Where do we go from here?

tbone4jc

2 minutes ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

Well if the legendary Urban Meyer said it, it must be true

He is indeed a legend at the college ranks. I say Urban prove his own hypothesis however. Get over here UM.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Bill O'Brian.

Literally saved Penn State from the death penalty, NFL experience, and current student of the Nick Saban Rehabilitation School For Coaches Who Can't Coach Good & Also Want To Do Other Things Good Too

Nononononononononono.

10 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

If an A1 coaching candidate *thinks* that, he probably isn’t alone. 

We are definitely a top coaching job ($$$), not denying that. But top 5? With the current state of things? I disagree. There's several programs with comparable buying power that have less baggage. At this point Meyer is just a talking head that spews hot takes out of his ass like the rest of them. 

1 minute ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

We are definitely a top coaching job ($$$), not denying that. But top 5? With the current state of things? I disagree. There's several programs with comparable buying power that have less baggage. At this point Meyer is just a talking head that spews hot takes out of his ass like the rest of them. 

Sure. But top 10 is understandable. If you have a top 10 job you can get just about anybody you want.

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Sure. But top 10 is understandable. If you have a top 10 job you can get just about anybody you want.

Yeah, fringe top 10, because big buyouts are desirable. Gives prospective coaches nothing to lose.

4 minutes ago, beagle34 said:

The solution to AUs problems is running more stadium steps.Running those steps should be the focus of the program. Clearly ,the winning edge!

Nono it's doing that plus getting hard or something like that. 😒

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is indeed a legend at the college ranks. I say Urban prove his own hypothesis however. Get over here UM.

College football is a sleazy business and Auburn is right there with everyone else no matter what we like to think and say sometimes. Having said that Meyer and Petrino are both such awful people I really don’t want either of those guys near Auburn as HC

10 minutes ago, beagle34 said:

The solution to AUs problems is running more stadium steps.Running those steps should be the focus of the program. Clearly ,the winning edge!

Only if the coach is out there running them too though

• Like 1

Just now, fredst said:

College football is a sleazy business and Auburn is right there with everyone else no matter what we like to think and say sometimes. Having said that Meyer and Petrino are both such awful people I really don’t want either of those guys near Auburn as HC

Winning cures all my friend

• Like 2

remember this idiotic denigrative horse(…) people were saying around the web? That some random guy who’s never coached against an offense 1/10th as good as Alabama had to be the one who made last year’s miracle happen, and NOT the sitting defensive coordinator???

I don’t want to make a thread for this, but there was some people on here who also thought this random spud could just maintain what one of the best defensive minds in the sport did. It is still mind boggling

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

remember this idiotic denigrative horse(…) people were saying around the web? That some random guy who’s never coached against an offense 1/10th as good as Alabama had to be the one who made last year’s miracle happen, and NOT the sitting defensive coordinator???

I don’t want to make a thread for this, but there was some people on here who also thought this random spud could just maintain what one of the best defensive minds in the sport did. It is still mind boggling

Shows the power of denial. This theory didn’t exist until after Mason left us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

How does he recruit? Does he have any SEC experience?

He is a program rebuilder. Both at Baylor and Temple. I believe he would hire the rightful people needed to be successful and recruit. He plays a high octane pace of football too. I just don't think it transitioned well to the NFL. He gave Joe Brady a chance at OC at the NFL level which blew up I'm his face.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Bill O'Brian.

Literally saved Penn State from the death penalty, NFL experience, and current student of the Nick Saban Rehabilitation School For Coaches Who Can't Coach Good & Also Want To Do Other Things Good Too

Alabama’s offense is schematically it’s worse since at least 2015, during his span. That’d be a pretty underwhelming get as far as offensive minds go 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Don’t confuse the incompetence of those AD regimes with the appeal of the Auburn job.

You’re crazy if you think we aren’t a top tier job. By every measure, we are. A couple years ago on a Fox pregame, Urban Meyer literally called us a “top 5” or “top 10” job.

Call me crazy then. I’ll call you delusional if you think is a top 15 team right now. They are not even in the top tier in the SEC. They are behind GA, UAT, LSU, A&M, FLA and-you could make the case for ARK right now. This program is and has been very avg with extraordinary season peppered in from time to time. I won’t mention, yes I will, Texas and Oklahoma being above Auburn so we fall even further down the food chain in the SEC. I would mention OOC teams that are above Auburn but I don’t want you to have a mental breakdown because of too much factual information at one time. One of them just smoked us at home and the are considered the 3rd bestteam in the BIG 10. 2 conferences and that’s 11 we are behind…Name a top 15 program that is picked to finish 13th, out of 14, and likely will finish there, in their respective conference? I love Auburn and have since 1989 but I am a realist that hopes for the best. Reality sucks but it is what it is. Answer me this, 2 years removed from a NC win, how come we end up with CGM instead of a top tier coach? Auburn was at its highest point, maybe ever but chose coach who is a high school phenom and at Ark St? Come on man!!! 

Edited by tbone4jc
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

Bill O'Brian.

The Bama fans would love that, hell they would probably pay his first 3 years of salary for us to take him. 

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Don’t confuse the incompetence of those AD regimes with the appeal of the Auburn job.

You’re crazy if you think we aren’t a top tier job. By every measure, we are. A couple years ago on a Fox pregame, Urban Meyer literally called us a “top 5” or “top 10” job.

Also, the incompetent AD’s offered Smart and Venerables the job but they both said no thanks. Wonder why?