2014 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/14/14)

WarEagleAU

With the firing of Manny Diaz at UT, somebody like Bonney might be flippable.

Yes if he was a primary target, but right now he is not.

Ok so what repercussions might there be?

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the firing of Manny Diaz at UT, somebody like Bonney might be flippable.

Yes if he was a primary target, but right now he is not.

Ok so what repercussions might there be?

aNone related to Auburn IMO.

Next year we will be fine. But if you look to 2015, Adams is the only name on your list that will still be here. You will also have Tyler Nero and JaBrain Niles, I'm not sure we know yet what we have in those guys. And my understanding is that the current commit is a bit of a project? Am I missing anyone else?

It seems to me if we don't get anyone else this class we will be asking true freshman to play significant minutes in 2015.

Bradley is a sophomore, because he redshirted one of his years in JUCO. And again, I do think it would be good to find another quality DT in this class...I just don't see it as being so vitally important. Having Adams and Bradley to start for the next three seasons means that the only real kicker is depth, and between Lawrence, Nero, and Niles, I think we can be alright. My point is that we are more developing quality depth along the defensive line than anything else...but of course, you can never have too much of that, hence the probability that we'll take a second DT.

The plan as of now is to take 3 DTs.

That doesn't really surprise me either. Like I said, you can never have too many athletic big men. I do find it interesting that we're planning to take 3, but then I guess we'll be signing the max amount this year, won't we?

I do find it interesting that we're planning to take 3, but then I guess we'll be signing the max amount this year, won't we?

For us, the max number is 28 assuming we can line up three early enrolee guys. I can't imagine AU signing fewer than 25 unless we simply can't get SEC quality players to sign with us.

I do find it interesting that we're planning to take 3, but then I guess we'll be signing the max amount this year, won't we?

For us, the max number is 28 assuming we can line up three early enrolee guys. I can't imagine AU signing fewer than 25 unless we simply can't get SEC quality players to sign with us.

Finding 3 EEs will not be an issue. We have 5 to 7 commits lined up for it now. Also the current projection is we sign 23-25.

Finding 3 EEs will not be an issue. We have 5 to 7 commits lined up for it now. Also the current projection is we sign 23-25.

Our current projections differ. Mine, garnered from common sense and experience, says we sign a minimum of 25 with up to 28 likely if we can entice 28 high quality players to sign with Auburn.

Our current projections differ. Mine, garnered from common sense and experience, says we sign a minimum of 25 with up to 28 likely if we can entice 28 high quality players to sign with Auburn.

Agree with Mickey on this one.

Mine comes from the staff. The staff would know more than you and I. I don't do my own projections on these things. I am just the messenger. If it were me I would only take 22.

Mine comes from the staff. The staff would know more than you and I. I don't do my own projections on these things. I am just the messenger. If it were me I would only take 22.

Not trying to start anything, just wondering why we should only take 22.

If it were me I would only take 22.

Because if we sign a full class this year we will not have any room to absorb attrition next year since we are graduating 25 scholly players and 25 is the signing limit if you sign the max of 25 the year before.

Because if we sign a full class this year we will not have any room to absorb attrition next year since we are graduating 25 scholly players and 25 is the signing limit if you sign the max of 25 the year before.

How many times do we have to go over this?? Looking at a two year cycle, assuming max signees (53) in each class (no matter the number per year) Auburn will have to have 10 players lost to attrition to be at the 85 player limit. It's a judgement call by the coaches based on how they think the "necessary" attrition will be "distributed".

It all boils down to what fat you think is on the team and the quality of recruits in each class and positions for your specific needs.

How many times do we have to go over this?? Looking at a two year cycle, assuming max signees (53) in each class (no matter the number per year) Auburn will have to have 10 players lost to attrition to be at the 85 player limit. It's a judgement call by the coaches based on how they think the "necessary" attrition will be "distributed".

It all boils down to what fat you think is on the team and the quality of recruits in each class and positions for your specific needs.

Agreed on this is overkill on going over it again but I was just answering subterranian's question since he apparently did not see that discussion before. We lose 7 a year to attrition at minimum. If you count Dhaquille Williams leaving after 1 and done then we aew losing 26 next year at minimum. We will need to sign a few under the max this year to be able to replace next year's seniors and attrition.

I was just answering subterranian's question since he apparently did not see that discussion before.

I know, it was more a response to pg 46 as a whole but just clicked the last post to quote.

FWIW, I agree. 22-23 in '14 and 31-30 in '15 (assuming max EEs to count back of course, another big if) is ideal.

Updated (9/19/13):

JUCO OL Jordan Prestwood added.

DE Lorenzo Carter move up from pipeline state prospects and profiles added. (Auburn's top priority).

WR Josh Malone removed (down to Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Georgia, Florida State and Clemson for OVs then final decision after OVs).

WR Travis Rudolph - Miami and Auburn added and battle with Florida and Florida State.

WR Jesse Jackson - Ole Miss and Auburn added and battle with Miss State.

WR Myles Autry move down to pipeline state prospects (He isn't a take for now).

OL Jordan Sims - Alabama removed (He isn't a take for Alabama).

DT Josh Frazier - Auburn, Texas A&M and Alabama added and battle with Arkansas.

DT Cory Thomas move down to in-state prospects (He isn't a take for now).

DE Dante Sawyer move down to pipeline state prospects (Strong South Carolina lean).

Updated (9/19/13):

JUCO OL Jordan Prestwood added.

DE Lorenzo Carter move up from pipeline state prospects and profiles added. (Auburn's top priority).

WR Josh Malone removed (down to Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Georgia, Florida State and Clemson for OVs then final decision after OVs).

WR Travis Rudolph - Miami and Auburn added and battle with Florida and Florida State.

WR Jesse Jackson - Ole Miss and Auburn added and battle with Miss State.

WR Myles Autry move down to pipeline state prospects (He isn't a take for now).

OL Jordan Sims - Alabama removed (He isn't a take for Alabama).

DT Josh Frazier - Auburn, Texas A&M and Alabama added and battle with Arkansas.

DT Cory Thomas move down to in-state prospects (He isn't a take for now).

DE Dante Sawyer move down to pipeline state prospects (Strong South Carolina lean).

Great job in keeping us current. Many thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Updated (10/4/13):

Position rankings updated.

Position needs:

WR from 2-3 to 3-4 (Top priority changed: Jackson and Burton)

TE from 2 to 2-3 (Top priority: Maybe Washington or Hutcherson)

OL from 3 to 3-4 (Top priority: Blair/Prestwood, Sims, Casher and Dampeer)

DT from 3 to 2-3

WR D'haquille Williams - changed from solid to soft verbal (LSU, USC, Texas and Florida State) per AUC.

WR Travis Rudolph - Miami removed and Ohio State & Tennessee added.

WR Jesse Jackson - commit date is on October 7th.

WR Myron Burton - profiles added.

OL Xavier Dampeer - profiles added.

DE Dante Sawyer - profiles added.

LB Shaun Hamilton - changed from solid to soft verbal (Auburn and Ole Miss) per Scout.

CB Stephen Roberts - changed from solid to soft verbal (Auburn) - 90% commitment with Bama per Rivals.

CB John Bonney - profiles added due to Mack Brown's hot seat.

S Ronnie Clark committed to Alabama; Auburn is still recruiting him but longshot for now.

S Cortez McDowell - profiles added.

FB Austin Mansell added (in-state prospect; possibility preferred walk-on).

Updated (10/4/13):

Position needs:

DT from 3 to 2-3

WR D'haquille Williams - changed from solid to soft verbal (LSU, USC, Texas and Florida State) per AUC.

LB Shaun Hamilton - changed from solid to soft verbal (Auburn and Ole Miss) per Scout.

CB Stephen Roberts - changed from solid to soft verbal (Auburn) - 90% commitment with Bama per Rivals.

S Ronnie Clark committed to Alabama; Auburn is still recruiting him but longshot for now.

Updated (10/4/13):

Position needs:

DT from 3 to 2-3

E, is that you? Serious?

Updated (10/8/13):

OL Xavier Dampeer commits to Auburn.

WR Jesse Jackson commits to Miss State (removed).

CB Lamont Simmons commits to Rutgers (removed).

CB John Bonney's verbal is soft --- Baylor is the team to watch.

S C.J. Hampton's verbal is soft --- Alabama is the team to watch.

S Ronnie Clark removed.

Added:

CB Wesley Green (Nick Ruffin says AU is recruiting him)

S Tez Parks

S Quade Alexander (Southern Miss commit)

Archived