2014 5* JUCO WR D'Haquille Williams SIGNS WITH AUBURN!!!

Maverick.AU

I just can't grasp why a kid only planning to play 1 year of college ball really gives a rip where that 1 year is played. But I can't grasp a lot of things that happen in recruiting lol

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just can't grasp why a kid only planning to play 1 year of college ball really gives a rip where that 1 year is played. But I can't grasp a lot of things that happen in recruiting lol

If it's his only year of college ball and the family has major transportation issues then I can definitely see it. It could be the only time they get to see him play up close unless when his pro team plays at New Orleans.

If it's his only year of college ball and the family has major transportation issues then I can definitely see it. It could be the only time they get to see him play up close unless when his pro team plays at New Orleans.

I get it too but if he is that good then his family won't have major transportation issues soon.

I want him here as much as anyone, but if travel is an issue, wouldn't they want to watch him for his one and done year as much as they can? And on top of that, wouldn't money for plane tickets to watch him in the pros be a non-issue after he cashes his first check?

DQ is very talented but we can't assume he will make it in or get to the pros. Although it's unlikely, he could flop in college or have a serious injury keeping him from making it in the pros. If he choses to play right by home so his family can see him realizing he is assured of nothing in the future in terms pro careerthen I would completely understand it.

Folks, we are talking about a 1 and done WR and 7 home games here. After 1 year, his family is going to have to travel to ALL of his games anyway.

And after that 1 year he will be able to pay for that.

Is there any chance that we all could pony up at aufamily.com and buy Williams' family a helicopter to easily get to games? Would this be a violation?

Is there any chance that we all could pony up at aufamily.com and buy Williams' family a helicopter to easily get to games? Would this be a violation?

yes it would be a huge violation lol

It would be a helo of a violation :)

Oops, I do that kind of stuff all the time. Rims and cars and suits are OK though, right?

It would be a helo of a violation :)

Good shot!

So I like that he is confirmed to visit the Iron Bowl. I know the overwhelming thought is that he'll flip, but if I'm correct this is his first (MAYBE second) visit. Obviously recruits are pouring in left and right for the IB, but hopefully this will help in keeping him on board.

So I like that he is confirmed to visit the Iron Bowl. I know the overwhelming thought is that he'll flip, but if I'm correct this is his first (MAYBE second) visit. Obviously recruits are pouring in left and right for the IB, but hopefully this will help in keeping him on board.

It couldn't hurt. Plus I believe this game will feature AU throwing the ball more... Mainly cause we are gonna have to to be able to run the ball. I feel Gus is about to throw everything including the kitchen sink at bama. Playing with house money now... Hold nothing back for this game.

This weekend is crucial for Auburn in the recruitment of D. Williams. He's visiting Tiger Stadium for the Texas A&M game and you know that place is going to be loud. If he flips back to LSU this weekend and they convince him not to visit Auburn for the Iron Bowl next weekend, then it could be over...

This weekend is crucial for Auburn in the recruitment of D. Williams. He's visiting Tiger Stadium for the Texas A&M game and you know that place is going to be loud. If he flips back to LSU this weekend and they convince him not to visit Auburn for the Iron Bowl next weekend, then it could be over...

Not sure how to fix this, but this should be placed in the D Williams thread.

Not sure how to fix this, but this should be placed in the D Williams thread.

Umm......

Do you really think it's critical? I believe it's a foregone conclusion that he will sign with LSU. As far and anyone can tell, he only committed to Auburn as a fall-back because LSU hadn't offered at the time. He's never visited here, never recruited for us, nothing. We should move on.

If his heart isn't fully with Auburn, I'd prefer him to go to LSU then. We would be just fine without him.

Don't freak then, I know how you covet those 5*s.

Doubtful it's crucial. I spoke incorrectly earlier this week. I am pretty certain now he does not have an offer right now to flip to. It looks like the LSU staff is buttering up to him so they have insurance with him if they miss on Noll and Dupre. If those 2 commit to LSU at the all star games or give LSU great vibes before class start again in January then LSU may not have a spot for DQ. This could go a week into January classes before where DQ goes is decided.

Doubtful it's crucial. I spoke incorrectly earlier this week. I am pretty certain now he does not have an offer right now to flip to. It looks like the LSU staff is buttering up to him so they have insurance with him if they miss on Noll and Dupre. If those 2 commit to LSU at the all star games or give LSU great vibes before class start again in January then LSU may not have a spot for DQ. This could go a week into January classes before where DQ goes is decided.

As you know, that's been the "plan" for awhile. It's a numbers issue for them. Some LSU insiders still think they can find room for a one&done wr IF they get all those wr recruits AND both Landry and Beckham leave early.

Do you really think it's critical? I believe it's a foregone conclusion that he will sign with LSU. As far and anyone can tell, he only committed to Auburn as a fall-back because LSU hadn't offered at the time. He's never visited here, never recruited for us, nothing. We should move on.

Anything but a foregone conclusion. At the time he committed to AU he had a commitable offer from LSU. He was committed to them 2 weeks before he committed to us remember. Respectfully Disagree with the moving on part. You don't move on from a guy committed to your team, especially if it's up in the air if he will even be able to commit to your biggest threat. To borrow part of something from Star Wars. You also don't move on from a guy who can single handedly bring balance to your offensive force like DQ can.

Archived