2013 4* DE Tashawn Bower (LSU signee)

kkolumbo

I've heard he's been wavering in his commitment to Auburn. Not sure who's top on his list now.

I'm pretty sure its a UF and AU battle.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard he's been wavering in his commitment to Auburn. Not sure who's top on his list now.

I'm pretty sure its a UF and AU battle.

You are correct sir.

Some have said if we get Daniel we miss on Bower. If we miss on Daniel then Bower stays. If that is correct it sounds good for the good guys either way!

If somebody is that uncertain about his ability to compete, not sure how much success he'll have. No matter what major college he attends there will be tough competition.

Can't believe you guys are still stuck with that "commit" language. He's not committed to Auburn in any real sense because he hasn't insisted on that commitment since the new staff came in. I bet the coaches don't consider him "committed."

Some have said if we get Daniel we miss on Bower. If we miss on Daniel then Bower stays. If that is correct it sounds good for the good guys either way!

If somebody is that uncertain about his ability to compete, not sure how much success he'll have. No matter what major college he attends there will be tough competition.

You know I get this argument an I understand how competition breeds success. However, I fully understand why kids would take this into factor. In football everything is subjective when it comes to who to start (just look at our QB's last year). So possibly a player is confident he is better than another player but is concerned the coaches won't will still split the playing time for some reason. (although with our d line they rotate frequently anyways) just a thought

You know I get this argument an I understand how competition breeds success. However, I fully understand why kids would take this into factor. In football everything is subjective when it comes to who to start (just look at our QB's last year). So possibly a player is confident he is better than another player but is concerned the coaches won't will still split the playing time for some reason. (although with our d line they rotate frequently anyways) just a thought

He has to understand that we are losing a total of 4 DEs after next year (we already lost 1 of them to the NFL) leaving us only 5 after next year, including Lawson. Two more, Bower and Daniels, won't be too crowded at all. He also has no guarantee that any team he is on won't sign the next all world DE in '14. Hopefully he thought this all thru and signs with us instead of UF but in general the pull from Florida for NJ and NY peeps (vacations, retirement, etc) is pretty strong so we will see.

Hopefully he thought this all thru and signs with us instead of UF but in general the pull from Florida for NJ and NY peeps (vacations, retirement, etc) is pretty strong so we will see.

Auburn is closer to the REAL Florida Beaches (Destin) than Gainsville. They don't call it "The Swamp" for nothing!!

War Eagle - come on down!!

At this hour he has kept his commitment to AU from when he first madet it. He just finished at his own expense a trip to Auburn when he didn't have to. The Daniels or Bower talk is not correct. Daniels is more of a replacement for Dee Liner. And from the twitter world.......

Cameron Toney@CToney47

@_NoFlyZoneMelt @MRSUPER6A @CarlCarltp @Tashawn_Bower @rudythebeast5 its bout that time. Time is ticking. #WDE #NSD

That is ^ Melton ^ Johnson ^Lawson ^Bower ^ Ford

At this hour he has kept his commitment to AU from when he first madet it. He just finished at his own expense a trip to Auburn when he didn't have to. The Daniels or Bower talk is not correct. Daniels is more of a replacement for Dee Liner. And from the twitter world.......

Cameron Toney@CToney47

@_NoFlyZoneMelt @MRSUPER6A @CarlCarltp @Tashawn_Bower @rudythebeast5 its bout that time. Time is ticking. #WDE #NSD

That is ^ Melton ^ Johnson ^Lawson ^Bower ^ Ford

:hellyeah::hellyeah::hellyeah::hellyeah::hellyeah::hellyeah:

Hopefully he thought this all thru and signs with us instead of UF but in general the pull from Florida for NJ and NY peeps (vacations, retirement, etc) is pretty strong so we will see.

Auburn is closer to the REAL Florida Beaches (Destin) than Gainsville. They don't call it "The Swamp" for nothing!!

War Eagle - come on down!!

That's true, lol. ;D

Why is Bower having an announcement if he is already "committed" to Auburn? Honest question, and forgive me if this has already been answered. WDE

Because there's a pretty good chance he's heading to Florida.

In the last few minutes I read posts that had Daniel as a slight lean to Ole Miss and Bower to UF. Just curious.

Well as of now bower is still committed a d I think Daniel is actually more pro auburn then he's letting know right now

I also just read a post that Bower is a lean to UF.

He can lean any way he wants as long as he falls AU. http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20130205/ARTICLES/130209817/1136?p=1&tc=pg Two different predictions from their experts.

Abolverdi’s picks

Tashawn Bower, DE — Bower has been a soft verbal to the Tigers since December and did not shore up his pledge during his visit to The Plains over the weekend. Bower says he’s down to Auburn and Florida, but why have an announcement when you claim to still be committed? Will Muschamp was the last coach to have an in-home visit with him, and I think he flips a defensive end on signing day for the second straight year. Prediction: Florida.

Andreu’s picks

Tashawn Bower, DE — With the coaching change at Auburn, Bower backed out of his solid verbal commitment to the Tigers, but has insisted that he remains a soft AU commitment even though he’s visited other schools, including Florida. Bower said he grew up a Gator fan. Lately, it seems that those long-time UF fans have ended up elsewhere. Bower will be no different. Prediction: Auburn.

Archived