Auburn vs Ole Miss Game 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn is up 6-3 in the Bottom of the 8th with 2 outs and a man on 1st.  Hargett tripled and Andrews drives him in with an infield single.  Andrews has had such a dichotomy of a game with 4 hits, but 3 balls misplayed in LF.

To the 9th, Auburn up 6-3

Question becomes now, who pitches the 9th.  Wallen has gone 2 and settled in nicely I'd let him start it.  Ole Miss has 5, 6, 7 in the order.  The 6th guy tagged Wallen pretty bad in the first at bat.

I'd have Ortman and Ray ready to come in from the pen.

HBP for the 2nd guy  :banghead:  we gotta make this one interesting.  Come on guys.  Pitching change, Ortman is in.

I don't blame CJP for this one, Wallen looked solid in the 8th, I would've stuck with the hot hand, glad he didn't let him face another batter though.

Great win for Auburn.  Really pleased with the way Varandore pitched, I think he's proven last week was just a glitch in the road and he is our bona fide ace, wish he could've gotten the win.  The bullpen pitched pretty well, 3 innings and just 1 run.  We hit the ball very well tonight.  2 HRs from Patterson and Gamache.  13 hits total.

I am really proud of how resourceful our team has been.  We had 3 bunt singles and 2 sb as well as a couple more infield hits if Im not mistaken.  Great fundementals on the offensive end, but still struggling on the defensive end.

It will either be Blatt or Jacobs on the mound tomorrow night.  I'm thinking Jacobs, with Blatt ready to come in if he struggles.  I think you'll see Hargett in at 2B for us, and Gilmer back in at 3B as Alvord and Besiner struggled tonight.

Good work tonight, lets win 1 more this weekend and possibly take the Western division lead.

Heck of a game guys. I totally called that KP smash. We were sitting out by the right field foul pole. I called it, and he answered. ST and JS can vouch for me. Anyways, fun game. Did anyone catch why booboo (Ole Miss Blackbear coach, who may be the only coach shorter than saban) was tossed for? We were all celebrating when it happened. Also, Blatt will indeed get the start tomorrow.And Luckie starts on Saturday.

Fish, have you heard anything definite or just a hunch?  Both pitched great last weekend against LSU and both have the bulldog mentality that are ready to sit anyone down in any situation.  A good problem to have, I was picking Jacobs since he's started the last 2 weekends and pitched well.

Archived