Women's Coaching Search

around4ever

What is argumentative?  Is it me asking you why my opinion is irksome to you?  If so, then go look up the definition of argumentative, 'cause that certainly wasn't.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well alrighty then.  :laugh: As an innocent bystander, I'd just like to say this thread has been quite entertaining. Much more so than its original intent. I'd also like to point out that I'm going to try and stay on all ya'lls good side... I can't compete. Ha!  :thumbsup:

This is almost as fun as watching rasslin'!

Are bird and golf asleep...what's going on here? 

• 2 weeks later...

Any rumors out there for the new coach? Hopefully whoever it is their in the big tourney

of course there is!!!!  per the above posts, bird and ladytigr have agreed that mulkey WILL be our next coach!  bird thanks for taking one for the team.  you. da. bird!

Any rumors out there for the new coach? Hopefully whoever it is their in the big tourney

of course there is!!!!  per the above posts, bird and ladytigr have agreed that mulkey WILL be our next coach!  bird thanks for taking one for the team.  you. da. bird!

:laugh: :laugh:

I suppose the master would be you. Your spout of being socially liberal broke down as false the minute you made your alignment with gAUlf. You are uninterested in my posts and perspective and yet here you are.  Drink the beer and elevate your grandiosity. Toast!

Wow. You just don't want to make any friends, do you?

You know, I hardly ever venture away from the football and recruiting boards. That's where most of the traffic is, and thus that is where the most moderation is needed. Because of that, I didn't stumble upon any of this until tonight, and as such, I read all of it. From the beginning. Of both this and the other thread where you were making far too much out of a comment Bird made. I might get to that in a minute, but for now, I'm just going to stick to this thread.

So here are your questions, and since you posed them to anyone who was still reading, here are the answers:

1. Why did Ladytigr post this response to  gAUlf "Maybe JJ will hire a male and that will make you even more hopeful"?

Because you are sexist against men and cannot understand that men would not be sexist against women.

2. gAUlf said, "With that said it seems some wanted CNF to stay simply because she is female."  Who can identify one person or "some" who ever mentioned CNF should stay because she is a female?

Well, off the top of my head, auburn4ever made a comment about wishing she would have stayed because she's attractive. While you wouldn't be included in the "some" he was referring to because you didn't really let your opinion be known until afterward, I would say that you are probably far more defensive of her because she is female, based on the way you've attacked any poster who even gave the slightest indication that sex was an issue.

3. Is telling tiger an armchair psychiatrist? Good, or Bad?

Actually, no, he's an armchair psychologist. If he were an armchair psychiatrist, he would just be telling us to go to the hall closet and get pills. Psychologists do more of the talking through problems and such.

4. Does the word sexist cause some people to lose the ability to read and comprehend?

I'm sure it does, but I'm not one of them, and I wouldn't ascribe the condition to anyone on here...except, perhaps, you. As soon as gender could possibly be made into an issue, even though no one else had made it one, you jumped in with your comment about how the poster would be happier if it were a guy who was hired rather than a woman.

5. Is Ladytigr married with 2 children and a friend of Joe Ciampi?

I have no idea. Nor does it have any relevance to this discussion. Knowing someone in the profession does not make you an expert thereof.

:laugh: I cringed when I saw this thread was back at the top. About 2 weeks too late red but I guess better late than never. :thumbsup:

You have tried unsuccessfully to deflect from the specific statements I called you out on by making other remarks which would make someone coming on to the board believe I had said things I did not. That is why I wanted people to read the whole thing. You started it with your comments and then attacked me when called out. Our armchair psychiatrist can define deflection, I'm sure. You are the one who was sensitive when confronted not by a question but by a comment I made to a comment YOU made. Good Luck and Bless you

By the way, when gAUlf made that comparison between Ciampi and Fortner, he was actually responding to the comparison AU64 made between the same two coaches. His point was that Ciampi might not have done any better than Fortner in the last half dozen years, as suggested by AU64, but Ciampi had success prior to that stretch that validated his tenure. There was no mention of gender having anything whatsoever to do with that from AU64 OR gAUlf.

Before telling others to read the whole thing, you might want to do so yourself.

:laugh: I cringed when I saw this thread was back at the top. About 2 weeks too late red but I guess better late than never. :thumbsup:

I haven't even been to this board in about two months, maybe longer. I didn't find out about Fortner resigning until a few hours ago (which is why I came to this board in the first place)...between having no cable connection and not keeping up too closely with basketball (at least, not since Doc, Scottie, Chris, and Mamadou left), the news slipped past me...and even though I noticed the date on the time stamp, I just couldn't let it pass. Maybe I should have, I don't know, but...

You have tried unsuccessfully to deflect from the specific statements I called you out on by making other remarks which would make someone coming on to the board believe I had said things I did not. That is why I wanted people to read the whole thing. You started it with your comments and then attacked me when called out. Our armchair psychiatrist can define deflection, I'm sure. You are the one who was sensitive when confronted not by a question but by a comment I made to a comment YOU made. Good Luck and Bless you

By the way, when gAUlf made that comparison between Ciampi and Fortner, he was actually responding to the comparison AU64 made between the same two coaches. His point was that Ciampi might not have done any better than Fortner in the last half dozen years, as suggested by AU64, but Ciampi had success prior to that stretch that validated his tenure. There was no mention of gender having anything whatsoever to do with that from AU64 OR gAUlf.

Before telling others to read the whole thing, you might want to do so yourself.

so what you are saying is that it is all AU64's fault?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Well alrighty then.  :laugh: As an innocent bystander, I'd just like to say this thread has been quite entertaining. Much more so than its original intent. I'd also like to point out that I'm going to try and stay on all ya'lls good side... I can't compete. Ha!  :thumbsup:

no one is truly an innocent bystander in such important internet message board "tit for tat"!!!  (holy cow, i said "tit for tat" - am i being sexist??? - of course tattoos for _____ ... oh, nevermind)  sorry i got off track there for a minute!  NoAL ... i have included the following little diddy for those who have read this thread, which made their eyes bleed ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3MiD_U4CHQ

(btw ... crap ... i did it again ... did you know what the google definitions of diddy is - diddy —n , pl -dies. dialect a female breast or nipple. [C18: from titty, diminutive of tit ²]. Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition ...

I must be sexist ... i always thought a diddy was a short song, or was that ditty, or ...  now i am confused.  must be a man thing ...

I expect that's true...sometimes I just can't help it.  :tease:

By the way...any word from anywhere on the new coach?

I expect that's true...sometimes I just can't help it.  :tease:

By the way...any word from anywhere on the new coach?

Nope I ask the same question yesterday on another thread.

Well golf, if no one answers you the search must be in super-secret mode.

Do you think we will have a women's basketball team next season?

Where are all the debbies and nancys moaning about what this coaching vacancy must be doing to

our recruiting?

:)

My wife runs a small in home child care business. The last three to four pages of this thread reminded me of the the pre-school kids when they get in an argument. After the first round of inane comments an Adult would have dropped out of the conversation a young child would have insisted on the last word. Apparently we have a few young lads and lasses posting on this board.

If my above comment offends some of those acting like young children I am sorry. If you reply back to this comment I will act like an Adult and ignore it.

Now to get back to the original Post.  Does anybody know if we have a list of possible coaching candidates and if we do can you let us know who they are?

My wife runs a small in home child care business. The last three to four pages of this thread reminded me of the the pre-school kids when they get in an argument. After the first round of inane comments an Adult would have dropped out of the conversation a young child would have insisted on the last word. Apparently we have a few young lads and lasses posting on this board.

If my above comment offends some of those acting like young children I am sorry. If you reply back to this comment I will act like an Adult and ignore it.

Now to get back to the original Post.  Does anybody know if we have a list of possible coaching candidates and if we do can you let us know who they are?

hmmmm?!?!?! (i kid, i kid!)

I keep telling bird he needs a sarcasm emoticom....some people just don't seem to get it. 

Meanwhile, I appreciate that someone would even consider that I might be a young lad or lass....boy those days were a long time ago.  Thanks for the compliment though....and no need for a response. :)

I keep telling bird he needs a sarcasm emoticom....some people just don't seem to get it. 

Meanwhile, I appreciate that someone would even consider that I might be a young lad or lass....boy those days were a long time ago.  Thanks for the compliment though....and no need for a response. :)

Alright, see if this helps

Do not.

Archived