Poll, Who do you want to see replace CBH

bishoptf

Who do you want to see replace CBH  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see replace CBH (your pick not who you think Auburn will choose)

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well @Malcolm_FleX48 had a detailed post about Deion that is worth reading. Of course the moderator who cannot stand Deion locked it up. 

Yeah, what's up with that? It was a good read and would have been a discussion point. IMO it was a different thread from the who do u want the coach to be poll.. Quick trigger on the lockup IMO...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

I don’t care who the coach is! Can we at least get beer sales in the stadium???

Watery Natty Light at 12.50 a cup....

ddog.gif

I want Eric Bienemy or Byron Leftwhich but I don't think they would fly with this JABA crowd because all they coach in is the lesser league and don't come from the high school ranks.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well @Malcolm_FleX48 had a detailed post about Deion that is worth reading. Of course the moderator who cannot stand Deion locked it up. 

An entire separate thread was allowed about Kiffin, and the Deion post wasn't even merged here for people to see.

• Like 3

I GOTCHU

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah, what's up with that? It was a good read and would have been a discussion point. IMO it was a different thread from the who do u want the coach to be poll.. Quick trigger on the lockup IMO...

1 hour ago, tsande07 said:

An entire separate thread was allowed about Kiffin, and the Deion post wasn't even merged here for people to see.

-------------------------------

CLOSED TOPIC REPOST

So....

In lieu of what we've come to know as the regular Harsin 4Q collapse, I'm thinking of coaching candidates and I think that Auburn needs to do something RADICAL.

Yes, the traditional Auburn needs to make a move that will shake up the SEC and also probably the fan conversation around the conference.

Bring in Deion Sanders. 

I don't think the board realizes what they'll have the potential to do. This could be bringing back the AU to its former glory and relevance on the national stage. Enough with the stodgy Auburn traditionalism. As you can tell, that was thrown away a long time ago and the Board and leadership instead wear its corpse like some ill-fitting skin suit. Harsin is as far from AU Family as it gets yet he was brought in so I think its fair to say that's gone. The board would have to make a sacrifice and give possibly a sickeningly exorbitant contract & level of control but it would be worth it with all the bells and whistles you get.

Recruiting Deion will:

• Bring in much-needed fan support as Deion brings with him a LOT of die-hard supporters from the SWAC and black football enthusiasts who happen to also have their own team, a lot of them casually fallen in with Bama because Bama has been on top for so long, not out of any association. While this may be seen as a negative, it actually provides a monetary and marketing boost to Auburn by bolstering numbers and metrics.

• Deion can recruit by virtue of his name. 
    • If you want to become DBU once more, you'll see what having Deion in the SEC can do. He'd easily drag in all the top corner, nickel, safety, super-safety, rover, etc talent. Players want to play for a coach who can develop them, but they also don't want to have to risk their experience and development by playing in a conference like the SWAC where the support from the fans is nominal, the facilities are middling, and the academic support usually lags behind due to the employees having fallen into a state of malaise.
    • Deion would bring his Son, who if developed properly could be a legitimate Heisman contender.
  • The path to prominence would already be there as there are massive parallels with Saban and Sanders as is. Both are featured together constantly and with them doing an Allstate commercial series together, the automatic dichotomy makes the pairing more enticing for media types which places another level of marketing Hype onto Auburn.
    • Sanders also talks about being overlooked because of existing as an HBCU and if you don't think that annoys him, you're delusional. While he'd like to bring the SWAC and HBCUs to prominence, the path to doing so may not ever be there as fan support is entirely different there.
      • Every SWAC fan has a "Real Team" they support in tandem with their "Black Team"
    • He could possibly want to for a lot of the players who came to the SWAC as recruits but may be getting overlooked because of the competition they're playing against.
  • With Saban getting up there, the transfer portal, and growing SEC, now represents a time for Deion to get a head start on becoming the NEW top dog of this new super conference. 

I'm thinking that if these are pitched properly and the Board, faced with the slide into obscurity, will get out of its own way, then we can land Deion. And if you watch the Undisputed clip and review the games, you can tell Deion is a good HC. He just needs to bring some good coordinators and position coaches and the results may be magic. 

Edited by Malcolm_FleX48
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Some question Kiffin as a recruiter.. Didn't he recruit well his short time at Tenn? I know he pushed the envelope some.. As someone else posted, gotta include his mgmt of the portal, which he has done great with. He also got  Freshman RN that AU didn't want (Judkins) and is turning him into a star

Deion is my Numero Uno... but Kiffin has overtook Freeze as my number 2. 

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

but Kiffin has overtook Freeze as my number

The thing about Kiffin is he does the same analytics as Harsin on 4th down.  He lost to Harsin last year doing that and could have easily lost to UK this past weekend going on for it on 4th down and not taking the points.

Do we want that?  If it works great, but man, if we don’t have the horses its a bad situation.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The thing about Kiffin is he does the same analytics as Harsin on 4th down.  He lost to Harsin last year doing that and could have easily lost to UK this past weekend going on for it on 4th down and not taking the points.

Do we want that?  If it works great, but man, if we don’t have the horses its a bad situation.

Good point. But does his QB development and playing calling make up for it? Hard to say

• Like 1

Can we stop acting like the 4th and 10 call lost us this game? We missed a field goal. Ashford, as well as he played, has an issue with keeping the ball secure (especially during ball exchange (fake or not)) Our trick play that our guy should've just thrown the ball away or even took the loss. Our punt returner who has been slightly risky all season also muffs a punt during a crucial point of the game - although we did get the ball right back.

Ashford needs to be practicing his read option handoff all week.. and he also needs to practice throwing the ball away and not running out of bounds for a 5 yard loss.

Ultimately, yes, this also falls back on coaching. But these crucial mistakes by the PLAYER is what really hurt us. 

I know this is not a popular opinion on the game.. and I am not taking up for Harsin... but damn at what point does the player take responsibility for fumbling, throwing an INT, muffing a punt, or missing a field goal?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

I GOTCHU

CLOSED TOPIC REPOST

So....

In lieu of what we've come to know as the regular Harsin 4Q collapse, I'm thinking of coaching candidates and I think that Auburn needs to do something RADICAL.

Yes, the traditional Auburn needs to make a move that will shake up the SEC and also probably the fan conversation around the conference.

Bring in Deion Sanders. 

I don't think the board realizes what they'll have the potential to do. This could be bringing back the AU to its former glory and relevance on the national stage. Enough with the stodgy Auburn traditionalism. As you can tell, that was thrown away a long time ago and the Board and leadership instead wear its corpse like some ill-fitting skin suit. Harsin is as far from AU Family as it gets yet he was brought in so I think its fair to say that's gone. The board would have to make a sacrifice and give possibly a sickeningly exorbitant contract & level of control but it would be worth it with all the bells and whistles you get.

Recruiting Deion will:

• Bring in much-needed fan support as Deion brings with him a LOT of die-hard supporters from the SWAC and black football enthusiasts who happen to also have their own team, a lot of them casually fallen in with Bama because Bama has been on top for so long, not out of any association. While this may be seen as a negative, it actually provides a monetary and marketing boost to Auburn by bolstering numbers and metrics.

• Deion can recruit by virtue of his name. 
    • If you want to become DBU once more, you'll see what having Deion in the SEC can do. He'd easily drag in all the top corner, nickel, safety, super-safety, rover, etc talent. Players want to play for a coach who can develop them, but they also don't want to have to risk their experience and development by playing in a conference like the SWAC where the support from the fans is nominal, the facilities are middling, and the academic support usually lags behind due to the employees having fallen into a state of malaise.
    • Deion would bring his Son, who if developed properly could be a legitimate Heisman contender.
  • The path to prominence would already be there as there are massive parallels with Saban and Sanders as is. Both are featured together constantly and with them doing an Allstate commercial series together, the automatic dichotomy makes the pairing more enticing for media types which places another level of marketing Hype onto Auburn.
    • Sanders also talks about being overlooked because of existing as an HBCU and if you don't think that annoys him, you're delusional. While he'd like to bring the SWAC and HBCUs to prominence, the path to doing so may not ever be there as fan support is entirely different there.
      • Every SWAC fan has a "Real Team" they support in tandem with their "Black Team"
    • He could possibly want to for a lot of the players who came to the SWAC as recruits but may be getting overlooked because of the competition they're playing against.
  • With Saban getting up there, the transfer portal, and growing SEC, now represents a time for Deion to get a head start on becoming the NEW top dog of this new super conference. 

I'm thinking that if these are pitched properly and the Board, faced with the slide into obscurity, will get out of its own way, then we can land Deion. And if you watch the Undisputed clip and review the games, you can tell Deion is a good HC. He just needs to bring some good coordinators and position coaches and the results may be magic. 

I'd love Deion. However, I've heard some on the board are hesitant having someone who's name is larger than Auburn's.

Hiring Deion would benefit both parties.  Auburn needs some good PR.

That said, Grimes or Deion would be great. I'd love either 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Ryan Sanders said:

Can we stop acting like the 4th and 10 call lost us this game? We missed a field goal. Ashford, as well as he played, has an issue with keeping the ball secure (especially during ball exchange (fake or not)) Our trick play that our guy should've just thrown the ball away or even took the loss. Our punt returner who has been slightly risky all season also muffs a punt during a crucial point of the game - although we did get the ball right back.

Ashford needs to be practicing his read option handoff all week.. and he also needs to practice throwing the ball away and not running out of bounds for a 5 yard loss.

Ultimately, yes, this also falls back on coaching. But these crucial mistakes by the PLAYER is what really hurt us. 

I know this is not a popular opinion on the game.. and I am not taking up for Harsin... but damn at what point does the player take responsibility for fumbling, throwing an INT, muffing a punt, or missing a field goal?

Yes, the players did make some mistakes, but those mistakes in the 2nd half did not lead to points for LSU.  The only points LSU got in the 2nd half was a direct result of the decision to go for it on a 4th and 10 and failed.

This loss was on Harsin’s decision making.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd love Deion. However, I've heard some on the board are hesitant having someone who's name is larger than Auburn's.

That's just sad. Deion's name isn't bigger than Auburn's any more than Bo's, Cam's, or Barkley's is. Is Saban's name bigger than UA? All these people are great for their schools, regardless. 

Sounds like some petty, ego stuff from the board. 

16 minutes ago, Ryan Sanders said:

Our trick play that our guy should've just thrown the ball away 

Just so you will know, had he done that it would have been a penalty and loss of down.  Only the person who took the snap can throw the ball away without penalty (unless it was deemed to be intentional grounding).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Just so you will know, had he done that it would have been a penalty and loss of down.  Only the person who took the snap can throw the ball away without penalty (unless it was deemed to be intentional grounding).

Which still would have been better than a turn over, at least we would have the ball.  Of course, Harsin would have gone for it on 4th down if it got to that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ryan Sanders said:

Tons of mistakes made by different players every single game. Trick plays that don't work, called at strange times, for 2 years now. Collapsing in the 2nd half almost every single game. 

That's how you know it's coaching and not the players. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ryan Sanders said:

All those are physical mistakes and yes they hurt us. But u don't expect a head coach to make a mind numbing mental mistake, especially after he burned a time out to think about it.

Good write-up @Malcolm_FleX48   

I say bring him on. Auburn needs someone who can bring in the recruits on a steady basis.  Also, the optics of hiring him would be great and much needed. 

If some board members are against him because his name would be bigger than Auburn’s name, those board members should be fired. There is something seriously wrong with thinking that…and I will not comment further…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

So is there any consensus on who the board wants? I assume 🧊

Also, if we are unique in booster infighting like our fans and the media make us out to be, why? Just doesn’t make sense.

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

So is there any consensus on who the board wants? I assume 🧊

Also, if we are unique in booster infighting like our fans and the media make us out to be, why? Just doesn’t make sense.

Hard no on Freeze. There will be no "consensus" on him. Thanks.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2022 at 1:18 PM, Carnell said:

I want Eric Bienemy or Byron Leftwhich but I don't think they would fly with this JABA crowd because all they coach in is the lesser league and don't come from the high school ranks.

They ain’t coming to CFB. They both interviewed several times for NFL b4 this season started.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

SMH, always about the ego's...and we see where that has gotten us, lol. :)

7 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

SMH, always about the ego's...and we see where that has gotten us, lol. :)

I think it's more about making sure they're finding the right fit.  To them, that's an important criterion. It's also not saying no to Deion, they're just being cautious. That's prudent.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think it's more about making sure they're finding the right fit.  To them, that's an important criterion. It's also not saying no to Deion, they're just being cautious. That's prudent.

First off hope your recovering from your surgery and doing better. Yeah I get it but I also know that sometimes have to try something different, I guess you could say that they did with Harsin and we see where that got us. I just like a lot of the intangibles that PrimeTime could bring to our program, a lot of excitement from the students and players, I just think we could use a lot of that right now.... :) 

Edited by bishoptf
  • Love 1