Musical Memory Lane. . .

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

F&T some people do. The key is finding them.

Emmylou and Steve Earle singing the same song. Great stuff. Earle just did a tribute album simply titled 'Townes". Great stuff.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/emmylou-harris-steve-earle-and-townes-van-zandt-if-i-needed-you/8e74594303b09ca959d18e74594303b09ca959d1-542953570937?q=townes+van+zandt+youtube&FORM=VIRE7

Hard to do when you live in a place where people cannot even speak a grammatically correct sentence.  I'm sorry, it's Monday and wearing cynicism.

Denver was one of the best videos I've seen in a long time. It spoke volumes about the feelings he had for his human. I'm sure that worked both ways. Darn cool. Denver is a prime example of why I like dogs more than most humans.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Cynics need love too. :laugh:

Really needing it today!

He won't call.

I'm not the only cynic in here today.

Denver obviously touched millions of people, because that video has been seen by over 5 million people, and now there's a facebook page and T-shirts! and a "Denver Was Framed" movement.... :laugh:

You sound just like my 19 year old daughter. She always says she prefers animals over people most of the time. I like a healthy mix of both, myself.... ;)

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Dogs love unconditionally and they don't talk ! :laugh:

Don't you hate it when your trying to have an intellectually stimulating conversation about something like the brilliance of late great musicians and the conversation gets sidetracked by talk of cynics and animals?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Funny memory. . .

During college, I worked at the local airport.  A couple of guys, brothers, that I knew from high school worked with me.  One brother, Shannon, was always bringing in his guitar and singing.  I had heard that he had written a song for his girlfriend and had it recorded at a studio and given it to her for some special occassion.  They were broken up at the time.  So he'd always sing this one song in particular.  The lyrics were beautiful and I could picture him singing it to her in my mind.  So one day, I got up the courage to ask him if that was the song he had written for the girl that had broken his heart.  I was so afraid I would hurt him by bringing up the past, but I just wanted him to know how much the lyrics of that song touched me.  Well, he was very flattered to say the least!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK9Ap7SJeZE

Anybody ever heard of this guy and no, I'm not talking about Lyle Lovett. I'm talking about the other guy. This is one of the most requested wedding/love songs of the south.

Not till now. Reading about his life. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

He is one of the most beloved writers by songwriters /performers in certain genres of music. Lived the life of his music, but he was/is a lyrical genius. He also wrote "Pancho and Lefty", more people have heard his music than they are aware of.

:'( :):thumbsup::yay:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

For my favorite tiger. . .

Krack does Dobie. (Although that was probably the other way around :-X) :bow:

:laugh: Funny's my job! Cynicism's yours!  Right? Day after day I'm more confused. . .

Archived