Anyone catch SportsNation tonight?

Lots of Auburn bashing.  Cam being too defensive to questions.... Cam over throwing all the receivers....... Lying at Auburn..... I guess it's true "Haters gonna Hate!"

What exactly did they say he lied about?

I never watch SportsNation. Really the only things I ever watch on ESPN anymore are live games and Sportscenter every now and again.

I never watch SportsNation. Really the only things I ever watch on ESPN anymore are live games and Sportscenter every now and again.

I am down to just live games. :)

I don't even listen to ESPN broadcasts of AU games anymore. I mute and turn on Rod. I've done that since 2004.... >:( Nothing that ESPN says has much credibility.

They have made a villain out of a college kid with unbelievable talent and charm partly out of jealousy, and partly out of the need to use Cam to make a ton of money. I hope Cam gets to a point in his career where he can refuse to talk to anyone from ESPN. They need to lay off of Cam Newton for a while, and give the kid a break.  >:(

I don't even listen to ESPN broadcasts of AU games anymore. I mute and turn on Rod. I've done that since 2004.... >:( Nothing that ESPN says has much credibility.

They have made a villain out of a college kid with unbelievable talent and charm partly out of jealousy, and partly out of the need to use Cam to make a ton of money. I hope Cam gets to a point in his career where he can refuse to talk to anyone from ESPN. They need to lay off of Cam Newton for a while, and give the kid a break.  >:(

I can't do that because I like to watch with my DVR behind time by about 30 minutes or so in order to fast forward through commercials. I amuse myself by making fun of the announcers. Like how many times Musberger (or whatever the heck his name is) said "basically a run play" when referring to the flat routes thrown to T-Zach, or any time they say something stupid (there's usually at least one every other play or so). Of course, I'm also the guy who compliments blocking 10 seconds before the analyst sees the replay and makes mention of it...yeah, my biggest problem with watching football games is that I know more about it than most of the announcers do (Kirk Herbstreit is the exception; say what you will about the guy, but he knows what he's talking about).

As for Cam, I'm with you 100%.

Herbie lost me this year with his inability to be objective about Auburn. He might know what he's talking about at times, but his ego gets in his way. He thinks he's hot stuff but a lot of the time he's barely lukewarm.

He's jealous of Cam too, because Cam has 10x the talent that Herbie had, plus Cam's smart, engaging and handsome. Cam's got that x-factor that none of the losers on ESPN have ever had.They all know it, so they want to tear Cam apart because he's that rare kid with all those special assets.

I can't do that because I like to watch with my DVR behind time by about 30 minutes or so in order to fast forward through commercials. I amuse myself by making fun of the announcers. Like how many times Musberger (or whatever the heck his name is) said "basically a run play" when referring to the flat routes thrown to T-Zach, or any time they say something stupid (there's usually at least one every other play or so). Of course, I'm also the guy who compliments blocking 10 seconds before the analyst sees the replay and makes mention of it...yeah, my biggest problem with watching football games is that I know more about it than most of the announcers do (Kirk Herbstreit is the exception; say what you will about the guy, but he knows what he's talking about).

As for Cam, I'm with you 100%.

You and I sound similar in our approach to watching a game. People laugh at me because I'll say "that's a hold on xxx" and then the ref will say the same thing, or I'll say "that's a great block by yyy" or "zzz slipped on that play or he had the pick" and then they'll show a replay and the announcer will say the same thing. People just look at me and nod, like "I knew that was coming". When we're in JHS and something out of the ordinary happens, my whole section looks at me for an explanation. If you play and watch a game for 45 years or so, you just pick this stuff up.

WDE

Herbie lost me this year with his inability to be objective about Auburn. He might know what he's talking about at times, but his ego gets in his way. He thinks he's hot stuff but a lot of the time he's barely lukewarm.

He's jealous of Cam too, because Cam has 10x the talent that Herbie had, plus Cam's smart, engaging and handsome. Cam's got that x-factor that none of the losers on ESPN have ever had.They all know it, so they want to tear Cam apart because he's that rare kid with all those special assets.

I dont think much of that is true but thats just me, herbie at least picked auburn to win the sec this year.

Most of that is BS he's paid by those who run things at ESPN to say (in order to promote whatever their agenda happens to be), and should be filtered out as such. What I'm talking about is the level of understanding he brings to the announcer's booth. Yeah, he irritates me sometimes, but when you consider that most of his colleagues either come from journalistic backgrounds and know only what they have been told about football or completely fail with the ability to form coherent sentences, it's hard not to put him at the top of the heap.

I am down to just live games. :)

I am down to DVR of live games.  that way when they talk I can FF.

:laugh:

Archived