Musical Memory Lane. . .

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

If people would just stop, look, and think.

Another good one 62!  You're the MAN!

Thank you. We'll be taking request all night.  :-\  :'(  :banghead:  Now back to the insomnia thread.

Seriously, I could do this 24/7. Thanks for starting.

You are welcome.  I'm beginning to think that insomnia is contagious.

Anybody know what made this video famous?

It was in the movie Cruel Intentions.

Nope, not a well known fact.

Clue: Just the video.

Where is our resident misic aficionado when we need him?

Love this song. "Slave to money and then you die." :hellyeah: Talk about a lyric cutting through to the heart of a matter. There it is. I give up,what are you reffing to? :dunno:

"The video featured Ashcroft bumping into people as he walked down Hoxton Street, a crowded shopping area in London. It was inspired by the video for Massive Attack's 1991 song "Unfinished Sympathy," which was showed the singer walking down a street in a similar manner."

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1101

"The video featured Ashcroft bumping into people as he walked down Hoxton Street, a crowded shopping area in London. It was inspired by the video for Massive Attack's 1991 song "Unfinished Sympathy," which was showed the singer walking down a street in a similar manner."

That's as good a guess as any :dunno: We may never know, I fear 62 has gone to sleep and when he does, he'll sleep for a month :laugh: Zombie.

Close. It was shot with multiple cameras/angles but done in a single take. To the video gurus this was more important than the song itself.  :dunno: Being a videophile myself I don't like gurus. As the saying goes ignorance is bliss. In the pursuit of perfection, life can pass you by. Life was meant to be enjoyed, not critiqued.

Video is good enough, they are always secondary, if even that, at best to me. Vids are still a relatively newish artform. Only one video has ever been considered by me to have the same artistic qualities as the song it accompanied. Hell, My name is Johhny Cash. His cover of the NIN/Trent Reznor song is simply the best video ever to me. Subject ,song and video content it was all there in way that struck me like a sledgehammer.

Archived