How is recruiting impacted if hars is fired? podcast

aubiefifty

• Thanks 1

It's starting to look like firing Harsin will help Auburn's recruiting. Sad but true. Even a rumor of an impending coaching change is getting AU more interest from recruits.

• Like 4

I would think any young recruit would look at our team now and see how inept our coaching staff under Harsin obviously is. And they also see the names being discussed as our next coach and see AU as a positive situation for their future,,especially OLinemen seeing how many departures we will have.

The recruits know we will have a new coach. Any are now open to looking at us again. Fired now or after the IB, it won't matter to recruiting.  The off field and coaches still working are killing themselves right now in recruiting.  They should be praised every chance we get for what they're doing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

The recruits know we will have a new coach. Any are now open to looking at us again. Fired now or after the IB, it won't matter to recruiting.  The off field and coaches still working are killing themselves right now in recruiting.  They should be praised every chance we get for what they're doing.

Don't you think that it is imperative that we are waiting to name our new head coach the second the IB is over, if not sooner due to ESD being less than a month after the IB??

39 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Don't you think that it is imperative that we are waiting to name our new head coach the second the IB is over, if not sooner due to ESD being less than a month after the IB??

It depends on who it is. Unless we are going to name a HC that is currently unemployed, we are almost certainly going to wait until the end of the season to name our new one. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

It depends on who it is. Unless we are going to name a HC that is currently unemployed, we are almost certainly going to wait until the end of the season to name our new one. 

I agree. That's why I said as soon as the IB is over. That will be our season... We got to win 3 note games to make a bowl. I don't see that happening...We definitely can't wait til bowl season ends; it will be too late for recruiting the big time recruits then.. We can look forward to another losing season after that for sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Actually lost 1 recruit.

I think he means we'll finish much better than we would have if Harsin had stayed on. I also believe that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think he means we'll finish much better than we would have if Harsin had stayed on. I also believe that.

We will be better..  As the old folks used to say...."you can't fall off the floor".

• Like 1