Jeremy Hill

gpharper

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright J/S..

Is this running back drama even close to over?

Yep. About 26 more days. ;)

I'm going to be completely honest, this shocked the crap outta me when I woke up and saw this.

Agreed...I really felt good about him. This makes me wonder A: does this mean Les is probably staying at lsEWW? and B: did the coaches maybe tell him it was ok if he went elsewhere because one of our higher prospects (Huggins??) was coming for sure?

B: did the coaches maybe tell him it was ok if he went elsewhere because one of our higher prospects (Huggins??) was coming for sure?

That would be my guess, but I've no inside info to back that up.

Hello folks,

Complete blind side here for both recruiting analysts and Auburn/LSU commits. Right now, speculation is that Stevan Ridley is going to the NFL and LSU coaches passed it along to Jeremy Hill. Either way, it appears Auburn is completely out of the picture.

That being said, I'm confident Auburn coaches will put the full court press on Savon Huggins and one other uncommitted running back who can't be named yet. I believe this also means that Tre Mason is a 100% to Auburn.

More info as it comes.

If Auburn sells out to get him as I expect them to do, then Auburn stands better than the 50% chance currently speculated.

Hello folks,

Complete blind side here for both recruiting analysts and Auburn/LSU commits. Right now, speculation is that Stevan Ridley is going to the NFL and LSU coaches passed it along to Jeremy Hill. Either way, it appears Auburn is completely out of the picture.

That being said, I'm confident Auburn coaches will put the full court press on Savon Huggins and one other uncommitted running back who can't be named yet. I believe this also means that Tre Mason is a 100% to Auburn.

More info as it comes.

Hmmm.....interesting. I hate teasers, and yet I love them.  :pcprobs:

I would be stoked if we got Crowell. But honestly, to me he was the least impressive RB at the UA game. He looked pretty small and ran east/west to much. His high school film is lights out, but Huggins and Bellamy left a better impression on me. It was just one game though, and the Oline wasnt exactly opening up big holes.

I would be stoked if we got Crowell. But honestly, to me he was the least impressive RB at the UA game. He looked pretty small and ran east/west to much. His high school film is lights out, but Huggins and Bellamy left a better impression on me. It was just one game though, and the Oline wasnt exactly opening up big holes.

To be fair, everytime he ran the ball, he already had Clowney and "Freak" Johnson breathing down his neck as soon as he touched the ball. Not much he could do, the OL blocked a little better on some of Huggins runs

At this point, I would prefer Huggins, tbh. Kid has his head screwed on straight, he's a more fundamentally sound runner...and he didn't spurn Auburn by wearing the hat of our fiercest rival to a game. Now, I've defended Crowell several times in the past for that, and I still think he should be cut at least a little slack because of the overwhelming feeling around the Carver-Columbus community after the situation with DeRon Furr, but even if he is completely forgiven for that, it's excess baggage that Huggins doesn't have.

The fact that Savon is an outstanding student makes a pretty big difference to me, too.

That having been said, I've been more impressed with what I've seen on the field of Crowell than I have of Huggins.

At this point, I would prefer Huggins, tbh. Kid has his head screwed on straight, he's a more fundamentally sound runner...and he didn't spurn Auburn by wearing the hat of our fiercest rival to a game. Now, I've defended Crowell several times in the past for that, and I still think he should be cut at least a little slack because of the overwhelming feeling around the Carver-Columbus community after the situation with DeRon Furr, but even if he is completely forgiven for that, it's excess baggage that Huggins doesn't have.

The fact that Savon is an outstanding student makes a pretty big difference to me, too.

That having been said, I've been more impressed with what I've seen on the field of Crowell than I have of Huggins.

agree with this completely. Huggins doesn't do alot of dancing, he lowers his shoulders and welcomes the contact. His high school film reminded me a little of Cadillac, the way he kind of absorbs hits and keeps on running.

After watching the UA game, I agree. Huggins looked very good and Crowell didnt look as good as I thought he would. That said, I wouldnt be a least bit disappointed if we get Crowell, to say the least. And to his credit, ESPN said today on their recruiting page that Crowell was by far the best RB in practices, just couldnt find running room in the game

agree with this completely. Huggins doesn't do alot of dancing, he lowers his shoulders and welcomes the contact. His high school film reminded me a little of Cadillac, the way he kind of absorbs hits and keeps on running.

I especially like the way he doesn't carry the ball like a loaf of bread...it's a correctable thing, but better if it's already deeply ingrained, which seems to be the case for Savon.

Alright J/S..

Is this running back drama even close to over?

Yep. About 26 more days. ;)

Not really. Same game, different names.

I really hope our situation with Carver gets fixed soon. They are usually very talented...Gabe Wright in particular seems like a smart, classy guy, not much potential to have problems like some before him.

Huggins seems like he would be an awesome fit for AU, and given his interest in us vs. what I've seen from Crowell, he's the guy I want/hope for the most. I really want us to get at least one!...

Archived