Poll, Who do you want to see replace CBH

bishoptf

Who do you want to see replace CBH  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see replace CBH (your pick not who you think Auburn will choose)

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

In this day of recruiting, can Stoops get talent he's never gotten at Kentucky?

That's a fair point. It's why I would prefer Freeze, personally, with Grimes as my second choice.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Oh gosh…

You don't think we have reached out to coaches to see interest? We have and Grimes is on that list I'm 100% sure. The only thing is if Aranda is hired by Nebraska we might not be able to get him but we shall see. 

I'm all for Grimes he is my #2 behind Sanders and if we got either one my excitement level would be higher then it's ever been for Auburn football and that's saying something. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Sauce? From what I can tell they still love the guy.

Countless GA fans on recruiting forms

18 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

How will Stoops be when UT and FL reemerge?  UK has done great while those two have been down. 

I’m just not sold on Stoops. 

Agree with this.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

You don't think we have reached out to coaches to see interest? We have and Grimes is on that list I'm 100% sure. The only thing is if Aranda is hired by Nebraska we might not be able to get him but we shall see. 

I'm all for Grimes he is my #2 behind Sanders and if we got either one my excitement level would be higher then it's ever been for Auburn football and that's saying something. 

Of course I do. I am just not head over for him but he could work 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Stoops seems like the hire ppl will laud and then he'll just be a dud.  I know he's done great for Kentucky.  But will he elevate coming to Auburn?  Tubs was great for Ole Miss, then elevated and did well for us.

In this day of recruiting, can Stoops get talent he's never gotten at Kentucky?

You expressed that much better than me. I feel like those types seem to be duds or not live up to expectations . Most recently I am thinking of James Franklin 

Just now, autiger88 said:

What's your reservations about him? 

No head coaching experience. I know he has been credited with lots of player development. He apparently runs an high octane offense but that was in the south west and mountain west. 

With that being said, the pro is he is an Auburn guy. He has vary experiences. He knows the important of the offensive line and he will unify the forces behind the scene. 

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

No head coaching experience. I know he has been credited with lots of player development. He apparently runs an high octane offense but that was in the south west and mountain west. 

With that being said, the pro is he is an Auburn guy. He has vary experiences. He knows the important of the offensive line and he will unify the forces behind the scene. 

I get that but like Deion he is heavy in the coaching circles so I think he would get those great assistance around him, plus he has been under some good coaches so I'm sure he would fit in nicely at Auburn. 

On the other hand he could come in a fall flat on his face( no I don't think that would happen) so who knows lol 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, DAG said:

You expressed that much better than me. I feel like those types seem to be duds or not live up to expectations . Most recently I am thinking of James Franklin 

Franklin is a great recruiter and awful coach.  Very similar to Cristobal.  Both seem to always under perform their class rankings.

That said, I'd probably take both

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I get that but like Deion he is heavy in the coaching circles so I think he would get those great assistance around him, plus he has been under some good coaches so I'm sure he would fit in nicely at Auburn. 

On the other hand he could come in a fall flat on his face( no I don't think that would happen) so who knows lol 

How exactly is Deion heavy in coaching circles?  Does he have some amazing staff at JSU?

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

How exactly is Deion heavy in coaching circles?  Does he have some amazing staff at JSU?

https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/tim-brewster/229

There is his staff for 2022 his DC is from the NFL ranks. 

Do you really not think Deion knows a whole lot of coaches? 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/tim-brewster/229

There is his staff for 2022 his DC is from the NFL ranks. 

Do you really not think Deion knows a whole lot of coaches? 

There is a difference between knowing coaches and being heavy in the coaching cirlces.  His DC was also fired from all his DC positions in the NFL and was working for the Memphis Express.

If we hired Dennis Thurman as our DC...from the Memphis Express, we'd all lose our collective s***  

• Haha 1

And this isn't me bashing Deion.  He'd be high in the 2nd tier of guys on my board, after actual HCs in the SEC/P5.  If interviewing him I'd love to know the staff he wants to bring here.  We can obviously pay better than JSU and will have a different pool of coaches. 

• Like 1

Just to clarify, was there any sort of no-hire against Freeze? Saban wanted him a few years back but couldn’t. Us and TN could’ve otherwise hired him two years ago but didn’t. Hopefully someone can enlighten me and that situation has changed if so.

25 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

There is a difference between knowing coaches and being heavy in the coaching cirlces.  His DC was also fired from all his DC positions in the NFL and was working for the Memphis Express.

If we hired Dennis Thurman as our DC...from the Memphis Express, we'd all lose our collective s***  

Ok and some people want Matt as the HC who is about to be fired from the Panthers, Just because you are fired from the NFL doesn't mean you won't work out in College. 🤷

I don't know Deion personally like apparently you think I do but I'm still 100% sure he knows people in the coaching circles if he didn't well that's another talk for later.  

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Ok and?

I don't know Deion personally like apparently you think I do but I'm still 100% sure he knows people in the coaching circles if he didn't well that's another talk for later. 

You are taking this way to seriously dude.  😂

Okay, deflect & move

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Okay, deflect & move

How am I deflecting? It's not like I know who he knows personally damn dude. 😂

I'm just going by the fact he is Deion Sanders you know a great NFL hall of famer along with College football hall of Famer and if that doesn't prove that he knows people well I guess you are just trying to find something to argue about. 🤷

Edited by autiger88

What do yall think of Mike Elko? He's the current HC at Duke and former DC at Texas A&M and Notre Dame. 

He doesn't have much of a track record as HC and I don't know much about him, but have heard his name come up a few times on podcasts as an up& coming HC & good defensive recruiter.

https://247sports.com/Coach/Mike-Elko-1055/AllTimeRecruits/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Elko

https://theathletic.com/3442219/2022/07/22/duke-football-recruiting-mike-elko/

15 hours ago, AUwent said:

@Mikey:  I see I have converted another. :)

Well, Dell McGee is a solid choice. I wouldn't say "converted" because I really don't have a true preferred choice. What I do know is that most schools at our level go through four to five head coaches before they find one they are happy with. I just hope we get lucky and only have to go through two. May the next one we get, whoever he is, stick like glue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Well, Dell McGee is a solid choice. I wouldn't say "converted" because I really don't have a true preferred choice. What I do know is that most schools at our level go through four to five head coaches before they find one they are happy with. I just hope we get lucky and only have to go through two. May the next one we get, whoever he is, stick like glue.

I’d try to find where exactly Buttsniffer fans are suddenly ready to see him gone but that would require going through their recruiting forums which would be too depressing.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

I think its interesting that out of all the potential candidates listed there really is no one preferred candidate. Kiffin is leading but its not by a large margin, will be interesting to see how it plays out.