2014 4* C Joshua Casher (Alabama signee)

auburnandjagsfan

FWIW from a former Auburn player that many of us think a lot of.

@robpate 33m

Wow, it appears Josh Casher out of Mobile was all set to do his best Yeldon impersonation till Gus & Co. cut it off at the head. Nice try.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW from a former Auburn player that many of us think a lot of.

@robpate 33m

Wow, it appears Josh Casher out of Mobile was all set to do his best Yeldon impersonation till Gus & Co. cut it off at the head. Nice try.

That would explain why we told him to take a hike.

Thank you, gus & co. :) was about tired of us having to count on one to make a last minute flip. Glad we sniffed one out

No fooling us twice. This has been an odd situation since his initial "commitment", I think it probably worked out for the best. Moving on...

It was said here that Casher did not have a "commitable offer" from UAT and that could well be correct. I see they already have 7 OL guys comitted for this class. He could well be stuck out in the cold. Whatever, I was ready to move on when he first decomitted.

It was said here that Casher did not have a "commitable offer" from UAT and that could well be correct. I see they already have 7 OL guys comitted for this class. He could well be stuck out in the cold. Whatever, I was ready to move on when he first decomitted.

Yep....we need to start staking out our "unwritten rules" and not let the undecided guys keep us on the hook...with the expectation that we will save them a spot. JMO and lots of these kids won't agree but it's a privilege to receive an offer from AU and by and large they are not doing us some kind of favor by accepting.

I havent talked to him personally about this but i personally dont see him signing with bama. they only want him to keep from having to play against him i think they back out on him late because of numbers and by then the only school that might still have room for him would be ole miss. i know they wanted him pretty bad.

it has been confirmed by 2 sources, one of which is quoted below, that Casher came to Auburn Saturday to commit but the staff would not take it.

@GabeThaGreat 37m

Casher has no offer from Auburn.

@GabeThaGreat 30m

@WarEagleAU7 Short summary. Gus gave Casher some rules. He didn’t like them. Gus pulled his offer.

Laugh or scoff all you want. This account has been pretty spot on minus the Marshall stuff in June.

What Marshall stuff in June?

It's pointless now since it was 4 months ago and incorrect. PM me if you want the answer.

Nah...guess I'm not that interested. Haha.

I havent talked to him personally about this but i personally dont see him signing with bama. they only want him to keep from having to play against him i think they back out on him late because of numbers and by then the only school that might still have room for him would be ole miss. i know they wanted him pretty bad.

FWIW It's theorized in a few places Casher has become a take for Bama the past 10 days because they do not expect 1 of their OL commits to make the grades and expect another to flip.

I'm very excited with this new approach by this staff. The last one was left with their pants down more than once. Maybe this will be a lesson for future recruits. ITS A NEW DAY at Auburn

Based off inside story from rivals mod, "fakegabewright" is off on his info.

Technically correct. Casher said he was going to meet the stipulations but the staff was not buying it. Casher still wanted to be able to do certain things but like take other visits but he was not in a position to make those requests based on the mis trust he vuilt up with the staff.

Based off inside story from rivals mod, "fakegabewright" is off on his info.

Technically correct. Casher said he was going to meet the stipulations but the staff was not buying it. Casher still wanted to be able to do certain things but like take other visits but he was not in a position to make those requests based on the mis trust he vuilt up with the staff.

Good to know. Thanks for the info!

uat has to take him now. If they grey shirt him they might not sign another kid at St. Pauls. I'm with you on the move on part.

uat has to take him now. If they grey shirt him they might not sign another kid at St. Pauls. I'm with you on the move on part.

Which would be a huge mistake given how often St. Paul's is producing high quality recruits the past 6 years or so.

There is a lot more to this story than is out here and I`m sure E knows it all. Seems we were ready to take his commitment this weekend but he wanted to wait till later(Iron Bowl) weekend so he could go to Bama/LSWho game. I believe staff felt he was playing both sides against the middle and were prepared to move on and did so. That appears to be it in a nutshell.

Just want to applaud the folks who have posted following the recent developments with Casher for mostly showing restraint in casting judgment on the young man. We're often quick to question these kids' characters without pausing to consider the reasons they make the decisions they do (often, self-interested and influential adults are pulling the strings). It's unfortunate that Josh was unable to earn an Auburn scholarship. Best of luck to him.

Also, I agree with ^that^. LOVE this staff.

I thought we went after Xavier Dampeer after Casher decommitted. XD is listed as a guard but I think he can play center as well.

I figured we were done with Casher months ago.

Just want to applaud the folks who have posted following the recent developments with Casher for mostly showing restraint in casting judgment on the young man. We're often quick to question these kids' characters without pausing to consider the reasons they make the decisions they do (often, self-interested and influential adults are pulling the strings). It's unfortunate that Josh was unable to earn an Auburn scholarship. Best of luck to him.

Also, I agree with ^that^. LOVE this staff.

Agree whole heartedly. I think most of those who might want to rant got it out of their system when he decommited.

Archived