2014 4* C Joshua Casher (Alabama signee)

auburnandjagsfan

This almost needs another thread but I believe they stated during the FAU game that Coach JB Grimes has coached 11 centers that have gone on to play in the NFL. Can someone confirm this?

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the latest that Tate and Hoke have to say about the Casher situation. Hoke is saying that he thinks Gus has laid down some requirements if Casher wants to come back and the ball is in Casher's court as to whether or not he wants to be part of the class.

Monday, 10/28/13, Tate and Hoke audio (free content)

Casher segment is from 11:00- 15:00

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/884/1472277.mp3

This almost needs another thread but I believe they stated during the FAU game that Coach JB Grimes has coached 11 centers that have gone on to play in the NFL. Can someone confirm this?

I can't confirm but I did hear the same thing.

Here is the latest that Tate and Hoke have to say about the Casher situation. Hoke is saying that he thinks Gus has laid down some requirements if Casher wants to come back and the ball is in Casher's court as to whether or not he wants to be part of the class.

What are they you reckon? Im laying next to the Mrs. on my phone. Can't play it or she wakes up and I'm not trying to have that conversation tonight, ya hurr.

What are they you reckon? Im laying next to the Mrs. on my phone. Can't play it or she wakes up and I'm not trying to have that conversation tonight, ya hurr.

Tough to really tell. That segment basically just sounded like Gus & co. are a bit timid accepting Casher back after he bailed on them last time. I'm sure a lot of this is just giving him time to make 100% sure this is his final decision rather than doing anything brash. They said he does for sure have a spot if he wants it, just a matter of fulfilling whatever expectations the staff has for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if they told him to not take any more visits and make sure he comes to help recruit at the last two home games, but outside of that I couldn't guess what else they'd really want from him

Tough to really tell. That segment basically just sounded like Gus & co. are a bit timid accepting Casher back after they bailed on him last time.

They did not bail on him. They have stayed with him the whole time. He has to be 100% sure though and meet whatever requirements Gus has for him before the staff will accept a commitment.

Tough to really tell. That segment basically just sounded like Gus & co. are a bit timid accepting Casher back after they bailed on him last time.

They did not bail on him. They have stayed with him the whole time. He has to be 100% sure though and meet whatever requirements Gus has for him before the staff will accept a commitment.

Whoops, my bad. I meant he bailed on them. Went ahead and edited the first comment.

Whoops, my bad. I meant he bailed on them. Went ahead and edited the first comment.

It's cool man.

Listened to the clip provided by IM70 (thanks).

Sounds like Casher is in if and only if he wants to be in, but that he could make that decision instantly. So, difficult to say what the stipulations are coming from the coaches. I mean, not sure what one could do 'instantly' to demonstrate loyalty in a recruiting situation.

Listened to the clip provided by IM70 (thanks).

Sounds like Casher is in if and only if he wants to be in, but that he could make that decision instantly. So, difficult to say what the stipulations are coming from the coaches. I mean, not sure what one could do 'instantly' to demonstrate loyalty in a recruiting situation.

I think that's the point: the coaches don't want him doing anything spur of the moment, but to prove to them over the course of time that he wants to be part of the class. Sounds to me like the bit about him not taking any more visits and being there to recruit for the last two home games might well be on point.

Well, best of luck to him unless he plays AU. Either way we got a JUCO who can play at center to backup either Tunde or Reese so I am not overly worried. Not to mention the fact that AU could still possibly sign an underrated center this class.

Strictly opinion here but it sounds like the coaches might have asked him shut off all contact with Alabama. Basically what they did with Dee Liner last year. If that is the case, and after Yeldon, Foster & Liner; I don't blame them. Saban can not over sign any more so he screws with other people's #'s. Auburn does not need anymore last minute flips to them.

Josh is back on board for good. i think he still is going to have a convo with the coaches for them to make sure but they will be pleased with him after their convo.

So what happened?

Strictly opinion here but it sounds like the coaches might have asked him shut off all contact with Alabama. Basically what they did with Dee Liner last year. If that is the case, and after Yeldon, Foster & Liner; I don't blame them. Saban can not over sign any more so he screws with other people's #'s. Auburn does not need anymore last minute flips to them.

This would be my guess.

I'd probably bet that Alabama is there just cause he is still asking for a real offer from them. This kid is now at plan C FSU it is.

This is a very weird situation. Apparently Josh saying he is committing to Bama or FSU has completely caught those schools off guard also.

Says Florida state may have "something more" to offer.. How obvious..

Another business decision.. I mean biness decision.

Archived