2014 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/14/14)

WarEagleAU

Precciate all you do but I differ significantly on some of these.

-The staff promised Roc when he committed that we are only taking him and Pettway at RB. Even though Tony James is an Athlete he is not a take because Roc would see it as us going back on the deal with him. We are looking for 1 more slot but it's not a small slot like James. It's a big slot WR. So basically is pointless right now to say Auburn is his leader. Same applies to Darrell Williams. We have stopped recruiting both players for the time being.

On Andrew Williams right now it's a 3 team battle with us, Clemson, and Ole Miss.

I didn't say Auburn is the 'leader' for both guys. You are correct about the latest on both but just wait until NSD and maybe extra spot as slot or backup plan. We are done recruiting at RB (I did put 'DONE' on position need).

Thanks for your note on Andrew Williams.

Sorry. I used the wrong word. I would not even say battle til the staff decides to recruit them again but I am moving on from it.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-The staff promised Roc when he committed that we are only taking him and Pettway at RB. Even though Tony James is an Athlete he is not a take because Roc would see it as us going back on the deal with him. We are looking for 1 more slot but it's not a small slot like James. It's a big slot WR. So basically is pointless right now to say Auburn is his leader. Same applies to Darrell Williams. We have stopped recruiting both players for the time being.

On Andrew Williams right now it's a 3 team battle with us, Clemson, and Ole Miss.

I didn't say Auburn is the 'leader' for both guys. You are correct about the latest on both but just wait until NSD and maybe extra spot as slot or backup plan. We are done recruiting at RB (I did put 'DONE' on position need).

Thanks for your note on Andrew Williams.

Sorry. I used the wrong word. I would not even say battle til the staff decides to recruit them again but I am moving on from it.

Agreed. I'm glad Auburn got Thomas and Pettway on their board. WE!

Well I just hope in his own mind that goes both ways.

Fixed:

-Added Clemson/Ole Miss on Andrew Williams' battle

-Move James/Williams to WR list (as ATH *speed slot*)

-Added Auburn on Lambert' battle

-Updated on WR position needs

-Cory Thomas moved to DT (profile added)

Me too. We don't necessarily need Roc but I hope a guy who likely coerced a promise like that sticks.

Me too. We don't necessarily need Roc but I hope a guy who likely coerced a promise like that sticks.

Same here. I normally do not like to hear from a recruit that we promised such a thing. In Roc's case it's a little different in that the promise is likely to be a big reason we got his commitment over bammer. Also he is good enough to back up such an agreement. Most players seeking such promises are often not wanting to compete with anyone for PT IMO.

247 position rank updated -

Lambert is #1 JUCO SDE now. (was #2)

Cory Thomas and Stanton Truitt moves up about 20-25 spots.

Simmons and Wilson committed to UF yesterday or today. Man, we've got work to do on the DL ( I'd rather CRG coach than recruit right now though), Also, Lambert to utk (that one hurts).

Updated (8/13/13):

OL Joshua Casher - Added Auburn to battle.

LB Shaun Hamilton's profile added.

Removed:

CB/S Quincy Wilson commits to Florida.

CB Chris Lammons commits to Florida.

DL Davonte Lambert commits to Tennessee. (still recruiting him)

DT needs updated

Sorry if already mentioned, but...

EagleDamnWar@EagleDamnWar10h

Interestingly, 7 recruiting analyst have changed prediction of former AU commit 4 star C Joshua Casher back to Auburn.

Posted in the Casher thread yesterday.

Already fixed. I think it is still Auburn/Alabama battle. I like AU's chances right now.

Simmons and Wilson committed to UF yesterday or today. Man, we've got work to do on the DL ( I'd rather CRG coach than recruit right now though), Also, Lambert to utk (that one hurts).

Yea, I hope CB Stephen Roberts flip to AU but longshot at moment. Cory Thomas is the guy to watch at DT and Shaw/Frazier still on board.

What are you talking about our 2013 class was just fine. We get the number one junior college running back in the nation followed by the number one safety out of junior college in three of the best defensive lineman out of high school so dude what are you talking about.

What are you talking about our 2013 class was just fine. We get the number one junior college running back in the nation followed by the number one safety out of junior college in three of the best defensive lineman out of high school so dude what are you talking about.

King was not the #1 juco safety, not in terms of ratings anyway

Who the hell is Jamey Johnson?

Jeremy Johnson's Girlfriend?

or the country singer...?

As Shug would say.... "Your so right, Carl." From Enterprise, Al

second thread in a row I've looked at where you have taken one tiny snippet comment and made some over the top judgement about it. He never said anything poor about the 2013 class did he? Just that next years may be better. Then you make that kind of comment ... with misspelled names (in both threads).

Your a new poster right? Fairly low post count? Are you an auburn fan or fan of another school? Curious. I'm going to assume auburn fan.

Archived