2014 5* JUCO WR D'Haquille Williams SIGNS WITH AUBURN!!!

Maverick.AU

This weekend is crucial for Auburn in the recruitment of D. Williams. He's visiting Tiger Stadium for the Texas A&M game and you know that place is going to be loud. If he flips back to LSU this weekend and they convince him not to visit Auburn for the Iron Bowl next weekend, then it could be over...

Doubtful it's crucial. I spoke incorrectly earlier this week. I am pretty certain now he does not have an offer right now to flip to. It looks like the LSU staff is buttering up to him so they have insurance with him if they miss on Noll and Dupre. If those 2 commit to LSU at the all star games or give LSU great vibes before class start again in January then LSU may not have a spot for DQ. This could go a week into January classes before where DQ goes is decided.

As you know, that's been the "plan" for awhile. It's a numbers issue for them. Some LSU insiders still think they can find room for a one&done wr IF they get all those wr recruits AND both Landry and Beckham leave early.

I know but them saying if anything happens for them with DQ in terms of flipping will not happen til January shows that it's nowhere near a given they will take DQ if Noll and Dupre are on board.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This weekend is crucial for Auburn in the recruitment of D. Williams. He's visiting Tiger Stadium for the Texas A&M game and you know that place is going to be loud. If he flips back to LSU this weekend and they convince him not to visit Auburn for the Iron Bowl next weekend, then it could be over...

Doubtful it's crucial. I spoke incorrectly earlier this week. I am pretty certain now he does not have an offer right now to flip to. It looks like the LSU staff is buttering up to him so they have insurance with him if they miss on Noll and Dupre. If those 2 commit to LSU at the all star games or give LSU great vibes before class start again in January then LSU may not have a spot for DQ. This could go a week into January classes before where DQ goes is decided.

As you know, that's been the "plan" for awhile. It's a numbers issue for them. Some LSU insiders still think they can find room for a one&done wr IF they get all those wr recruits AND both Landry and Beckham leave early.

I know but them saying if anything happens for them with DQ in terms of flipping will not happen til January shows that it's nowhere near a given they will take DQ if Noll and Dupre are on board.

Agreed, like I said it's a numbers issue for them. (read Pat Miller kind of sitch, Dec grads and 85 limit et al...)

Agreed, like I said it's a numbers issue for them. (read Pat Miller kind of sitch, Dec grads and 85 limit et al...)

I will not feel comfortable about anything with DQ as long as he does not visit AU. A visit always helps us plus it shows some interest on his part. Up till now the interest is sketchy.

Anything that is left up to the decision making of Les Miles, I feel good about...

He has one of the best groups of wide receivers in the country on their team now. He is hoarding highly talented wide receivers in LSUs recruiting class this year. They recruit as well as anyone in the country. We would frankly love to have almost any of their existing or recruited receivers.

I know DQ is a LA kid and would love to have his family watch him play, but it just does not make any sense to me for him to pick LSWhoo if he wants to be a one and done and play on Sundays. We will have the better QB next year no matter who wins the job between Nick and Jeremy. Besides, the NFL scouts will find the premeir WR's even in a run oriented offence. He needs to ask himself if he wants to be a part of a team that is on the rise, and with his help have a legitimate shot at a MNC. I understand this kid is a game changer, but I'm a little tired of the uncertainty of his commitment. I want players who are "All In" to Auburn! That may sound a little cheesy and be a bit naive, but I want players that bleed orange and blue!! Rant over.

As always my friends, War Eagle!

We will have the better QB next year no matter who wins the job between Nick and Jeremy.

How can you seriously make this claim as factual?

It's an opinion. He didn't state it as a fact. Can you factual say he's wrong?

It's an opinion. He didn't state it as a fact.

He said "we will have the better QB next year no matter who wins the starting job". That means that he outright believes that we have TWO quarterbacks who are better than anyone on LSU's roster.

What more does he need to say?

He said "we will have the better QB next year no matter who wins the starting job". That means that he outright believes that we have TWO quarterbacks who are better than anyone on LSU's roster.

He believes that, so it is his opinion. What is wrong with that? He didn't say that it was a solid fact.

How about this then ? It's your opinion that his opinion is wrong.

We will have the better QB next year no matter who wins the job between Nick and Jeremy.

How can you seriously make this claim as factual?

He probably made the assumption that both Marshall and Johnson will be improved next year. You know, he's thinking a year of maturity and practice will help them get better. Now, apparently you think they'll spend the time until next September drinking at the Supper Club instead of working to improve, so I can understand why you asked that question.

Metafour is absolutely correct. It is only my opinion that we will have two better options at QB. After all we wont know for sure until the end of next season. However logic would dictate from the play of both our current QB's plus an off season under the tutelage of both Gus and Rett would produce a better option than an unproven first time starter. True this is only my opinion, however I think most would agree with that logic. I would hope DQ views things the same as I for our benefit but you can never under estimate what the heart wants. I just hope he chooses the guys in orange and blue in the end.

Metafour is absolutely correct. It is only my opinion that we will have two better options at QB. After all we wont know for sure until the end of next season. However logic would dictate from the play of both our current QB's plus an off season under the tutelage of both Gus and Rett would produce a better option than an unproven first time starter. True this is only my opinion, however I think most would agree with that logic. I would hope DQ views things the same as I for our benefit but you can never under estimate what the heart wants. I just hope he chooses the guys in orange and blue in the end.

:bow::clap:

It also helps to understand metafour. Sometimes he is right, sometimes he is wrong but he always comes across as a jerk.

How about this then ? It's your opinion that his opinion is wrong.

I don't know guys. You both have put this on the I-net, so now both are no longer opinions, it has to be true if it's on the internet. :) Have a great day and War Eagle.

It also helps to understand metafour. Sometimes he is right, sometimes he is wrong but he always comes across as a jerk.

I endorse this message. This is a true statement Mikey but you are actually being too nice.

I endorse this message. This is a true statement Mikey but you are actually being too nice.

This is my opinion not based on fact but on the rhetoric posted earlier on this topic. This became a pretty wasted post here at the end. I thought this was about a recruit and descended into comments about next years qb. Maybe I missed something on the way downhill.

I hope that D'haquille reads this post. Why would you want to go to LSWooo? They will not have a quality QB to throw you the ball. Auburn is the perfect fit. The HUNH offense will put the ball in the hands of playmakers and we know that DW will be an electrifying playmaker. Let's all show some love to DW and he will be all in to the AU family.

Confirmed for IB but some bad news for auburn as well. It's premium info.

The article is premium but the info is not. We have known for a while he is concerned about ou passing game.

I will proudly trust whatever the coaches do but for me personally I have changed my mind on DQ. He has some characteristics to similar to TO and Randy Moss for my taste. As of today he is a me player and not a we player and might be that way to an extreme level. He strikes me as a Randy Moss type that will not give effort if he is not getting the ball, run blocking for example (To TO's credit he played hard every play even if he did mouth off a lot.). I can also see him causing team chemistry issues by complaining similar to TO if he is not getting enough touches for his taste. In the end DQ is extremely talented and would be a great addition if he accepted his role with the team. However I think having DQ would do more harm than good overall in the 2014 season for the team so I would be cool if things work for him and LSU.

Archived