🥴

21 minutes ago, AUwent said:

You got the thread rolling back to make a spin for Tim Jackson? Lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

You got the thread rolling back to make a spin for Tim Jackson? Lol.

I'd prefer not. But like I said, I have no idea who/what to believe. IDK how we can have the level of dysfunction that everyone says we have in football when literally none of that is the case for our other sports.

Edited by AUwent
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I think maybe because you're doing it from the role of the 'other', while at the same time you seem to take on something of a sense of superiority or greater righteousness. The two are not a particularly flattering pair, unless you're making a particular effort to delineate yourself from the masses.

Once again this is something you carry with the superior stuff. I could just as easy say that about you and then what?  This is literally like your 4th or 5th time saying that in random convos. I think we've established that's what YOU think. Cool. I think you are pretty arrogant yourself but I don't state that in random threads

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I'd prefer not. But like I said, I have no idea who/what to believe. IDK how we can have the level of dysfunction that everyone says we have in football when literally none of that is the case for our other sports.

Because the other sports aren't important chief. This region is all about football, it is where the most money is spent, other sports on campus can't compare plain and simple. 

25 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Cole can respond for himself, but I have to say this. 

Whether or not you find it "flattering," Cole is the "other" on here. That's not a choice or a role. 

If you don't want to hear from him for the right reasons, consider this. The future of the Auburn football program, the one we are all here spending our time talking about, relies almost completely on young, black men. So isn't is worth considering his opinion on the football program?

By the way, you came across as condescending or has having "something of a sense of superiority" in this very post. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Once again this is something you carry with the superior stuff. I could just as easy say that about you and then what?  This is literally like your 4th or 5th time saying that in random convos. I think we've established that's what YOU think. Cool. I think you are pretty arrogant yourself but I don't state that in random threads

I will apologize for bringing it up repeatedly; while I do somewhat remember having done so, I bring it up when it occurs to me, and my memory is not the greatest in the world when it comes to what I have and haven't said of what I think.

13 minutes ago, cbo said:

Cole can respond for himself, but I have to say this. 

Whether or not you find it "flattering," Cole is the "other" on here. That's not a choice or a role. 

If you don't want to hear from him for the right reasons, consider this. The future of the Auburn football program, the one we are all here spending our time talking about, relies almost completely on young, black men. So isn't is worth considering his opinion on the football program?

By the way, you came across as condescending or has having "something of a sense of superiority" in this very post. 

Being the 'other', by itself, isn't what I was referring to as unflattering, but rather that combined with the perceived sense of superiority. 

However, I didn't mean to convey any kind of superiority of my own, though I willingly remit that I could well have come across that way.

8 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Was he or was he not showing up for work? If he wasn’t, why not? Was not showing up a pattern at his other stops? If so, how was it not vetted during the interview process? If it didn’t occur at his other jobs, why did that behavior only happen at AU? If we’re paying a guy big bucks and he’s not showing up at work, why was he not fired earlier?

Relevant questions for any organization that is serious about performance and accountability. Someone in our administration needs to be asking them and I hope they are. 

You can research how the baseball program was canceled at Buffalo, and the Buffalo head coach found out about it over the Internet and in the newspapers, because Greene didn’t tell him. Buffalo head baseball coaches words, not mine. You can also see where Buffalo ranked in the top 10 worst athletic facilities in the country. So AU Pres Leath, saw the stuff and thought to himself: this is the guy we need at Auburn. No kidding!

That I know of, on two different occasions Greene was talked to about why he wasn’t showing up for work; he said it was Covid, however the rest of the AD support staff was at work. Then by now, we all know Gen Burgess was sent over to babysit the Athletic department, because the job wasn’t getting done. This is not an opinion, or gossip or rumor, these are facts!

Buffalo athletic department being cut, without warning, to include the baseball team:

“It was a shock to everybody,” said Torgalski, the Bulls' head coach since 2007. “There was no warning. Never a discussion about any programs being cut. It caught us all off guard.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2020/07/16/cutting-college-sports-leaves-collateral-damage-changes-lives/5428943002/

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1134227-the-top-10-worst-practice-facilities-in-college-football.amp.html

2. Buffalo Bulls

Another of the smaller stadiums in the country, UB Stadium seats less than 30,000 people.

Buffalo is one of the newer teams to Division 1 college football, and has struggled mightily since joining the FBS level.

They showed some improvements last year and have recently seen some renovations to their practice facilities, but still have a long way to go to be at the same level of most of the other FBS schools.

And the AD that oversaw all of this at Buffalo? Auburn’s A.D. for five years!

• Thanks 1

I keep asking if he was really not coming to work. I don’t know what happened. I know it’s been rumor here for a year or two that he’s not going to be here long. He has interviewed for other jobs. You don’t get to the level he is if you are lazy or a slacker. If he stopped coming to work he basically either quit or was being worked around. I don’t know any high achievers under 70 that quit going to work ( more than a couple weeks)because of the pandemic. People keep talking as if he was wrongfully fired. In actuality it seems he quit, a while ago. I don’t have any idea how his race has anything to do with it. He was already black when he was hired. We need to leave that alone. 

8 hours ago, AUwent said:

Tim Jackson is the epitome of good ole boy. So no you should not spin that to a positive. 

Edited by DAG
  • Love 1