Musical Memory Lane. . .

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody ever heard of this guy and no, I'm not talking about Lyle Lovett. I'm talking about the other guy. This is one of the most requested wedding/love songs of the south.

Anybody ever heard of this guy and no, I'm not talking about Lyle Lovett. I'm talking about the other guy. This is one of the most requested wedding/love songs of the south.

Not till now. Reading about his life. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Ahhhh wedding songs. :) I used this one.

Fogelberg reminds me of when I would listen to music with my sister. Have the Netherlands "album" somewhere. And like thousands of others, I love "Longer Than". Geez, Leader of the Band, Old lang Syne, Souvenirs, Rhythm Of The Rain, so many good songs.

Ahhhh wedding songs. :) I used this one.

Fogelberg reminds me of when I would listen to music with my sister. Have the Netherlands "album" somewhere. And like thousands of others, I love "Longer Than". Geez, Leader of the Band, Old lang Syne, Souvenirs, Rhythm Of The Rain, so many good songs.

Lots of memories with those songs.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

I see the three charter members of the insomnia club are here.

:laugh: Well, mine is not insomnia.  I had 2 diet cokes today, and they weren't unleaded.  Caffeine does this to me.

Sorry about the girl.  Why were you afraid?

:laugh: Well, mine is not insomnia.  I had 2 diet cokes today, and they weren't unleaded.  Caffeine does this to me.

Young, foolish but mostly shy. First but not the last. Not even the biggest regret. I have loved and lost but most importantly I have loved and have three wonderful children to show for it. There have been four women in my life that I can remember the first time I saw them. I can remember their hair, their eyes, even their shoes. Each one I had a friendship, relationship or even a marrage with. I was 12 years old when I opened my door and Michelle hit me with a snowball. There was a fifth when my daughter was born. I've been lucky.

We don't let just anyone join our club either.....it's very exclusive.

I would be ok with being banned. With that, good night to all. I'll probable be back in a few.

He is one of the most beloved writers by songwriters /performers in certain genres of music. Lived the life of his music, but he was/is a lyrical genius. He also wrote "Pancho and Lefty", more people have heard his music than they are aware of.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Young, foolish but mostly shy. First but not the last. Not even the biggest regret. I have loved and lost but most importantly I have loved and have three wonderful children to show for it. There have been four women in my life that I can remember the first time I saw them. I can remember their hair, their eyes, even their shoes. Each one I had a friendship, relationship or even a marrage with. I was 12 years old when I opened my door and Michelle hit me with a snowball. There was a fifth when my daughter was born. I've been lucky.

Wow! Just Wow!

He is one of the most beloved writers by songwriters /performers in certain genres of music. Lived the life of his music, but he was/is a lyrical genius. He also wrote "Pancho and Lefty", more people have heard his music than they are aware of.

I discovered Townes through being a fan of Emmylou Harris. His music is covered by a lot of musicians, and is used in a lot of movies and TV shows.

Belle, he is far and away my favorite writer. Some beautiful stuff. He lived hard by his own choice ,but driven by his demons too. He was a character. Ahead of his time by light years. Emmylou has done his whole catalog most likely.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Beautiful song.  Wouldn't it be nice if people spoke to each other this way?

F&T some people do. The key is finding them.

Emmylou and Steve Earle singing the same song. Great stuff. Earle just did a tribute album simply titled 'Townes". Great stuff.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/emmylou-harris-steve-earle-and-townes-van-zandt-if-i-needed-you/8e74594303b09ca959d18e74594303b09ca959d1-542953570937?q=townes+van+zandt+youtube&FORM=VIRE7

Archived