Poll, Who do you want to see replace CBH

bishoptf

Who do you want to see replace CBH  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see replace CBH (your pick not who you think Auburn will choose)

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, it sounds like Prime’s out of it. I voted for Grimes but with Nebraska supposedly throwing the kitchen sink at Aranda, if they got him Grimes would instantly be off limits. So, PUT A FULL COURT PRESS on Todd Monken and Dell! GT certainly will.

Ultimately if Hartwell is the AD that (further) leads me to believe that it will be Freeze.

😂

23 hours ago, cbo said:

What have we learned from this poll?

There are 6 crazy people on this board. 

Lol that made me laugh, and not sure if everyone knows I made the poll where if you click on the number icon at the end of each option you can see who voted for each option... :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bishoptf said:

Lol that made me laugh, and not sure if everyone knows I made the poll where if you click on the number icon at the end of each option you can see who voted for each option... :)

Now this is helpful information. 

29 minutes ago, cbo said:

Now this is helpful information. 

Yup this way it's semi on record and in the end we can go back and see who picked the winner or we could all be wrong...but at least this way we know for each selection who voted...:)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Yup this way it's semi on record and in the end we can go back and see who picked the winner or we could all be wrong...but at least this way we know for each selection who voted...:)

I wouldn't be shocked if we were all wrong. I don't remember anyone naming Harsin last time and lots of names were thrown around.

11 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I’d love to hear a rebuttal—A I’d like to be wrong that this scenario doesn’t happen!

I don't get the fascination with Dell and Monken. 

1 hour ago, cbo said:

I don't get the fascination with Dell and Monken. 

Simple. Recruiting in the state of Georgia is CRITICAL to our program.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Simple. Recruiting in the state of Georgia is CRITICAL to our program.

That's a fair point. But to me it seems similar to the clamoring for Saban assistants at the beginning of his success. Most of them didn't work out as HC's. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I’d love to hear a rebuttal—A I’d like to be wrong that this scenario doesn’t happen!

I don't have one it just made me chuckle because JABA. 😂  

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Let's just face it guys it's gonna be somebody that none of us are talking about or who we really don't want and we will all collectively scream JABA then we will be doing this again in 3-5 years. 🙄

Well, this is why I want us to put the full court press on Monken and Dell. Because I think they would take us over GT if we gave equal effort. 

The minimum of what I would take would be Freeze or TWill, both of whom would definitely come. And I would still definitely take them over Steele, Lashlee, et al.

Edited by AUwent
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Let's just face it guys it's gonna be somebody that none of us are talking about or who we really don't want and we will all collectively scream JABA then we will be doing this again in 3-5 years. 🙄

This is what I keep thinking about. Some random name, like last time. Who, I admit, seemed like a good hire to me once I read about him. 

Give us a name to be excited about for once. It can't be that hard. We are not Vandy. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Well, this is why I want us to put the full court press on Monken and Dell. Because I think they would take us over GT if we gave equal effort. 

The minimum of what I would take would be Freeze or TWill, both of whom would definitely come. And I would still definitely take them over Steele, Lashlee, et al.

Please I hope no one is really thinking about Lashlee, maybe he eventually becomes some great coach but with Gus not to far removed I'd just rather we not do that...I really hope they do not wait till after the season to start things since I really think it will hurt recruiting, I guess we will see how it plays out

• Like 1

Are all the claims of "Deion is a great recruiter" based off anything quantifiable?  I know of the one 4 or 5 star guy picking them but are there others?  Has he pulled a lot of these guys every year or is this all just rumor and celeb hype talking?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Are all the claims of "Deion is a great recruiter" based off anything quantifiable?  I know of the one 4 or 5 star guy picking them but are there others?  Has he pulled a lot of these guys every year or is this all just rumor and celeb hype talking?  

How often does a 5 star guy pick an HBCU (without any troubles or issues?) 

That is not something to just glance over but yes, he has consistently been able to get higher quality talent in comparison to swac standards since he has gotten there. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I think he has only been involved in 2 recruiting cycles not counting 2023 so not much evidence to support although he has pulled some good players in 2022 cycle.

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think he has only been involved in 2 recruiting cycles not counting 2023 so not much evidence to support although he has pulled some good players in 2022 cycle.

He has been pulling people since he got there, multiple years. Multiple four star guys and I am not solely just talking transfers. JSU has been in the top 100 overall rankings  based on 247 since he got there. They weren’t even in top 200 prior 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

He has been pulling people since he got there, multiple years. Multiple four star guys and I am not solely just talking transfers. JSU has been in the top 100 overall rankings  based on 247 since he got there. They weren’t even in top 200 prior 

True, info I saw said he came in sept. 2020 so I figured he only had 2021/22 cycles. I was just giving correct context to how long he has been recruiting. But definitely successful in those 2cycles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Oh no don’t ask questions. Just agree with the Deion fans. 

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

On 9/24/2022 at 10:54 PM, TitanTiger said:

I do think the current president is more in sync with the key players and who he'll hire as an AD to make Auburn "better aligned." And I think some hard lessons were learned by some of those money guys with this Harsin debacle and who we missed out on as a result.

I am hoping that this time they get it right for AD and HC. Just hoping.

6 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Lets put it this way, he would do WAAAAAY better than our current staff, not a high bar to live up to, lol.  But seriously, I think he connects with the kids and I think he would do well recruiting, if he surrounds himself with good coordinators he could do well, but hard to say. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

"Multiple years" = Two years. 2021 cycle and 2022 cycle.

"Since he got there" = Two years. 2021 cycle and 2022 cycle.

Yes, his recruiting is unheard of in an FCS school. I will not deny that. He signed and enrolled eight rated players, five 4-stars (one of which was one of his sons), and three 3-stars in the 2021 cycle. He had the #1 overall recruit in the 2022 cycle, along with a 4-star and 3-star prospect who signed and enrolled.

And Sanders has done extremely well in the portal.

That said, Sanders has had a fair number of signees who did not ultimately end up at JSU, comparing 247's list to JSU's  2022 roster.

Sanders has also leveraged NIL. Sanders was well ahead of other coaches and schools on NIL. It makes sense, because Sanders played professional (minor league) baseball while he also played collegiate football at Florida State. At that time FSU was independent, and had no rules against being a professional in one sport while maintaining amateur status in another. Sanders knows what it is like to make money while being a collegiate athlete. NIL is how Sanders landed the #1 recruit in the country, Travis Hunter. But look at the NIL deals Hunter has gotten. It is very tied to the HBCUs. One big NIL deal is with Greenwood, an online financial services company founded by two Howard grads, businessman Ryan Glover and Ambassador Andrew Young, and one former Morehouse student, rapper Killer Mike. Another is with Michael Strahan, Good Morning America's cohost, former NFL star, and former HBCU football star. Strahan has his own clothing line. These NIL deals are extremely impressive. This is not manufactured collective stuff, these are real product endorsements.

I expect these very unique, HBCU centric and Black owned business centric NIL deals will expand to other HBCUs.

But, these very unique, HBCU centric and Black owned business centric NIL deals will not translate well outside of the HBCU space.

Sanders is operating in a very unique niche, one that was (pardon the pun), prime for disruption. HBCUs athletic departments have been neglected for years. It is why the SWAC and the MEAC champions play in the Celebration Bowl instead of possibly participating in the FCS playoffs. Sanders and others are trying to elevate HBCU athletics. They want to once again become a destination for top prospects the way Grambling was in the 1960s. And many successful HBCU graduates would like the same.

Sanders has a vision at JSU, and the larger HBCU community, and is executing on it. This vision didn't exist prior to Sanders. What would Sanders vision be for a Power 5 program? Or does a Power 5 coach simply have to execute the existing vision of wealthy alumni?

And this is why I see significant risk for Sanders in the Power 5. He can build a staff. He can inspire players. He can gameday coach. Can he develop talent? Can his ability to attract a handful of 4-star players and one 5-star to an HBCU translate to the ability attract two or three 5-stars and as many as 20 4-stars a year every year to a Power 5 school? Because that is what a top-5 recruiting class looks like now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, meh130 said:

But, these very unique, HBCU centric and Black owned business centric NIL deals will not translate well outside of the HBCU space.

The fact that this is a major reason why you think he won’t find success here is ridiculous. Not only is it an assertion at best. It is not based on any real data. 

A lot of the other stuff you posted in this response is exactly why I think he would be extremely successful at this level. What you posted as a cry against Sanders seemingly supports the potential he would have has a respected black male figure, leading a SEC program.

• Like 2

If we beat to lsu, this and the related threads I predict will add 4 pages total by Monday. If we lose: 127

Edited by auburnatl1