PSU SANCTIONS AND PATERNO

Elephant Tipper

Is the coverup by the PSU admisitration of the Sandusky matter Lack of Institutional Control?   

134 members have voted

1. 1. Is the coverup by the PSU admisitration of the Sandusky matter Lack of Institutional Control?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that didn't take long.  After all the protesting started you knew it was coming down.

Edit: Wonder what the vote count was?

Guest JNieder51188

i think that's one good resolution. they should remove his presence from the campus and the football program along with all the other people who knew for so long. the institution will be punished enough after the suits, no need to punish new coaches and players

pathetic stretch for relavancy.

Should have come down already! WTH they waiting on?

Probably weighing their options on how much donor money they will lose if they take it down. I agree that it should already be down. FSU lost a lot of donor money when they got rid of Bobby. Much different situation I know, but FSU is hurting financially now and I am sure PSU is considering that side of the equation.

The spineless administration at PSU probably released this rumor to see what the local public reaction would be.  The reaction from many dumba-- students was to protest the decision.  So the administration says there was not a vote because they are still afraid to do the right thing. 

Every movement the PSU admin is going to make will be dissected to no end, as it should be.

For the most part, the statue deal is just symbolism, it needs to be done, but they have MUCH bigger issues staring them in the face right now.

I'm thinking if they have issues taking a statue down, the real hard changes are going to be even tougher. They do not need to make surface changes, they need to be core deep and they do not need to take 5 years to do it either.

I'm all for free speech and the students have a right to speak their mind, but if their mind supports Paterno, sports isn't the largest problem they have.

Joe Pa was a football legend.  He was one of the greatest coaches ever to stalk a college sideline.  I understand this and I hate to see is legacy tarnished.  BUT, he made the decision to turn away; to not follow up; to not fire the SOB on the spot; to not take him to the police.  And he made these decisions multiple times, not just once.  Do the students who are doing this not understand the breadth of these decisions made by Joe Pa?  If he was still alive he would be going to prison just like the rest of the PSU leaders will be doing.  Let go.   

Joe Pa was a football legend.  He was one of the greatest coaches ever to stalk a college sideline.  I understand this and I hate to see is legacy tarnished.  BUT, he made the decision to turn away; to not follow up; to not fire the SOB on the spot; to not take him to the police.  And he made these decisions multiple times, not just once.  Do the students who are doing this not understand the breadth of these decisions made by Joe Pa?  If he was still alive he would be going to prison just like the rest of the PSU leaders will be doing.  Let go.   

His legacy abruptly changed in a nightmarish way and some PSU folks are having a hard time coming to terms with that.

This really is hard to comprehend. Just doesn't seem real how so many so called mature grown men really %$#up

My hunch is that in the beginning no one knew who the victim was and didn't want to know.  The people involved at PSU hoped they could talk to Sandusky, get assurances that this was the end of any of that, and that Sandusky's retirement would be the end of it.  That was a bad plan but it got worse when Sandusky realized they couldn't turn him in and had to protect him or ignore what he was doing.

If it had came out originally, Paterno probably wouldn't have lasted as PSU's hc for all those years.  Same for the prez, vp, and ad as well.  That might have had something to do with their original decision.  Now about that prosecutor(?) that disappeared... that is still a big luggie hanging out there.

Probably weighing their options on how much donor money they will lose if they take it down. I agree that it should already be down. FSU lost a lot of donor money when they got rid of Bobby. Much different situation I know, but FSU is hurting financially now and I am sure PSU is considering that side of the equation.

You are probably right, but they won't have any money once the civil suits get rolling. I just can't understand why the remaining people in power at POSU have not taken a stand for what is right things to do. There still seems to be some slime-y-ness to situation still. Take a stand do the right thing, and move on. Court of public opinion may shift to their side if they would just say and do some of the things they need to do begin to rid themselves from this mess!

I say dig his dead ass up and hang him next to Sandusky.  I have no compassion or mercy for those who harm children OR allow children to be harmed!

The prosecutor's name is Ray Gricar. There are many people who still think he  chose to just walk away from his life I don't see it as that simple.The computer issue is intriguing in light of what we now know about Jerry Sandusky. I can't help but think it was all connected.

Everything about this scandal is so disturbing. I cannot understand why anyone would object to taking that statue down. It no longer represents greatness. It represents false pride, cowardice, corruption,selfishness, and a complete lack of compassion for those helpless children.

Drag that statue down to the recycling center and eventually make something useful out of it, because that statue is useless!

Poetic justice if the statue is hollow!

Or the players who earned those W's.

^^^ This^^^^

It is just plain wrong to punish the players for something they had no control over AND when what happened in no way gave them or the team any kind of actual or potential competitive advantage.

The NCAA can do anything they want, right?  Why can't they take the wins away from Paterno's record from the time he first knew of these horrendous crimes to his last game.  Don't strip the wins from the team, just from his record.  He can not remain as the coach with the most wins because he is the biggest loser of all.

The NCAA can do anything they want, right?  Why can't they take the wins away from Paterno's record from the time he first knew of these horrendous crimes to his last game.  Don't strip the wins from the team, just from his record.  He can not remain as the coach with the most wins because he is the biggest loser of all.

This ↑↑↑  - which is what the city requested..... that the college governing body (NCAA) vacate some of Joe Paterno’s record 409 Division I victories. 

To a simple country boy, never was there a truer (and more easily noted) case of "Lack of  Institution Control" than this.  The NCAA does not have to punish the players or school in one fell-swoop in order to achieve re-control.  Rather it might be more fitting for institutions (and coaches) to see even the most honored of legacy can be tarnished, if the truth of their actions becomes later known. 

The price is paid both ways when assuming power, for with it comes a responsibly to use such power wisely and ethically.  And a pattern of neglect and disregard for the lives of young men outside of his football program, in favor for those inside the program is not the action of a great man.  Unfortunately Mr Peterno forfeited his legacy a long time ago.  For if the latest revelations are true, he may have had nearly three decades to undo, stop, or rectify the wrongs he allowed to continue n the first place.  With but a word to the 'right' person.... public defender... or policeman.  He by his actions tore his own legacy apart, and all that remains is to see if more heads will fail to use their power wisely.

Archived