2014 4* C Joshua Casher (Alabama signee)

auburnandjagsfan

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is fishy maybe he was another Dee Liner only flirting with us to spurn us later

E who do we move to now?

It sounds like we already have, thus forcing him to as well.

This is fishy maybe he was another Dee Liner only flirting with us to spurn us later

E who do we move to now?

I agree and think we moved on to Dampeer when Josh decommitted. Remember our flirtation with Andrew Marshall? He was probably another potential backfill for Josh. Now we have larger needs at DL than OL, and Josh seems to have gotten caught in the numbers. I wish him well wherever he lands. Recruits are fond of talking about making business decisions, and I guess this shows schools make them too.

E who do we move to now?

I agree and think we moved on to Dampeer when Josh decommitted. Remember our flirtation with Andrew Marshall? He was probably another potential backfill for Josh. Now we have larger needs at DL than OL, and Josh seems to have gotten caught in the numbers. I wish him well wherever he lands. Recruits are fond of talking about making business decisions, and I guess this shows schools make them too.

I don't think it happened that long ago. I think it happened this weekend. I think he came up to Auburn last week to commit but for whatever reason did not want to do whatever the staff wanted him to do before accepting a commitment.

I know we don't see everything that happens behind the scenes, but this is the kind of stuff that infuriates the average fan. Here is a kid that weighed his options without committing to another school, paid his own way to come to Auburn for the purpose of recommitting in the face of heavy pressure from local bammers, and then the coaches appear to push him away during a private meeting? I really hope this does not come back to hurt us with Tre Williams...

I know we don't see everything that happens behind the scenes, but this is the kind of stuff that infuriates the average fan. Here is a kid that weighed his options without committing to another school, paid his own way to come to Auburn for the purpose of recommitting in the face of heavy pressure from local bammers, and then the coaches appear to push him away during a private meeting? I really hope this does not come back to hurt us with Tre Williams...

Tre knew the sitch and completely understands the sitch. This has no affect on him.

A commitment is a two way street. Both parties have to commit. We don't know what his meeting with coaches produced. But I'll bet his commitment wasn't as firm as the coaches wanted it to be.

Big boy recruiting ... The family had to consider issues.

Auburn football is a tens of millions of dollars business. Recruiting is the lifeblood. This staff has shown they are going to make business decisions on a time schedule. I would imagine the recruit is well informed of the schedule/situation. It apparently was notify ally agreeable ... So next.

Cashier appears to be a solid player but it has been discussed many times before about tunde, kozan and possibly danzey getting looks at center.

At this point, with kozan playing next to Dismukes all year this year and next may be a brilliant option at center for jr/sr year. Diamond, danzey et al can move to guard.

Would love to have had this young man but this is one position we did not "need" this year IMO.

On a side note ... We have by far the best rushing O in the sec so far. Top 10 nationally rushing. An OL coach who apparently puts centers into the NFL while sleeping (how many did they say during this last game?).

Oh and the little thing like a program flipping from 3-9 to 7-1 with the beat years still to come. I'd want to be a part of that if I was an offensive center (which I was a long time ago)

E who do we move to now?

I don't think it happened that long ago. I think it happened this weekend. I think he came up to Auburn last week to commit but for whatever reason did not want to do whatever the staff wanted him to do before accepting a commitment.

Hearing that he wouldn't cancel his FSU trip to see Pruit, so Mahlzahn put him in his place.

Girl commits to boy, then girl flirts with other boys, so girl breaks up with boy. Girl still has some boy friends who just want to maybe be friends now only, so girl goes back to boy and says I am ready now. Boys says prove it with action not words, girls says I can't, so boys says I wish, but no thanks.

Hearing that he wouldn't cancel his FSU trip to see Pruit, so Mahlzahn put him in his place.

Sounds very plausable. WDEWDE or Pops would have to confirm something like that.

JMO but it could be that when he saw an AU offensive line with about 6-7 huge freshmen and sophs (and no seniors) playing on the first two units he did some calculation and figured he would not be on the field for a couple years.

Hope things work out well for him wherever he ends up.

it has been confirmed by 2 sources, one of which is quoted below, that Casher came to Auburn Saturday to commit but the staff would not take it.

@GabeThaGreat 37m

Casher has no offer from Auburn.

@GabeThaGreat 30m

@WarEagleAU7 Short summary. Gus gave Casher some rules. He didn’t like them. Gus pulled his offer.

Laugh or scoff all you want. This account has been pretty spot on minus the Marshall stuff in June.

it has been confirmed by 2 sources, one of which is quoted below, that Casher came to Auburn Saturday to commit but the staff would not take it.

@GabeThaGreat 37m

@GabeThaGreat 30m

@WarEagleAU7 Short summary. Gus gave Casher some rules. He didn’t like them. Gus pulled his offer.

Laugh or scoff all you want. This account has been pretty spot on minus the Marshall stuff in June.

What Marshall stuff in June?

@GabeThaGreat 37m

@GabeThaGreat 30m

What Marshall stuff in June?

It's pointless now since it was 4 months ago and incorrect. PM me if you want the answer.

@GabeThaGreat 37m

@GabeThaGreat 30m

Looks to me like he might have been getting some bad advice along the way. Probably sounds good to be "independent" and in demand...and shop around.... but sometimes it's better to make the decision and stick to it. Seems he (or someone) probably did not read the AU situation very well.....AU loaded at OL for the next couple years and not that many slots for 2014....and AU was not willing to wait around very long for him to decide.

Why would we not accept a commit from a 4* center? According to Football Rumor Mill, we told him "Thanks, but no."

Looks to me like he might have been getting some bad advice along the way. Probably sounds good to be "independent" and in demand...and shop around.... but sometimes it's better to make the decision and stick to it. Seems he (or someone) probably did not read the AU situation very well.....AU loaded at OL for the next couple years and not that many slots for 2014....and AU was not willing to wait around very long for him to decide.

I do not know what they are yet but there are some things the staff wanted from Casher before taking his commitment. When he would not do them the offer was pulled.

Archived