how would you coach the South Carolina game? (just for fun)

Wrights_Mill_Road

yeah, i'm not a coach.  i once stepped foot into tubby's office and couldn't look at him, not dissimilar to the japanese not looking at their emperor.  still, just for fun i'd.....

play KF at QB.  run 85% of the time and keep people guessing who is going to tote the rock, then play-action pass.

i'd stick Ladarious Phillips in at H-back and have him be the 2nd blocker on clowney, every play.

i'd run blitz every down and have all our DTs playing on the line and ford, equae playing OLBs.  stop lattimore.

i'd have therezie and florence rotating out there just to head-hunt and run blitzes, etc...

as a last resort, i'd have a play drawn up on O where we run the fumble-rooski and spirit comes down and grabs the ball, flys around the stadium for 59:00 (there is no vertical out of bounds, keeps the ball in play) and then flies through the goal post for 10 points (touchdown and a field goal in the same play) and we win 10-0.

:party:

Well for one since USC couldn't stop Crowell during the UGA game I say pound it down their throat as many times possible. Also Garcia is playing like garbage I say stack the box to stop Lattimore and have Garcia try to beat you with his arm. Plus play man instead of that zone garbage. We have a better chance to pick off the ball with man as seen in the FAU game. Oh one more thing GANG TACKLE!!!

Stuff the box

Have Therezie and Florence in the defensive backfield, for speed, to catch anything that gets through

Turn Lemonier, Sanders, Eguae, and Ford loose and say get to the ball, whatever it takes

Run the rock at them 80% of the time, only occasionally burning them on a deep ball to Blake or Stallworth

Insult each of the O-Lineman's and D-Lineman's moms before the game

Casually leave a few attractive women with cases of beer where Garcia might wander by the night before

Load up the box. Do everything humanly possible to give Lattimore the Emmett treatment. I just don't think Garcia can consistently beat you. On O, run Dyer early and often. Find a way to get Lutz involved. Tell the OL if they don't do their jobs they don't get to eat next week. Make sure Blake gets at leasr one TD catch. Easy peasy.

All we have to do is force him into throwing 3 or 4 INT's and Steve will bench him real quick. Now the question is can Roof's defense do that through out the game? I'm not totally sure.

I would first show my corners every episode of Gilligans Island and tell them that they are to man up every single play and dont' expect any help...second I would put everybody else in the box. On O first I would stop those behind the line of scrimmage throws and run slants and screens instead. Second I would stretch the field with my playmakers from corner to corner then I would hit them in the mouth with DYER right up the middle! :tdau:

Send a case of brew to Garcia's room on Friday night,no problem.

Seriously though, run Dyer 25 times right at them which will also set up the pass better. Put a short leash on our QB and if things go wrong, give Moseley a shot with a series or two and see how he does. Keep using Frazier in certain situations just like we are doing.

Run the ball 60 % of the time with play action and deep balls on 1st downs.  We will stop Latimore on runs...however,...evidence the FAU game....he is gonna kill us on screens if we dont get better play from the outside LB's and DE's.  

I'd hire to Gus and Ted to make all the decisions for me.

Seriously though, on offense I'd pass when they're thinking run, and I'd run when they're thinking pass.  I'd go long when they're thinking short, and so on.

On defense, I'd stop Marcus and Alshon, and make their non-playmakers beat me....which won't happen bc they're non-playmakers.

Load up the box when all possible and double jefferys with man coverage on the rest. have blackson and JW at DT for most of the game as long as they can.

Make either their alcoholic or backup quarterback beat us. Stack the box and make Garcia or that other guy beat us with their arm. Jefferey is a monster but the guy tossing him the ball isn't. Oh yeah that tackling would also help

Have a helmet on ML every play if he runs it or not.  When they run the option, we attack the QB and get him dirty. Extra focus on striping the ball away from their QB too because last year he put it on the ground several times.  Mix the zone and man coverage.  Find a way to hide the blitz on obvious passing situations.  It's hard to have swagger when you play prevent for 4 quarters. If SC starts putting together multiple long drives then I gamble.  Either they score or we make a big play on defense and cause a turn over or a punt.  I like their QB to make some mistakes. He will have some good moments too so I just have learn and then keep at 'em.

Time to put some motion back in this offense. Lot of two back sets with Dyer and OMAC. We need to find ways to make sure Dyer ends the game with more yardage than ML and I want to win the time of possession.  That means we have to take some shots down the field to loosen up the SC defense.  If BT does not have the arm strength then CM or KF needs to see more snaps. It is also time to get Lutz involved as something other than a blocker.  His job as a blocker is easier if they have to respect him as a pass catching threat (and not just in the red zone). O-line better be ready to man up because I am going to run Dyer between the tackles. These two things will help open up the outside lanes for OMAC and no weak side corner is catching 23.

I'd tell them all week, no one respects Auburn, you or us as coaches. Everyone in America thinks SC is going to beat you like a stepchild ! However these so-called experts don't realize SC hasn't beat Auburn since the 1930s (AU 8-1-1) ! Auburn has NEVER lost in Columbia, SC (2-0). We offered Lattimore a home just like we did you, HOWEVER he REJECTED that offer and he rejected YOU ! It is again time to show Lattimore he made a mistake !!!

Gameday - Get an AttidUde on the O and DL. In other words WHIP them in the trenches! STUFF their run, RUN the ball till they COMPLETELY stop it ! Throw DEEP at least one time a quarter to keep them honest ! Don't require Barrett to win the game. Force Garcia to beat you. RUN, RUN, RUN some more to open up the pass. SHUT DOWN Lattimore for the THIRD TIME in a row !!! No turnovers and TAKE IT AWAY from them 3 to 4 times. SCORE, SCORE, SCORE 4tds, 4epts, and 3 fgs = WE WIN

:tdau: Just WIN Baby  :wareagle:

AU 37 - SC 35

:believe:

I'd tell them all week, no one respects Auburn, you or us as coaches. Everyone in America thinks SC is going to beat you like a stepchild ! However these so-called experts don't realize SC hasn't beat Auburn since the 1930s (AU 8-1-1) ! Auburn has NEVER lost in Columbia, SC (2-0). We offered Lattimore a home just like we did you, HOWEVER he REJECTED that offer and he rejected YOU ! It is again time to show Lattimore he made a mistake !!!

Gameday - Get an AttidUde on the O and DL. In other words WHIP them in the trenches! STUFF their run, RUN the ball till they COMPLETELY stop it ! Throw DEEP at least one time a quarter to keep them honest ! Don't require Barrett to win the game. Force Garcia to beat you. RUN, RUN, RUN some more to open up the pass. SHUT DOWN Lattimore for the THIRD TIME in a row !!! No turnovers and TAKE IT AWAY from them 3 to 4 times. SCORE, SCORE, SCORE 4tds, 4epts, and 3 fgs = WE WIN

AU 37 - SC 35

Put me in Coach!

Put our DL on a short chain outside and feed them nothing but raw meet all week. 

You gotta stack the box and bring tons of pressure on passing downs to force Garcia into mistakes. 

LOL - Bro. if you have any eligibility left we NEED you ! Be at the Athl' Complex @ 8 AM in the morning !! - LOL !!!

AU 37 - SC 35

Put me in Coach!

yeah, i'm not a coach.  i once stepped foot into tubby's office and couldn't look at him, not dissimilar to the japanese not looking at their emperor.  still, just for fun i'd.....

play KF at QB.  run 85% of the time and keep people guessing who is going to tote the rock, then play-action pass.

i'd stick Ladarious Phillips in at H-back and have him be the 2nd blocker on clowney, every play.

i'd run blitz every down and have all our DTs playing on the line and ford, equae playing OLBs.  stop lattimore.

i'd have therezie and florence rotating out there just to head-hunt and run blitzes, etc...as a last resort, i'd have a play drawn up on O where we run the fumble-rooski and spirit comes down and grabs the ball, flys around the stadium for 59:00 (there is no vertical out of bounds, keeps the ball in play) and then flies through the goal post for 10 points (touchdown and a field goal in the same play) and we win 10-0. :party:

I think I would change this part of the plan and use Nova instead of Spirit.

Here is what I see happening this week.  I think surprisingly, we come out and do a pretty good job in the first half.  Defense looks better than its had up until now and we are able to keep Lattimore in check.  He will have around 50 yrds at halftime but will not have killed us on a long run.  SC. offense will help us as well as they will turn the ball over once in the first half allowing us to score a field goal.  We will not be in the lead at half but will be in the game (24-17).  In the second half, Spurrier will make the necessary adjustments and we will not.  We will be happy with our first half performance and not come out of the locker room fired up.  They will take their first possession and score a touchdown and then their defense will stiffen.  They will give up another turnover in which we will take advantage of and score on but it will be too little too late.  Auburn's offense will still look sluggish but will score 30 points.  Trotter will get sacked several times and we will have at least (5) 3 and outs.  Parkey will continue to do a good job in kicking touchbacks and will have two field goals in this game.  Frazier will play no more than he has in the previous games with a couple of wildcat runs and a couple of hand offs.  I do see Dyer getting between 20-25 carries this game.  I do believe Blake keeps his streak alive with another touchdown catch.  It will come in the first half.  I predict the score to be 48-34 SC. at the end.  We will see improvement, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.  Offense will still be an issue due to the line not being able to contain the defensive pass rush preventing Trotter time to throw accurate balls and will not open up big holes for our rb's to break any long runs.  We will manage 200 yrd through the air and 160 yrds on the ground between Dyer, OMac, Mason, and some trick plays using the qb and wr's.  We will have two turnovers (1-int, and 1-fumble).

Again this is what I think will happen, not what I hope happens.  I pray that I am completely wrong and we go out and look like a totally different team, but given the way that we have looked so far, the inexperience and youth of our team, playing on the road, and not having time to really address and correct the issues from last week, its hard not to see this as a likely scenerio.  Hate on me if you want, but I am trying to be realistic and not see things through my orange and blue glasses.

Come on boys.......... please prove me wrong!!!

Blessings,

Archived