Women's Coaching Search

around4ever

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see us go after Kim Mulkey

Baylor is #1 at the moment, will probably win the tournament, and will be #1 next year. Why, oh why, would she leave Baylor and come to Auburn or anywhere else at this time? ........................crickets,crickets.......... :dunno:

Where did I say she would? ........................crickets,crickets.......... :dunno:

I just said I'd love for us to go after her.

Ok, then. Let's waste a lot of time and money and go after Kim Mulkey.

:-\

Again, who said we are?

Read the initial question again. I'll highlight the part you're having trouble with.

Does anybody have a few names that 1. Auburn might be looking at or 2. you would like to see Auburn go after? I don't know of anyone, but I say we get Geno from Uconn.... :dunno:   :wareagle:

I'm addressing the second part of the question, the whom I would like to see Auburn go after part. 

She is a great coach and a wonderful person, I've met her several times, that said she's not leaving Baylor. However, that does not diminish the fact that I would still love it if she was our new coach.  What in the world is wrong with saying that?  More appropriately, why is it so irksome to you? :dunno:

Sensitive, Big Bird is a little defensive.

:laugh:    34 posts and nearly every one of them is argumentative ... yet you accuse someone else of being sensitive???

"With that said it seems some wanted CNF to stay simply because she is female."

I don't see where anyone said anything of this kind on this thread. This seems to be YOUR problem. Get over it.

"but if a male coach had produced the same numbers I wonder how many would come to his defense.".... I KNOW this wasn't suppose to be your point because the discussion was about recruiting, and records, and the past, and the next hire,etc., right? So why make such an unprompted sexist statement? Oh, I forgot you said "It doesn't matter to me".

I'm outta this stuff. :banghead:

You really need to get over yourself. If you look at any of the post on any of the Fortner resigns thread you will see all kinds of comments like "I wish she would stay, she's really pretty", or "she sure is nice to look at". There are some sexist comments if you want to jump on someone. If it makes you feel better I would rather the next women's coach be female because I feel they could relate to the players better.

I suggest that you read from the beginning because from your statements it is clear that you do not understand.

I like how you tell Bird he's sensitive and defensive, then you post this. :rolleyes:

I suggest you read this post I'm posting in response to you.

You claim bird is being defensive in one search thread.

You claim others are being somewhat sexist in this one.

The irony of you identifying traits in others you possess yourself is overwhelming.

Completely uninterested in your posts and perspective. Have a nice day.

1. "but if a male coach had produced the same numbers I wonder how many would come to his defense."....

2. "With that said it seems some wanted CNF to stay simply because she is female."

There were no comments made to solicite either of these statement which were made during our discussions. So, it appears to some that it is okay to make off handed smart remarks but if anyone replies in kind then they become the bad guy. Everyone pretty much agrees about Nell's nice qualities. I don't know who would think it is sexist to just to say someone is pretty or nice. You are jumping to a conclusion and completely missing the point.

Here are 5 questions for anyone still reading this thread to think about if they wish. No prizes awarded for the correct answers.

1. Why did Ladytigr post this response to  gAUlf "Maybe JJ will hire a male and that will make you even more hopeful"?

2. gAUlf said, "With that said it seems some wanted CNF to stay simply because she is female."  Who can identify one person or "some" who ever mentioned CNF should stay because she is a female?

3. Is telling tiger an armchair psychiatrist? Good, or Bad?

4. Does the word sexist cause some people to lose the ability to read and comprehend? 

5. Is Ladytigr married with 2 children and a friend of Joe Ciampi?

Baylor is #1 at the moment, will probably win the tournament, and will be #1 next year. Why, oh why, would she leave Baylor and come to Auburn or anywhere else at this time? ........................crickets,crickets.......... :dunno:

Plus she makes over 1mil from what I understand. I doubt very seriously Auburn is willing to fork over that kind of money when Barbee isn't making much more than that.

Thank you. This is serious business.

1. "but if a male coach had produced the same numbers I wonder how many would come to his defense."....

2. "With that said it seems some wanted CNF to stay simply because she is female."

There were no comments made to solicite either of these statement which were made during our discussions. So, it appears to some that it is okay to make off handed smart remarks but if anyone replies in kind then they become the bad guy. Everyone pretty much agrees about Nell's nice qualities. I don't know who would think it is sexist to just to say someone is pretty or nice. You are jumping to a conclusion and completely missing the point.

Here are 5 questions for anyone still reading this thread to think about if they wish. No prizes awarded for the correct answers.

1. Why did Ladytigr post this response to  gAUlf "Maybe JJ will hire a male and that will make you even more hopeful"?

2. gAUlf said, "With that said it seems some wanted CNF to stay simply because she is female."  Who can identify one person or "some" who ever mentioned CNF should stay because she is a female?

4. Does the word sexist cause some people to lose the ability to read and comprehend? 

1. Not sure? Because your feelings were hurt maybe? Because you are still completely missing the point?

2. You know what SEEMS means right? It was the opinion I formed when reading some of the comments. I'm not the only one. I never said someone stated "I think Nell Fortner should stay because she is female" You, for some reason, decided to turn in into a male/female thing

3. Never asked him, I'll get back to you

4. Maybe. Quite possibly. Your comprehension skills seem to be lacking after you used the word

5. Not sure how that is relevant in anyway. I've meet CGC and CTT, have both of their phone numbers, blah blah..it doesn't earn me any cool points or make any of my points valid/invalid.

1. Not sure? Because your feelings were hurt maybe? Because you are still completely missing the point?

2. You know what SEEMS means right? It was the opinion I formed when reading some of the comments. I'm not the only one. I never said someone stated "I think Nell Fortner should stay because she is female" You, for some reason, decided to turn in into a male/female thing

4. Maybe. Quite possibly. Your comprehension skills seem to be lacking after you used the word

5. Not sure how that is relevant in anyway. I've meet CGC and CTT, have both of their phone numbers, blah blah..it doesn't earn me any cool points or make any of my points valid/invalid.

You have CGC's and CTT's phone numbers?  You're my new hero, gAUlf!  ;D

I come from a long line of armchair psychiatrists, shadetree mechanics, and Monday morning quarterbacks.  (TT, feel free to use that line in a song.  ;) )

Where did I say she would? ........................crickets,crickets.......... :dunno:

I just said I'd love for us to go after her.

Ok, then. Let's waste a lot of time and money and go after Kim Mulkey.

:-\

Again, who said we are?

Read the initial question again. I'll highlight the part you're having trouble with.

Does anybody have a few names that 1. Auburn might be looking at or 2. you would like to see Auburn go after? I don't know of anyone, but I say we get Geno from Uconn.... :dunno:   :wareagle:

I'm addressing the second part of the question, the whom I would like to see Auburn go after part. 

She is a great coach and a wonderful person, I've met her several times, that said she's not leaving Baylor. However, that does not diminish the fact that I would still love it if she was our new coach.  What in the world is wrong with saying that?  More appropriately, why is it so irksome to you? :dunno:

Sensitive, Big Bird is a little defensive.

:laugh:    34 posts and nearly every one of them is argumentative ... yet you accuse someone else of being sensitive???

:laugh: :laugh: good one

1. Wrong, clueless answer

2. Wrong, incomplete answer, who other than you

3. Wrong, incomplete, I can't believe you don't know

4. Wrong, incomplete, intended for the people who read it of course

5. Wrong, no answer, it went right over your head.

Why in the world are you still responding?

I don't have to be an armchair psychiatrist to point out the glaringly obvious. You are hilariously the most defensive of all. Rage on, it makes me laugh.

Stir the pot, Stir the pot

I don't have to be an armchair psychiatrist to point out the glaringly obvious. You are hilariously the most defensive of all. Rage on, it makes me laugh.

Stir the pot, Stir the pot

More self awareness? Good for you. :laugh:

Who is asking the argumentative questions on this thread because they didn't like my comments?  Good grief. People go back and forth on this message board all the time. Just read the football posts for goodness sake. There is no need to be so sensitive. I missed the memo that we are not to challenge or question the Bird. :o

1. Wrong, clueless answer

2. Wrong, incomplete answer, who other than you

3. Wrong, incomplete, I can't believe you don't know

4. Wrong, incomplete, intended for the people who read it of course

5. Wrong, no answer, it went right over your head.

Why in the world are you still responding?

I guess because you asked a question.  ;D

I'm sorry you have taken things too personally and your comprehension...well, nvm. I've lost interest in this pointless debate. It's irrelevant now, CNF has resigned. Obviously she thought as the majority did that it was time for a change. But good luck with all your future arguments and God bless.

You have tried unsuccessfully to deflect from the specific statements I called you out on by making other remarks which would make someone coming on to the board believe I had said things I did not. That is why I wanted people to read the whole thing. You started it with your comments and then attacked me when called out. Our armchair psychiatrist can define deflection, I'm sure. You are the one who was sensitive when confronted not by a question but by a comment I made to a comment YOU made. Good Luck and Bless you

Ah how sweet to win a six pack of imported beer, because I knew you wouldn't be able to resist coming back to this thread to stir yet again.

What you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying. That doesn't stop you from pointing yourself out in others. Deflection? You fancy yourself a master. Mehhhh, not so much true though.

I suppose the master would be you. Your spout of being socially liberal broke down as false the minute you made your alignment with gAUlf. You are uninterested in my posts and perspective and yet here you are.  Drink the beer and elevate your grandiosity. Toast!

Well alrighty then.  :laugh: As an innocent bystander, I'd just like to say this thread has been quite entertaining. Much more so than its original intent. I'd also like to point out that I'm going to try and stay on all ya'lls good side... I can't compete. Ha!  :thumbsup:

I suppose the master would be you. Your spout of being socially liberal broke down as false the minute you made your alignment with gAUlf. You are uninterested in my posts and perspective and yet here you are.  Drink the beer and elevate your grandiosity. Toast!

Archived