Quality Education Academy

(Winston-Salem, NC)

6-foot-10

240 lbs

2010 stats: 10 points, 16 rebounds, 4 blocks per game

RIVALS NR

SCOUT NR

ESPN 3* with grade of 89; #24 Center

Other offers from Loyola Marymount; Missouri; Florida; Seton Hall; Tennessee; Wake Forest; Virginia Tech

Said he REALLY enjoyed his visit to AU, saying that the weather reminded him of Africa. He also LOVED the AU Business School, saying that he planned to use his 3.0 GPA and 1200 SAT score to major in business. Said he will now head home and talk with his Dad back in Nigeria and his coach... then he will make his decision on Tuesday and sign on Wednesday. Visited Seton Hall on 3/2 and Tenn on 3/5. As you can read in THIS ARTICLE from Zagsblog.com, Ajayi previously named Seton Hall his favorite, b/c his brother lives "10 minutes from campus" there. But later named a "Top 3" of AU, Loyola Marymount, and Mizzou.

One interesting quote from Ajayi... he says that he played against Dwight Howard, and Howard told Ajayi that he was "the strongest kid he ever played against", and that he had a very bright future!

after reading up on this guy some more i definately want him when dwight howard says your strong YOU ARE STRONG!! he could help out alot on the boards and defense until his offense becomes better

Any news?

Barbee has decided not to offer him so he'll be signing elsewhere.

Why?

I'm sure it will all be hush hush as usual. That's the standard MO.

Auburn needs a physical presence like that down low, maybe we will get lucky and land this guy!

Looks like somebody doesn't like reading the posts  :laugh:

Any news?

Barbee has decided not to offer him so he'll be signing elsewhere.

Why?

Most likely because Barbee felt we already had better players and didn't want to run someone off to make room for him. Barbee is still looking and according to a poster I trust on another site is trying to land former NC State commit and 4 star on all sites Joseph Uchebo. Several big time programs(UK included) are after him after he was released from his LOI last week.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/news/_/id/103199/joseph-uchebo

Of course I have not seen this kid play and know nothing about him but I say sign him up. 6'10 and 240lbs is speaking my language. We need a big body like his in the paint.

Of course I have not seen this kid play and know nothing about him but I say sign him up. 6'10 and 240lbs is speaking my language. We need a big body like his in the paint.

AU didn't offer and he signed with Wyoming.

Are we talking about the same kid? I'm speaking of the kid linked above my op, Joseph Uchebo.

I'd love to as well but it will be an uphill fight. Since Barbee came to see him he has been visited by Calipari,Crean and an UNC assistant.

Are we talking about the same kid? I'm speaking of the kid linked above my op, Joseph Uchebo.

Sorry I was talking about Ajayi. We don't have a shot at the NC St guy. Indiana, UNC, and Kentucky have all visited him in the last 48 hours. I guess if those guys pass on him we might.

Sorry I was talking about Ajayi. We don't have a shot at the NC St guy. Indiana, UNC, and Kentucky have all visited him in the last 48 hours. I guess if those guys pass on him we might.

All good. Well at least we are giving it a shot. That's all I can ask for. Just read a small article that mentioned us along with a few other schools being at his workout on Monday. FWIW, neither of the schools you listed were there.

http://www.nationofblue.com/several-schools-watch-joseph-uchebo-workout-6787/

http://coast2coastrecruiting.net/2011/04/joseph-uchebo-talks-de-commitment-and-new-schools-recruiting-him/

He mentions UK, Wake, and Florida St here. I can't find the tweet I saw that said Calipari, Crean. and an UNC assistant visited. It's pretty early still but he also doesn't have much time to get visits in either.

All good. Well at least we are giving it a shot. That's all I can ask for. Just read a small article that mentioned us along with a few other schools being at his workout on Monday. FWIW, neither of the schools you listed were there.

well this makes me feel a whole lot better

NorthstarBball Alex Schwartz

Uchebo's list... RT @NealNieves: @NorthstarBball Kentucky Florida state, Florida

well this makes me feel a whole lot better

• 2 weeks later...

Why isn't coach Barbee offerring Lekan? heaven knows we need a 6'10 center.

First, he signed with Wyoming. There's no more offering.

Second, my guess is that he's not an upgrade over the bigs on campus.

Why isn't coach Barbee offerring Lekan? heaven knows we need a 6'10 center.

ajayi was going to commit to us but barbe took his scholarship away to go after other players besides ajayi is just a poor mans Kouassi

Archived