Positives

bzlivn

In honor of Monty Python's Life of Brian go-away song, "All ways look on the bright side of life."  I want to hear you pump some sunshine back into this program! Waaaaaaaaaarr Eagle Hey!

1.  Passion - We have fans that care so much it makes most of us sick to watch us struggle!

It was nice hearing a few guys names called out last Saturday that have been MIA so far: Bonomolo, Niles, Whitehead, Owens, Fulse, etc. I know a couple of these guys have gotten some playing time but its been sparse from my recollection.

Also, Lemonier and Holland seemed like things "clicked" for them against Fl-Atl.

It was nice hearing a few guys names called out last Saturday that have been MIA so far: Bonomolo, Niles, Whitehead, Owens, Fulse, etc. I know a couple of these guys have gotten some playing time but its been sparse from my recollection.

Also, Lemonier and Holland seemed like things "clicked" for them against Fl-Atl.

Did niles play?  I thought pelton said at the beginning of the year he would redshirt.

After the FAU game our defense improved from #117 in the country to #110......and according to Coach Ted Roof he "absolutely saw some improvement"!

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/ncaaf/stats/team-total-defense

Cody Parkey and special teams....They are good.

(Not being sarcastic here)

Our inexperienced defense has played 5 1/2 games worth of snaps already.  Well over 300 snaps.  Our defensive freshmen now have almost double the experience of other teams' freshmen.      It seems to have payed off for a couple of guys last week.  A few of them really stepped up. 

It was great to see some wrap-up tackling last weekend instead of attempted arm tackles and diving at legs. It's always better to wrap the guy up and wait for help to arrive if you can't take him down alone. 2 yards is better than 16 anyday.

Corey Lemonier showed flashes of being Corey Lemonier.

Good to see Ladarius Owens make some plays.

Of course, Cody Parkey remains spectacular.

We may have one of the best special teams in the country.From kick-offs,to coverage,to returns,we are very solid.If we can keep a couple of games close that we are favored to lose,our special teams could give us those wins.

We have Samford later in the season. That's a positive. Also, Nutt will probably be fired by the time we play Ole Miss. Another positive. Ha!

First post guys but here goes.  We're still Auburn.  We have the best tradtitions.  We have a recent national championship under our belts.  We have the fortitude to take a down season and watch our players grow up.  We will have some great football to look forward to in the near future.  We will still win some games this year.  The possibility is there for us to wreck Alabama's great season....... And I just bought tickets to the Ole Miss game... War Eagle!

First post guys but here goes.  We're still Auburn.  We have the best tradtitions.  We have a recent national championship under our belts.  We have the fortitude to take a down season and watch our players grow up.  We will have some great football to look forward to in the near future.  We will still win some games this year.  The possibility is there for us to wreck Alabama's great season....... And I just bought tickets to the Ole Miss game... War Eagle!

Good job on your first post!!  :thumbsup:  :bow: 

Right on!

1. On nearly every play at least 1-DL player drove his OL player into the backfield... a lot of penetration... but they were unable to get off the block and consummate the TFL... just a matter of time... & DB play is better than last year...

2. Special teams are excellent... good enough to keep us in the game against anybody in the SEC, bar none...

3. Our O @ times has shown it can be explosive, but still needs consistency... but we are scoring enough to win...

This AU team obviously has a ways to go, but not as far as people seem to be making it out to be... this team has not had its personality to emerge as of yet... that will make a difference as well...

Lots of young players are getting playing time.  Heck, our defense has already been on the field for @ 6 games worth of plays, so they should be in 'mid-season' form by now!

In honor of Monty Python's Life of Brian go-away song, "All ways look on the bright side of life."  I want to hear you pump some sunshine back into this program! Waaaaaaaaaarr Eagle Hey!

1.  Passion - We have fans that care so much it makes most of us sick to watch us struggle!

2. The loss to Clemson? It's only a flesh wound!!!!!

:believe:

Welcome...you are SO welcome!  Love your first post!

FAU game-related positive:  Anyone else completely blown away to see that many kids on the field at halftime...when 800-some-odd high school band, color guard, and dance team members across the state joined our amazing band, all decked out in orange T-shirts in a tribute to the 70's?  Completely impressive...ya know, the way all of the "support" works with the Tigers is such a walking, living commercial for the best university experience in the world. 

And a football-related positive...our guys are still becoming, win or lose.  Watching "Friday Night Lights" this past weekend reminded me of the behind-the-scenes pressure coming from all angles.  I am ecstatic at the character-shaping they are experiencing with Coach Chizik at the helm.  When a team sets out to bring God glory, win or lose, just watch a "loss" be turned into a blessing some way or another. 

Did niles play?  I thought pelton said at the beginning of the year he would redshirt.

He is in my English class and said he is redshirting.

Archived