Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WarEagleSteve

My name is Steve (as you might imagine) and I graduated from Auburn in 2011. I'm from Enterprise, AL but am stationed in upstate New York (Active Duty Army).

• 2 months later...

I'm Chris.

Born and raised in Guntersville Al.

State Licensed thru Auburn's Department of Horticulture.

Fan since birth 30 years ago.

WAR EAGLE

My name is Gerry...Been a lurker for about 18 months before I got the nerve to join and start posting... I've been a fan since I stepped out of the family van onto the parking lot up on the hill of Dorm J when we were moving my older sister in (1984). I was 12 at the time and lived in Ohio. I'd never heard of Auburn before but as soon as I stepped out of the van, I had a feeling of warmth and family. It felt like home. Nothing was going to stop me from coming to Auburn. I may have taken a long way to get there but I did and graduated in '96. I met my husband there and we currently live in Decatur, AL. I have two children (ages 8 and 5) and they had there first Auburn experience this past A-Day. They loved it!!

My name is Gerry...Been a lurker for about 18 months before I got the nerve to join and start posting... I've been a fan since I stepped out of the family van onto the parking lot up on the hill of Dorm J when we were moving my older sister in (1984). I was 12 at the time and lived in Ohio. I'd never heard of Auburn before but as soon as I stepped out of the van, I had a feeling of warmth and family. It felt like home. Nothing was going to stop me from coming to Auburn. I may have taken a long way to get there but I did and graduated in '96. I met my husband there and we currently live in Decatur, AL. I have two children (ages 8 and 5) and they had there first Auburn experience this past A-Day. They loved it!!

That's what Auburn is all about Gerry, family. War Eagle and welcome to AUF!

My name is Brian. Been an Auburn fan my whole life and was fortunate enough to graduate from that great institution in 07. Before that I served in the U.S. Coast Guard and now I reside in Charleston, SC. I've been around this site since the old Auburn Eagle days and it's been a pleasure to talk Auburn sports with you guys.War Eagle!

Bout time Brian. Use to live in Goose Creek...played many great golf courses there

haha better late than never right. I live over in Mt. Pleasant but work near Goose Creek. Haven't had a chance to get on the golf courses yet but I am love all the history here in Charleston. From Ft. Dorchester, Ft. Sumter to the USS Yorktown there is so much to do here.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I graduated from the Aviation Management program. I am from LA (Lower Alabama), Baldwin County, but currently in Dallas, TX. My family bleeds Orange and Blue. Plenty of family that attended and graduated AU. Hell, my sister is the smart one, board certified Veterinary Oncologist.

Married to my high school sweetheart. Amazing woman, even if she is a Bama fan, none of us are perfect. Two great kiddos.

Oh, name is Sky.

Better late than never I guess. Name is Jimmy and born in Chicago. Raised in the small town of Carbon Hill, AL. Graduated in '86 and joined the Air Force in '87. Assigned to Colorado Springs in '96 where I retired in '08. Currently seeking a job so if anyone knows any hook ups in Colorado let me know. ;D

• 4 months later...

My name is Wayne (duh) and I am from Oklahoma City. I joined the US NAVY and ended up stationed in Mobile (yes Mobile had a Navy base for a short time). I met my future wife while stationed here. She took a job as a LVT for the Auburn Vet School so I moved to Auburn when I got out of the Navy in Jan of 1984. We lived in an apartment on Donahue and I used to sit on the patio and listen to the games. I got hooked and have been a Dye hard AU fan ever since. We moved back to Mobile(bamaland) :( in 98' and I dream of a day when we can move back to God's country. War Eagle!

P.S. All of my family members are OU fans and yes they are like bama fans but not as blatantly obnoxious.

My name is Clayton, I am from Columbus GA, and live here, until the Fall, where I'll be going to Auburn! I've been an Auburn fan my whole life and follow everything Auburn almost religiously.

Name is Jeff, and I am from Winfield, Al -- lifelong Auburn tiger fan!

Archived