Welcome Cyrus Kouandjio

Tiger Growlin

I for one think it's a long shot to get this guy, but, in the event that he does sign with AU, can you imagine the screams of "AU's cheating" coming from Turdville? It's turning out to be quite an outstanding class, and adding C would just be awesome for AU. However, I am sorry we are not getting Ray Drew. I wonder what happened? It seemed for weeks everyone was saying that while it may be close, he was leaning AU, and now AU's completely out of it and it looks like he's going to thUGA. Speaking of recruiting classes, this may be what keeps Richt in GA longer than most expect. They seem to be having a good year.  

Unfortunately for Richt, he is the king of doing less with more!  Short of winning the SEC championship, and possibly playing for a NC, his days are numbered.  Poor Aaron Murray is going to be running for his life behind their non-existant O-line.  They'll need Drew to get in there and be a force on defense, because he will be on the field most of the game.  They are finishing very strong on recruiting, but it's what you do once they get on campus that UGA seems to have a difficult time with.  Maybe Drew can help settle the players down a little?

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new article up on rivals with an interview from Cyrus if anyone is interested.

The Rivals article just talked about how he is not a Bama lock and he compared all of the teams that are recruiting him and how arie and him are not a package deal. No big news really.

The best part about getting him would be that I remember last year how most people thought that bama signed his brother mainly to get him in this class.

I thought the article was awesome.  He seems wide open and still a decent possibility.

Summary:

Iowa: Had a good visit, he was hosted by a teammate of his last year.  Iowa has a good tradition of putting linemen in the NFL, that's why he likes them.  The cold weather isn't a factor

New Mexico:  Has been there a ton of times and thinks he can really leave his impression at that school and make a difference

Alabama: Alabama is a great program with tradition and they run the ball.  Everyone thinks he's a lock at UA because his brother is there, but he said he will do what is best for him.  He and his brother have talked about it and understand that.  With that said, he likes UA a lot.

Auburn:  Came into the scene as Miami fell out with him when Shannon got fired.  AU was winning and has an exciting offense and need linemen.  He's looking forward the visit with AU.

When asked if he'd choose rival AU, he said it wouldn't make a difference if he liked it there, he and his brother don't really care about all that rivalry/hatred stuff.

The one thing about his interview that disturbed me was the quote about him only being interested in AU because Shannon was canned at Miami and that we were winning and ranked number one in the country. I guess I should expect guys to try and jump on board with a winning program. Everyone wants to be associated with a winner. I love that he's excited about the offense though. That's a biggie. With "franchise" guys like that, they have to be on board and love the offense they play in. I really believe that Iowa made a very good impression on him. Watching tapes of Gallery and Buluga had to get his attention. He basically said Iowa is the place to be for offensive lineman. I don't disagree completely with that statement. They have the track record to prove it.  I hope we are able to top them this weekend. I'm sure the coaches will pull out all the stops for him. They have made it known that we need offensive lineman. He does sound tired of the recruiting process though. I can't say that I blame him there. This is a common statement made by most of the top rated players across the country. Let's reel him in coaches. I would love to have him in the family.

The one thing about his interview that disturbed me was the quote about him only being interested in AU because Shannon was canned at Miami and that we were winning and ranked number one in the country. I guess I should expect guys to try and jump on board with a winning program. Everyone wants to be associated with a winner. I love that he's excited about the offense though. That's a biggie. With "franchise" guys like that, they have to be on board and love the offense they play in. I really believe that Iowa made a very good impression on him. Watching tapes of Gallery and Buluga had to get his attention. He basically said Iowa is the place to be for offensive lineman. I don't disagree completely with that statement. They have the track record to prove it.  I hope we are able to top them this weekend. I'm sure the coaches will pull out all the stops for him. They have made it known that we need offensive lineman. He does sound tired of the recruiting process though. I can't say that I blame him there. This is a common statement made by most of the top rated players across the country. Let's reel him in coaches. I would love to have him in the family.

I think he will enjoy seeing tape of our recent Olines considering we have plenty in the NFL right now.

Nice post.  Our secret weapon: Auburn campus/community.  People of all age get here and fall in love with it.  Hopefully he might think the same this weekend.  I'm definitely going to be out at the bars on the look out to give a word of encouragement and some free drinks haha.  :cool:

Nice post.  Our secret weapon: Auburn campus/community.  People of all age get here and fall in love with it.  Hopefully he might think the same this weekend.  I'm definitely going to be out at the bars on the look out to give a word of encouragement and some free drinks haha.  :cool:

I hope those are virgin drinks...lol. Last thing we need is Shad on sportscenter with breaking news about how underage recruits are getting wasted while on visits to AU.

The guy on Recruiting insider just put %s up on Cyrus. He said 60% Bama 40%AU

That's closer than I would expect since most have had bama at about 99.999999% since his brother committed last year. At least they're waking up a little bit and giving us a shot. Surprised they totally discounted NM and Iowa in that percentage.

I hope those are virgin drinks...lol. Last thing we need is Shad on sportscenter with breaking news about how underage recruits are getting wasted while on visits to AU.

haha if I ever saw Schad in Skybar i'd give him a piece of my boot.  But some recruits go out to the bars on the weekend visits.  I actually frequently see big ol' Reese at Skybar, though don't worry I don't see him drinking (not that I could blame him if he was, thinking back 5 years ago to my freshman year haha).  Just hanging with his lady.

Auburn has a solid chance and most say its 60/40 bammer to Auburn right now.

But with a great visit I say we will be the leader going into signing day.

Cyrus K. & Westerman (along with the other Auburn recruits) hit it off at the Under Armor game.  Westerman has been on Cyrus texting him for weeks. That is big, as I have not read/heard him having any bond with any of the bammer commits.

Cyrus was being nice about the Iowa weather, he doesnt want to play in the cold

It is also true that he does not want to compete with his brother for the same spot for the next two years, as fluker has the other tackle spot locked down

CGC in home this week in Maryland reportedly went very well, and Cyrus really likes CJG.

I think Cyrus joins maybe the best OL recruiting class (on paper) in the modern era.

WDE!!!

If he visits we get him JMO....

He said he was visiting in the interview. He didn't leave the door open like some others who say they may visit. Sounds like he making the trip to me. Hope nothing changes. The coaches made a visit with him this week as well to hopefully confirm the visit and give him and his parents a better feel of the staff and what to expect on the visit.

Archived