2014 4* C Joshua Casher (Alabama signee)

auburnandjagsfan

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup he's always preferred the turds I'm sure he was another one of their kids meant to commit to us and then flip again to make us look bad.

Is it getting to the point where we should start thinking this is something their staff is TELLING recruits to do?

knowing josh personally he is not the type of kid that would do this because it was planned out. josh is one of the nicest people ive ever met and unless he is on the football field he wouldnt do anything to hurt anyone. my personal opinion on the matter is that our coaching staff felt like josh couldnt make up his mind, not that he had planned to commit to us then flip, and they decided that if he wasnt on board completely that they needed to move on so they could further improve this recruiting class. i do not at all think josh was going to commit to us then flip on signing day because the bama coaches told him so, thats just not his personality.

Does Casher have a "handler"? Whenever weird stuff starts to happen, it pays to look for a handler in the mix. Maybe there's a Peaches hiding under a peach basket somewhere in that family?

Is it getting to the point where we should start thinking this is something their staff is TELLING recruits to do?

Telling the recruits to do what?

Yup he's always preferred the turds I'm sure he was another one of their kids meant to commit to us and then flip again to make us look bad.

knowing josh personally he is not the type of kid that would do this because it was planned out. josh is one of the nicest people ive ever met and unless he is on the football field he wouldnt do anything to hurt anyone. my personal opinion on the matter is that our coaching staff felt like josh couldnt make up his mind, not that he had planned to commit to us then flip, and they decided that if he wasnt on board completely that they needed to move on so they could further improve this recruiting class. i do not at all think josh was going to commit to us then flip on signing day because the bama coaches told him so, thats just not his personality.

Thanks for the info!

You say this and since you know him I accept your opinion. But it's been suggested by people in the know that he came to Auburn last Saturday to commit to AU and the coaches wold not take the commitment without some stipulations since it has been rumored that he was waiting for a commitable offer from UAT. Apparently the commitment to AU didn't happen because he was not willing to accept the terms. Interesting that a few days latter he got and accepted a UAT offer. It sure does seem that he was not very committed to AU and playing us. I am very happy that our coaches saw thru this and refused to be used. JMO

I predict a grayshirt at bama for Casher, hope he is going in with eyes wide open

I agree with you that greyshirt will be the end result unless one of the OL commits decides it's too crowded. Of course the greyshirt thing will probably be denied until signing day. I never liked being a backup plan anyway.

You say this and since you know him I accept your opinion. But it's been suggested by people in the know that he came to Auburn last Saturday to commit to AU and the coaches wold not take the commitment without some stipulations since it has been rumored that he was waiting for a commitable offer from UAT. Apparently the commitment to AU didn't happen because he was not willing to accept the terms. Interesting that a few days latter he got and accepted a UAT offer. It sure does seem that he was not very committed to AU and playing us. I am very happy that our coaches saw thru this and refused to be used. JMO

To the best of my understanding this is in part incorrect. The stipulations were made because of the mistrust built up from from him decommitting earlier. The stipulations would have been there whether Josh ever got a commitable offer from Bama or not. Casher actually said he would accept the terms but the staff was not buying it because Josh has been so indecisive. Even though he made mistakes in this whole sage he is not a bad kid. It was not his intent to hurt or play anyone. The commitment happened multiple times last week but was never accepted by the staff. The Bama commitable offer came a week before any of this happened.

I predict a grayshirt at bama for Casher, hope he is going in with eyes wide open

I agree with you that greyshirt will be the end result unless one of the OL commits decides it's too crowded. Of course the greyshirt thing will probably be denied until signing day. I never liked being a backup plan anyway.

Bama feels it may lose 2 of their OL commits.

Im not saying that if we would have accepted his commitment there would have been no chance he decommitted again. what i was saying is coming in to this weekend he wanted to go to auburn. he felt like he had seen enough from the team that he felt comfortable going here. i believe that although he wanted to go to auburn he didnt want to close off all other options and that is what our staff, given the circumstances, felt was necessary in order to accept his commitment. i think this angered and probably embarrassed him too since he had already told all of his teammates, coaches and classmates that he was going to commit this weekend. i think this is anger led to him eliminating auburn and eventually committing with bama

Thanks E for your comments and giving us further understanding. Recruiting can be tough on these kids and the staffs. Good to know that our staff is being smart, honest, and professional.

Can someone confirm or disprove this rumor? Not that this really matters since the end result is the same. I had read somewhere that Hugh Freeze helped Malzhan out with this situation as it was said Casher was supposedly telling ole miss recruits on his intentions to "Yeldon" AU after the iron bowl. Im guessing they informed Freeze. I'm not sure if ole miss was even recruiting Casher. May have added to the distrust from the AU coaches. Just curious as if true I kinda like having an ally off the field for once.

Hate we missed him.

We are having a difficult time filling out this class. Not sure why, since we are on a roll as a team and the coaching staff is definitely showing the nation what we have to offer.

Very few uncommitted recruits are left on the board, so we may have to go after more Jr College players to get to 22-25 commits.

Hate we missed him.

We are having a difficult time filling out this class. Not sure why, since we are on a roll as a team and the coaching staff is definitely showing the nation what we have to offer.

Very few uncommitted recruits are left on the board, so we may have to go after more Jr College players to get to 22-25 commits.

I don't agree at all. More likely we're not interested in filling up right now. There are bigger things for this year's team to accomplish on the field. After that happens the sky will be the limit. We won't have any trouble filling up, the question is take what's available today or wait until some more wins are stacked up and hook some of the big fish. There are still plenty of those big fish out there. Win a few more games and we'll be filling the boat with them.

Hate we missed him.

I don't agree at all. More likely we're not interested in filling up right now. There are bigger things for this year's team to accomplish on the field. After that happens the sky will be the limit. We won't have any trouble filling up, the question is take what's available today or wait until some more wins are stacked up and hook some of the big fish. There are still plenty of those big fish out there. Win a few more games and we'll be filling the boat with them.

+1

Can someone confirm or disprove this rumor? Not that this really matters since the end result is the same. I had read somewhere that Hugh Freeze helped Malzhan out with this situation as it was said Casher was supposedly telling ole miss recruits on his intentions to "Yeldon" AU after the iron bowl. Im guessing they informed Freeze. I'm not sure if ole miss was even recruiting Casher. May have added to the distrust from the AU coaches. Just curious as if true I kinda like having an ally off the field for once.

It's a rumor at the moment and one I doubt is ever proved or disproved.

It's a rumor at the moment and one I doubt is ever proved or disproved.

Thanks for the response. It's been an interesting week with this situation. It believe it has worked out best for all parties involved.

There are plenty of big fish out there and I hope we do not fill it up yet. Plenty of big boys make commitments at the allstar games and I would love to be in on some of them. Either way if auburn wins a bowl game this year we will be fine. Plus Gus is going to get guys he likes and fits his team and not just guys with large star counts next their names.

This idea of using recruits to sabotage other schools is new to me. I've been wondering if it is coaches or boosters who are putting these guys up to this. Boosters make the most sense but it also occurred to me that in my recollection it started with the first real Saban recruiting class. That was when we had to start sending the top guys in the state home from camps because they were recruiting our guys to UAT. Now we have guys taking up spots and then leaving us out to dry. It seems Sanders is the only guy who I can remember who flipped and stuck with us.

So the question for me (be wary of listening to the ramblings of the insane) is: Is this a Saban recruiting tactic? The boosters have pretty much stepped in line to do whatever he asks. Do these kind of maneuvers come from the coaches or the boosters. I really don't remember this stuff happening before he showed up in the state.

I believe we all know what it says about Saban if this is planned, and I think we would all like to think that no one would stoop to measures such as that even if you had the control to pull it off, after all at the end of the day it is just football and while important to all of us, not nearly as important as we sometimes think. But this has happened enough times that it's not a pattern that can be ignored anymore.

And if so, why aren't our boosters fighting back.

This idea of using recruits to sabotage other schools is new to me. I've been wondering if it is coaches or boosters who are putting these guys up to this. Boosters make the most sense but it also occurred to me that in my recollection it started with the first real Saban recruiting class. That was when we had to start sending the top guys in the state home from camps because they were recruiting our guys to UAT. Now we have guys taking up spots and then leaving us out to dry. It seems Sanders is the only guy who I can remember who flipped and stuck with us.

So the question for me (be wary of listening to the ramblings of the insane) is: Is this a Saban recruiting tactic? The boosters have pretty much stepped in line to do whatever he asks. Do these kind of maneuvers come from the coaches or the boosters. I really don't remember this stuff happening before he showed up in the state.

I believe we all know what it says about Saban if this is planned, and I think we would all like to think that no one would stoop to measures such as that even if you had the control to pull it off, after all at the end of the day it is just football and while important to all of us, not nearly as important as we sometimes think. But this has happened enough times that it's not a pattern that can be ignored anymore.

And if so, why aren't our boosters fighting back.

It is a Saban and rec thing. Not trying to be rude but how do you know we are not fighting back? I can tell you we can't do what uat is doing but we are not sitting back and taking it.

And another problem we face is the "at the end of the day football while important is not as important as we think" is 100% incorrect when it comes to bama. It is their life. It is what they hold themselves up to and beat their chest too. AU people not so much which is not a bad thing at all. We, AU, value other things like family and work. When you look at it overall its pretty damn amazing what AU has done in regards to playing toe to toe with uat since I've been around AU football, early 80's.

Not trying to be rude but how do you know we are not fighting back? I can tell you we can't do what uat is doing but we are not sitting back and taking it.

Well, I guess the real question is how do I know we are fighting back. Always been a show me and not tell me kind of guy and I see nothing that says we are doing anything to stop the foolishness.

Hyperbole aside, I'm not certain who is orchestrating this. If it is indeed the head coach, the people who agreed to carry this out made some pretty big decisions that carry with them a lot of weight. I for one am interested in the story. We can go all the way back to the Shug years to find UAT coaches acting unscrupulous in their attempts to bring down Auburn, but in today's coaching market, with the mobility of the coaches and not as many allegiance based jobs, it seems like a pretty big risk. I guess that puts the odds on the REC. Did the idea come from on high, or did the REC come up with this by themselves?

Archived