Frazier...

AUTigergrad08

Been off the boards for a while, and it may have been discussed.  But, I'm completely surprised he's not getting more reps.  Every time he lines up, it seems something good happens.  I'm not saying Trotter should be benched.  But, I do find it head scratching sometimes to see a brief, rare appearance of Kiehl for 10-15 yards or whatever and then he goes back to the bench maybe for the rest of the game.  Certainly can't understand this. 

Not to mention, the offense with Cam could work with him because Kiehl represents a threat to run and that would give Dyer and O-Mac more room to run bc the D would have to be concerned with a running threat from Kiehl.

It seems like he is getting more plays little by little. I would have loved to seen more of him with the struggles against FAU in the 2nd half.

I got a good/bad feeling we will see alot of him in the coming weeks.

On a different note: Frazier tweeted he doesn't like #10 and wants to be #13 next year.

It seems like he is getting more plays little by little. I would have loved to seen more of him with the struggles against FAU in the 2nd half.

I got a good/bad feeling we will see alot of him in the coming weeks.

On a different note: Frazier tweeted he doesn't like #10 and wants to be #13 next year.

Great I got a #10 Jersey for him last thursday. I guess I'm wearing LaDarius Owens' now.

Been off the boards for a while, and it may have been discussed.  But, I'm completely surprised he's not getting more reps.

Trust me, it's been discussed. :laugh:

Care to recap then?

Basically:

Poster 1: Frazier needs more snaps

Poster 2: BENCH TROTTER!! BENCH TROTTER!!

Poster 3: Ya'll aren't sunshine pumpers.

Turns into big arguments.

Been off the boards for a while, and it may have been discussed.  But, I'm completely surprised he's not getting more reps.

Trust me, it's been discussed. :laugh:

Care to recap then?

Basically:

Poster 1: Frazier needs more snaps

Poster 2: BENCH TROTTER!! BENCH TROTTER!!

Poster 3: Ya'll aren't sunshine pumpers.

Turns into big arguments.

Wasn't looking for arguments.  Trying to keep it civilized. 

I'm a huge fan of Frazier as well. I just dont want to rush him into something he isnt ready for yet.  I'm definetly on the Barrett train as well until he screws up so bad he needs to be pulled back down.  Ofcourse, theres always Clint as well.  HE still is the second string QB.

I foresee Kiehl getting increased reps until Ole Miss, then he may start doing entire series.

I know that Gus is 100% behind KF, therefore I know that Gus is making the right decisions even if it may not seem to us that KF is in the game more. And Gus could be waiting until he thinks KF is ready for the top spot.

On another note:

I was kinda thinking that CM would get a shot at QB in the 4th for the FAU game but that did not happen. I am kinda curious how he would do in a game.....

I know that Gus is 100% behind KF, therefore I know that Gus is making the right decisions even if it may not seem to us that KF is in the game more. And Gus could be waiting until he thinks KF is ready for the top spot.

On another note:

I was kinda thinking that CM would get a shot at QB in the 4th for the FAU game but that did not happen. I am kinda curious how he would do in a game.....

Watching the games etc....I seriously think Kiehl passed Clint and that Clint only comes in for special plays where they have multiple QB's in at once.

Maybe KF just is not ready yet to take on a huge role. I read somewhere that he was nervous out there on Sat (on the play when he threw the ball). I think he can play if needed but the coaches are being very careful with him and are slowly getting him acclimated to big time football.

First - I really like Trotter, and feel that he has surprised a lot of people with his ability to pass as accurately as he has.

With that said, my thoughts are that when we have lost 2 more games (sorry, we will lose at LEAST 2 more with this growing talent), we should proceed to alternate Frazier and Trotter drive-to-drive in the first half of games and then concentrate on whoever is hot the rest of that game. 

This will get Frazier comfortable with AU football and prep him for the 2012 season when we are in a position to make another run for the BCSCG.

Again, I love Trotter as a passer, but this team and CGM's offense needs a 2-dimensional QB.....

Again, I love Trotter as a passer, but this team and CGM's offense needs a 2-dimensional QB.....

That wasn't the case in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.

What AU needs more than anything else is consistent play from the OL and better blocking by the WR's on the perimeter plays.

Maybe KF just is not ready yet to take on a huge role. I read somewhere that he was nervous out there on Sat (on the play when he threw the ball). I think he can play if needed but the coaches are being very careful with him and are slowly getting him acclimated to big time football.

I don't think nerves has anything to do with it. Trotter stated he was nervous when he took to the field against Utah State. I would expect Kiehl to be nervous and I also expect his role in the offense to expand.

Barrett Trotter has done a good job this season with what he has had to work with. The defense has KILLED all offense this year. Auburn cant score 35-50 points every game to win. Kiehl Frazier wouldn't help stop anybody on D. I also feel there have been a lot of poor play calling this season. There have been several occasions where Auburn had 3rd and 2-5 yards and they chose to pass rather than run the ball. Dyer is one of the top backs in the country if the coaches would just allow him to prove it. he MUST get 25-30 carries this week if we have any chance to win this week.

WAR EAGLE!

What AU needs more than anything else is consistent play from the OL and better blocking by the WR's on the perimeter plays.

I agree with you.

I also think the loss of Eric Smith has been huge.  :(

I agree with you.

I also think the loss of Eric Smith has been huge.  :(

I agree, if nothing else but the leadership Smith could provide these young guys.

How about Frazier third and 2-5 yds, with zone read.. :party:

With Dyer in backfield. Call it the wierdcat!!

Smith is a huge loss but we miss Kodi, Terrell, and Darvin blocking on the perimeter. We also forget how valuable a blocker Fannin was, but just remember the fumbling. The veteran OL made it possible for our offense to operate at a high level for two seasons.

The perception of a Malzahn offense of running 80 plays is a non-factor. We have ran at least 80 plays only three times since Malzahn has been here. We have averaged 68.7 plays a game under Malzahn. From 2002-2008 we averaged 67.6 plays a game. That's not a big difference.

I thought Trotter played well enough this season.  In my opinion, he was not to blame for the Clemson fiasco. My problem is that I don't see much progression at this point.  In fact, I thought he took a step back against Florida Atlantic.  Obviously, I'm not saying to bench him.  He has the most experience and Gus is more comfortable with him at the helm, but my question is what's his ceiling? 

If the the ceiling is relatively low, then maybe we do bring in Frazier a bit more throughout the season.  If the season turns south early, I would bite the bullet and throw Frazier in the fire to let him grow.  If what I've been hearing is true, Frazier is going to be a monster at QB. 

But at the moment, I think the coaches are doing the right thing.

Archived