2014 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/14/14)

WarEagleAU

Updated (8/16/13):

Elisha Shaw - added Auburn but still behind Georgia, Ole Miss and Alabama.

Joshua Casher - added Florida State.

Added S Nick Glass on pipeline state prospects.

Removed:

QB Deshaun Watson

RB Adam Choice

RB CJ Leggett

RB Tony James

RB Darrel Williams

WR Demarre Kitt

WR Jojo Robinson

WR Trevon Lee

WR Kendrick Holland

LB Vincent Jackson

LB Delinine Warren

CB Matthew Boatneg

S Tavon Ross

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you talking about our 2013 class was just fine. We get the number one junior college running back in the nation followed by the number one safety out of junior college in three of the best defensive lineman out of high school so dude what are you talking about.

second thread in a row I've looked at where you have taken one tiny snippet comment and made some over the top judgement about it. He never said anything poor about the 2013 class did he? Just that next years may be better. Then you make that kind of comment ... with misspelled names (in both threads).

Your a new poster right? Fairly low post count? Are you an auburn fan or fan of another school? Curious. I'm going to assume auburn fan.

He is a "Drive by" poster, he just clicks on any old thread and the first post he sees he attempts to dispell the statement. Only he is arguing an old statement with new information. I guess it makes sense in his world. You could ignore him but he get's so hostile!!

Updated (8/16/13):

Removed:

QB Deshaun Watson

RB Adam Choice

RB CJ Leggett

RB Tony James

RB Darrel Williams

WR Demarre Kitt

WR Jojo Robinson

WR Trevon Lee

WR Kendrick Holland

LB Vincent Jackson

LB Delinine Warren

CB Matthew Boatneg

S Tavon Ross

Just glancing at the ones you 86'd...I really liked Adam Choice and I think he liked us but I don't think he is a RB at AU, maybe slot? Anyway he and Kitt were two that I had hopes for at one time.

Clemson... :puke:

What are the odds that we back into picking up a Nick Glass were he to qualify? He could make the move to Star and we could sic' Ruffin on him to keep him in check.

Updated (8/16/13):

Removed:

QB Deshaun Watson

RB Adam Choice

RB CJ Leggett

RB Tony James

RB Darrel Williams

WR Demarre Kitt

WR Jojo Robinson

WR Trevon Lee

WR Kendrick Holland

LB Vincent Jackson

LB Delinine Warren

CB Matthew Boatneg

S Tavon Ross

Just glancing at the ones you 86'd...I really liked Adam Choice and I think he liked us but I don't think he is a RB at AU, maybe slot? Anyway he and Kitt were two that I had hopes for at one time.

Clemson... :puke:

Doubt with or without Chad Morris at Clemson.

Updated (8/18/13):

Removed

WR Trey Quinn (committed to LSU)

WR Cameron Sims (down to Bama & Ole Miss; will make his commitment on Aug. 24th)

Added

WR Demarcus Bingham

Updated (8/23/13):

Added:

DT Arthur Williams (Profiles)

New 4-stars (247 composite ONLY):

QB Sean White

LB Gavin Bryant

DT Braxton Hoyett (from 2-star to 3-star)

Rivals position rankings updated.

Stanton Truitt from 29 to 11 (+18)

Sean White from 22 to 10 (+12)

Travis Rudolph from 22 to 11 (+11)

Kamryn Pettway from 40 to 36 (+4)

Nick Ruffin from 30 to 26 (+4)

Rashaan Evans from 8 to 5 (+3)

Roc Thomas from 8 to 7 (+1)

Andrew Williams from 12 to 11 (+1)

Stephen Roberts from 14 to 13 (+1)

Joshua Casher from 1 to 2 (-1)

Justin Thornton from 8 to 9 (-1)

Deshaun Davis from 27 to 28 (-1)

Myles Autry from 41 to 42 (-1)

Jakell Mitchell from 19 to 21 (-2)

Ronnie Clark from 7 to 9 (-2)

Shaun Hamilton from 3 to 6 (-3)

Dante Sawyer from 9 to 14 (-5)

Jacory Washington from 2 to 9 (-7)

Gavin Bryant from 30 to NR

***NEW - Andrew Marshall from NR to 7

Same ranking - Elisha Shaw, Josh Frazier, Cory Thomas, Tre Williams, John Bonney, C.J. Hampton

Scout position rankings updated

Sean White from 59 to 46 (+13)

Cory Thomas from 50 to 39 (+11)

Travis Rudolph from 48 to 38 (+10)

John Bonney from 18 to 9 (+9)

Stephen Roberts from 36 to 29 (+7)

C.J. Hampton from 12 to 10 (+2)

Dante Sawyer from 29 to 27 (+2)

Lamont Simmons from 42 to 40 (+2)

Jakell Mitchell from 22 to 21 (+1)

Ronnie Clark from 8 to 7 (+1)

Myles Autry from 20 to 19 (+1)

Justin Thornton from 9 to 10 (-1)

Andrew Williams from 31 to 32 (-1)

Jacory Washington from 7 to 8 (-1)

Jordan Sims from 17 to 19 (-2)

Kamryn Pettway from 50 to 59 (-9)

Deshaun Davis from 29 to 29 (-10)

Stanton Truitt from 60 (CB) to 85 (WR) (-25)

***NEW - Chris Laye from NR to 51

***NEW - Rasshed Kennion from NR to 41

***NEW - Spencer Williams from NR to 133

ESPN position rankings updated

Joshua Frazier from 13 to 10 (+3)

Travis Rudolph from 9 to 7 (+2)

Rashaan Evans from 9 to 8 (+1)

Gavin Bryant from 11 to 10 (+1)

Justin Thornton from 14 to 15 (-1)

Jordan Sims from 14 to 15 (-1)

Andrew Williams from 15 to 17 (-2)

Andrew Marshall from 12 to 14 (-2)

Joshua Frazier from 20 to 22 (-2)

Lamont Simmons from 58 to 60 (-2)

Chris Laye from 31 to 37 (-6)

***NEW - Rasshed Kennion from NR to 100

***NEW - Spencer Williams from NR to 63

Added Deshaun Watson on pipeline state prospects list.

Truitt came close but he did not get a composite 4*. He has to get to .8900 He is at .8880

My bad. I was looking at 247 Actual rankings. :dead:

Updated (8/30/13):

Added:

WR Myron Burton

WR Jesse Jackson

WR Josh Malone

WR Charles Standberry

DT Kentavius Street

DE Lorenzo Featherston

LB E.J. Moss

CB Antreal Allen

DS Zach Wade

WR Travis Rudolph - Florida State added.

10:21 PM - DT Braxton Hoyett committed with Miss State but we are still recruiting him.

Based on what we've seen on the field so far, I'm thinking our distribution of remaining slots (11) should be: Offense- 2 ( 2 OL-Casher, Sims, or Blair) Defense - 9 ( 2 safeties-Hampton +1), ( 1 CB- Roberts ), (1LB- Evans), ( 2 DE - Featherston, Williams), ( 3 DT- Street, Frazier, Shaw). Assumes Clark is gone and 2 flips in Roberts and Hampton.

Based on what we've seen on the field so far, I'm thinking our distribution of remaining slots (11) should be: Offense- 2 ( 2 OL-Casher, Sims, or Blair) Defense - 9 ( 2 safeties-Hampton +1), ( 1 CB- Roberts ), (1LB- Evans), ( 2 DE - Featherston, Marshall), ( 3 DT- Street, Frazier, Shaw). Assumes Clark is gone and 2 flips in Roberts and Hampton.

Projections right now are we sign 1 more DE and 2 more DTs. Other than those differences I agree.

Based on what we've seen on the field so far, I'm thinking our distribution of remaining slots (11) should be: Offense- 2 ( 2 OL-Casher, Sims, or Blair) Defense - 9 ( 2 safeties-Hampton +1), ( 1 CB- Roberts ), (1LB- Evans), ( 2 DE - Featherston, Marshall), ( 3 DT- Street, Frazier, Shaw). Assumes Clark is gone and 2 flips in Roberts and Hampton.

No A Williams at DE? I though we were in good with him. Do you think there is any chance we sign all three of those OL? That be a tough decision to only pick 2 of them.

No A Williams at DE? I though we were in good with him. Do you think there is any chance we sign all three of those OL? That be a tough decision to only pick 2 of them.

We are in Andrew Williams top 3 with Clemson and Ole Miss so we have a real shot and yes we could easily sign all 3 OL. The Key there is Blair. Whether we sign him or not we will get a C and an OG.

Pops - did you get the Andrew's confused and mean to say Williams at DE instead of Marshall?

Pops - did you get the Andrew's confused and mean to say Williams at DE instead of Marshall?

Yes I did. Dementia is he!! Andrew Marshall committed to Ga. Tech today anyway. My post has been corrected. Thanks for pointing that out.

Projections right now are we sign 1 more DE and 2 more DTs. Other than those differences I agree.

Yes, E, I know. But my point in this post is that, based on last week's effort, we need to rethink that, and I believe they are. CRG is pushing this hard, I can assure you.

Yes, E, I know. But my point in this post is that, based on last week's effort, we need to rethink that, and I believe they are. CRG is pushing this hard, I can assure you.

I believe it. Most of our DLs are average at best.

We just need to get us 1 more "Adams" sooner rather than later and start getting them more and more if we want to get to the next level. The difference in the level of play between him and even Bradley to the DTs we already had here is striking.

Signing a large number of DTs doesn't make us stronger at the position. It's the quality. I'd be fine with one if he was like Adams.

Updated (9/8/13):

LB Shaun Hamilton (Profile added)

TE Darrion Hutcherson (Profile added)

Rashaan Evans moved to Safety as a Star Hybrid LB/S

C Andrew Marshall committed to Georgia Tech. (we are still recruiting him)

S John Bonney committed to Texas. (removed)

Added:

DT Jamiyus Pittman (Ole Miss commit)

S Cortez McDowell (Tennessee commit)

S Tavon Ross (Missouri commit)

WR Brian Clark

OG Jordan Sims added Florida in mix of battle.

With the firing of Manny Diaz at UT, somebody like Bonney might be flippable.

Yes if he was a primary target, but right now he is not.

Archived