NC Game Thread

PCBAuburnaFan

We will know in about 5 years

Yep. We will. I hope he does leave! lol. Good grief. He has a freaking machine that doesn't look to be slowing down anytime soon. They may not go undefeated every year but he can easily say his teams will be able to contend EVERY year for a NC. Every year! I hate it...but respect it.

Why respect it when there's pleanty of indications that the rules aren't followed in ttown?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy guys. Learn the word cyclical. They will figure them out, coaches leave, etc. Everything (especially football) is cyclical. It cant come around fast enough.

Wish you were right but that train is not slowing down for nothing! The man just won a NC and said he will be taking only two days off to enjoy it then it's back to work and turning to a new page. Next season begins in two days...which means in his eyes...the slate is wipped clean and it is like they won nothing in the last 48 hours. Good grief Nicky!

Yep. We will. I hope he does leave! lol. Good grief. He has a freaking machine that doesn't look to be slowing down anytime soon. They may not go undefeated every year but he can easily say his teams will be able to contend EVERY year for a NC. Every year! I hate it...but respect it.

Why respect it when there's pleanty of indications that the rules aren't followed in ttown?

You're probably correct, but who can/will do something about it?

Regardless, they are WELL coached & conditioned.

No one, as long as Saban's buddy runs the NCAA.

I agree they are well coached.

B/c i'm a fan of the game. Not defending them to any large degree but what rules are they not following? Have they been sanctioned and punished by the NCAA? Every major program are going to have some questionable things but last time i checked...the NCAA loves to plant themselves in Auburn for various questionable things. No we have not been proven to have done anything but can't the same be said for Bama? Auburn is not pure as snow.

I respect what the man is and has done...that's it. Sure he can be beat..it's been done but for a coach to have his team in contention for a NC every year...yea..i respect that. Not many programs can say that.

Exactly!

B/c i'm a fan of the game. Not defending them to any large degree but what rules are they not following? Have they been sanctioned and punished by the NCAA? Every major program are going to have some questionable things but last time i checked...the NCAA loves to plant themselves in Auburn for various questionable things. No we have not been proven to have done anything but can't the same be said for Bama? Auburn is not pure as snow.

I respect what the man is and has done...that's it. Sure he can be beat..it's been done but for a coach to have his team in contention for a NC every year...yea..i respect that. Not many programs can say that.

Could not agree with you more.

We sound like them when we call foul when none is proven. They are the best again for the 3rd year in 4, and we have taken steps to unthrown them. We are putting together the team and coaching staff that can beat them. And trust me, that is what the PTB at AU is thinking about. Take down the giant. Texas A&M did it this year, and we did it in 2010.

I agree. I'm not saying they are there because they cheat, though it probably sounds that way. They paid Saban a ton of money to come in and win and he's earned every dollar. But to say they do the same as every other school in breaking rules isn't accurate. TTMW, "house sitting", Yukons, sending recruits to more favorable academic schools, fishing trips, etc, and not one visit from the NCAA. However Auburn gets faced with a year of investigation because the booster of another school offered money to a recruit. The playing field is not level.

I agree. I'm not saying they are there because they cheat, though it probably sounds that way. They paid Saban a ton of money to come in and win and he's earned every dollar. But to say they do the same as every other school in breaking rules isn't accurate. TTMW, "house sitting", Yukons, sending recruits to more favorable academic schools, fishing trips, etc, and not one visit from the NCAA. However Auburn gets faced with a year of investigation because the booster of another school offered money to a recruit. The playing field is not level.

What proof do you have that these things took place? Not a written article but hard proof of those things? It's no different than the Cam speculation and crazy rumors we had. Articles and radio making wild accusations about Cam. Former players showing up on ESPN accusing us of things...but that didn't turn out to be ture but since Bama is our most hated rival the rumors have to be true about them and not us? How does that make sense? lol.

How is the playing field not leveled? We've had 3 top 10 classes the last 3 years and fielded a 3-9 team this year! lol. Simply having the #1 recruiting class doesn't guarantee a trip to the NC game. Even if Bama did do those things...the coaches still have to coach and develop the talent! We clearly proved in the last 3 or 4 years that you just can't simply go out and get superior talent and not be able to coach and develop it and expect to win. You did watch this season didn't you? Many of the guys we have...Bama, LSU, FL..etc wanted them too! They win NC's with average QBs at best...a position that touches the ball on every play and they only need for him to be smart..don't turn it over.

Could Bama have done those things...sure....the same could be said for Auburn! lol. I said that many big time programs are going to be accused and even commit some questionable things...many teams have reported themselves for secondary violations. Top football programs are going to get accused for cheating and/or not playing fair when it comes to recruiting or aquiring players b/c they consistently win. If you want to believe there is some sort of conspiracy with Bama and the NCAA..that's your opinion. Bottom line is everyone knows that questionable things can and are likely occur at major football programs. Auburn is no different. Sorry but it seems like your hate for Bama is blinding your common sense b/c there is nothing significant that proves other schools including Auburn don't have a level playing field to compete for NC's each year just like they do.

If the Ducks or K. State don't lose Bama is on the outside looking in. The Ducks are highly ranked and in contention year after year for a NC too. Are they providing an uneven playing field too?

What proof do you have that these things took place? Not a written article but hard proof of those things? It's no different than the Cam speculation and crazy rumors we had. Articles and radio making wild accusations about Cam. Former players showing up on ESPN accusing us of things...but that didn't turn out to be ture but since Bama is our most hated rival the rumors have to be true about them and not us? How does that make sense? lol.

How is the playing field not leveled? We've had 3 top 10 classes the last 3 years and fielded a 3-9 team this year! lol. Simply having the #1 recruiting class doesn't guarantee a trip to the NC game. Even if Bama did do those things...the coaches still have to coach and develop the talent! We clearly proved in the last 3 or 4 years that you just can't simply go out and get superior talent and not be able to coach and develop it and expect to win. You did watch this season didn't you? Many of the guys we have...Bama, LSU, FL..etc wanted them too! They win NC's with average QBs at best...a position that touches the ball on every play and they only need for him to be smart..don't turn it over.

Could Bama have done those things...sure....the same could be said for Auburn! lol. I said that many big time programs are going to be accused and even commit some questionable things...many teams have reported themselves for secondary violations. Top football programs are going to get accused for cheating and/or not playing fair when it comes to recruiting or aquiring players b/c they consistently win. If you want to believe there is some sort of conspiracy with Bama and the NCAA..that's your opinion. Bottom line is everyone knows that questionable things can and are likely occur at major football programs. Auburn is no different. Sorry but it seems like your hate for Bama is blinding your common sense b/c there is nothing significant that proves other schools including Auburn don't have a level playing field to compete for NC's each year just like they do.

If the Ducks or K. State don't lose Bama is on the outside looking in. The Ducks are highly ranked and in contention year after year for a NC too. Are they providing an uneven playing field too?

Well for starters there were plenty of pictures of them doing wrong, is that enough proof? I know Brent Calloway personally and I can tell u for a fact the way he was steered to bama was crooked

I HATE Bama just as much as any other Auburn fan but I do give credit where credit is do. I keep telling people that Bama is able to beat most teams without even stepping on the field and playing 1 minute or 1 second. How is that possible? It's primarily because of their S&C Program and discipline! Period! They have guys at EVERY position that are a freaking thoroughbreds. They start developing guys in the weight room first. Yea..every team does..but theirs is on another level! They have a system that's an well oiled machine. Take their RBs..their RBs are bigger, faster and stronger than many teams LB's...esp. ours. Yes they have very good players esp. on D...but no one stands out head and shoulders on offense. The OLine are the stars of the O. Other top teams recruit well just like Bama.

They out work teams in conditioning first and foremost which translates over to the field. Add in some discipline on both sides, good coaching and they just wear teams down. It's nothing fancy or spectacular about what they run on O or D. It doesn't matter what offense other teams run scheme wise....if they are not able to match up pound for pound with Bama...it will be a long hill to climb.

I got blasted on another board for questioning S&C Russell and making a S&C coach hire a big deal...nothing against the man...just hope he is up to the task b/c it starts with conditioning if you want to be competitive against Bama. However, with the hires we have on D...it makes me feel a little better but we have to focus on getting bigger, faster and stronger at EVERY position first and foremost..before we can worry about running any type of scheme.

Also helps to have a good PED program.

I HATE Bama just as much as any other Auburn fan but I do give credit where credit is do. I keep telling people that Bama is able to beat most teams without even stepping on the field and playing 1 minute or 1 second. How is that possible? It's primarily because of their S&C Program and discipline! Period!

This. And this is what made Nebraska in the 1980s such a powerhouse.

This feels like the late 1990's when McGuire, Bonds, and Sosa started hitting other-worldly amounts of home runs. Too good to be true it turns out. I don't have any proof of anything, but Saban has them miles above any other college team and there are some good teams out there.

Edit: I also agree with Herbstreit when he says this feels like only the middle of a dynasty and not an end, which makes it much different than Nebraska in the mid 90s.

I HATE Bama just as much as any other Auburn fan but I do give credit where credit is do. I keep telling people that Bama is able to beat most teams without even stepping on the field and playing 1 minute or 1 second. How is that possible? It's primarily because of their S&C Program and discipline! Period! They have guys at EVERY position that are a freaking thoroughbreds. They start developing guys in the weight room first. Yea..every team does..but theirs is on another level! They have a system that's an well oiled machine. Take their RBs..their RBs are bigger, faster and stronger than many teams LB's...esp. ours. Yes they have very good players esp. on D...but no one stands out head and shoulders on offense. The OLine are the stars of the O. Other top teams recruit well just like Bama.

They out work teams in conditioning first and foremost which translates over to the field. Add in some discipline on both sides, good coaching and they just wear teams down. It's nothing fancy or spectacular about what they run on O or D. It doesn't matter what offense other teams run scheme wise....if they are not able to match up pound for pound with Bama...it will be a long hill to climb.

I got blasted on another board for questioning S&C Russell and making a S&C coach hire a big deal...nothing against the man...just hope he is up to the task b/c it starts with conditioning if you want to be competitive against Bama. However, with the hires we have on D...it makes me feel a little better but we have to focus on getting bigger, faster and stronger at EVERY position first and foremost..before we can worry about running any type of scheme.

Any proof??? Lets not be like so many bammers that throw out unsubstantiated rumors. I really makes us look bad.

This game proved to me that the best team in the country is Texas A&M! Too bad they couldn't have played in place of the Irish.

No doubt A&M beat us but Alabama will be in the record book.

Any proof??? Lets not be like so many bammers that throw out unsubstantiated rumors. I really makes us look bad.

It goes both ways they put out unsubstantiated rumors against us and we do the same (see the PED program comment). No fan base is better than the other or innocent..that's the nature of the rivalry. lol. But to act like we're pure as snow is just idiotic! lol. I think every major program does some questionable things to a certain degree...it may be mostly secondary violations but it's still wrong according to the NCAA. The conspiracy crap is getting old and just down right sad. I thought as Auburn fans we were better than that. smh.

Why are some folks pushing this PED agenda so hard right now? A couple of years ago it was the oversigning agenda.... Now it's the PED's?

Question - is UGA, LSU using PED's too? They took UAT to the brink this year and fought toe to toe with them down to the very end. How 'bout aTm, are they using?

It's sad and embarrassing for our fans to drum up new accusations to throw against a program just because we can't beat 'em on the damn football field. The constant conspiracy theories range from one extreme (oversigning) to the other (PED's) - - Crap like this shows an inferiority complex by AU fans and I'm sick of it.

Why are some folks pushing this PED agenda so hard right now? A couple of years ago it was the oversigning agenda.... Now it's the PED's?

Question - is UGA, LSU using PED's too? They took UAT to the brink this year and fought toe to toe with them down to the very end. How 'bout aTm, are they using?

It's sad and embarrassing for our fans to drum up new accusations to throw against a program just because we can't beat 'em on the damn football field. The constant conspiracy theories range from one extreme (oversigning) to the other (PED's) - - Crap like this shows an inferiority complex by AU fans and I'm sick of it.

this^^^ It's pathetic on our part. It's time for Gus to man up and make our program competitive again. I believe we will be...soon.

this^^^ It's pathetic on our part. It's time for Gus to man up and make our program competitive again. I believe we will be...soon.

I agree, the only way to beat them is on the field and Gus will do that soon. We should not stoop to their level. Love Auburn more than you hate bama.

+1 Finally...a voice of reason! :thumbsup: Spot on man.

I agree, the only way to beat them is on the field and Gus will do that soon. We should not stoop to their level. Love Auburn more than you hate bama.

Yep! I sure do! :wareagle:

Archived