2014 5* JUCO WR D'Haquille Williams SIGNS WITH AUBURN!!!

Maverick.AU

CAM threw the ball more after he got comfortable in the system and he went through Spring camp. I do believe that NM will throw more next year. How much, it depends on the RBs and the strength of the O. Besides, if CGM wants a passing attack and NM can't do it, he won't win the job IMO.

This is the 11th game of the season...there is nothing more to get "comfortable" over. The reality is that Marshall does not possess a natural feel for throwing the football. It is blatantly obvious any time we throw down the field. He looks like he's trying to 'guide' the ball to the receiver; the long pass to Louis today being a perfect example. He had his man beat for a touchdown but the pass was under-thrown because Marshall is afraid of over-throwing like he was doing early in the season. He shows natural ability every once in a while; but it simply isn't consistent enough to believe that we will ever open up the passing game with Marshall as the QB.

completley agree.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PCB its not a stupid comment its the truth when it pertains to DQ. I'm happy we are running all over everyone but DQ is a receiver not a RB. Think about the statement and read up on the kid before u say a post is stupid. He's a selfish player who wants the ball all the time and thats not Auburn .. he can go where ever but at Auburn its a team game

yeah I can see that but the optimist in me really believes he's a little more intelligent than that lol.

CAM threw the ball more after he got comfortable in the system and he went through Spring camp. I do believe that NM will throw more next year. How much, it depends on the RBs and the strength of the O. Besides, if CGM wants a passing attack and NM can't do it, he won't win the job IMO.

This is the 11th game of the season...there is nothing more to get "comfortable" over. The reality is that Marshall does not possess a natural feel for throwing the football. It is blatantly obvious any time we throw down the field. He looks like he's trying to 'guide' the ball to the receiver; the long pass to Louis today being a perfect example. He had his man beat for a touchdown but the pass was under-thrown because Marshall is afraid of over-throwing like he was doing early in the season. He shows natural ability every once in a while; but it simply isn't consistent enough to believe that we will ever open up the passing game with Marshall as the QB.

Yeah, when was the last time a QB's passing game improved under CGM's guidance? No chance at all that Nick becomes a significantly improved passer by game one of next season.

Yeah, when was the last time a QB's passing game improved under CGM's guidance? No chance at all that Nick becomes a significantly improved passer by game one of next season.

That's crazy talk. NM should never throw a pass again. There is no way he will ever get any better. I don't know why he doesn't just give up. I forgot what the sarcastic color was.

That's crazy talk. NM should never throw a pass again. There is no way he will ever get any better. I don't know why he doesn't just give up. I forgot what the sarcastic color was.

Dude just be thankful Auburn won. Your rant is uncalled for.

Actually, no one has any idea what Gus can/will do with a 2nd year QB. It hasn't happened since he's been coaching in college. My guess is that you are right though. Marshall will improve and the disparity between the run game and the pass game won't be quite so great. I think Metafour is right that Marshall will not ever be an elite passing QB. My hope is that the rest of the team will be strong enough to not need an elite passer.

I was wondering during the game why Marshall wanted to be a QB so badly. Does he just want to enjoy college ball then go on to another career after graduation? I think he could be a championship college QB but I don't think he's going to be pro QB. He might have been a pro DB. Is it just the confidence that allows him to perform so well under pressure that keeps him from seeing that or do all of you see it differently than I do?

He even told you he was being sarcastic.

I recall it being yellow.

I'm pretty excited to see how improved Marshal will be after an entire offseason of getting reps. He has the arm and stays cool under pressure so if he can get a bit more consistent he could be a really good QB.

Not sure how Malzhan's offense is supposed to hurt WRs getting to the nfl. I'd say its a lot more likely that he just hasn't coached any teams with nfl caliber talent at WR. If you can run real fast and catch the football, then the nfl could care less what type of offense you were playing in. Hope DQ knows this as well.

He even told you he was being sarcastic.

You're right, my bad bg5. Sorry for not reading the entire post. WAR EAGLE buddy!

This opinion may not be shared by anyone but I am going to make and you guys can go back to your regularly scheduled debate if you see fit. I love every player on this team including the WRs. This game is a perfect example of why we need DQ on this team, even if it's just for 1 transitional year. I know and understand Nick made some bad and tough throws but many times our WRs did not help him out. Our WRs right now are average. Point. Blank. Period!

This opinion may not be shared by anyone but I am going to make and you guys can go back to your regularly scheduled debate if you see fit. I love every player on this team including the WRs. This game is a perfect example of why we need DQ on this team, even if it's just for 1 transitional year. I know and understand Nick made some bad and tough throws but many times our WRs did not help him out. Our WRs right now are average. Point. Blank. Period!

very true. I think our defense has performed the best we could hope for and more after what we've been through but a go to receiver is definitely absent in this offense. We need DQ one and done or not. He will make every over receiver twice as dangerous because of the attention he will require.

Gotta get him to Auburn. We won't suck without him but we will kill with him.

I disagree. Coates is explosive. Marcus Davis is just young and needs to grow a bit. CJ was good when well. And Jaylon Denson did all of the little things before he got injured. I'm not saying they are Rice & Taylor, but they are a good complimentary group. Adding a beast who can do it all would make defending them very difficult.

I think we need DQ badly. If you add a great player to Coates and give the QB two or three great options the Offense will be even that much better. Adding DQ will make this Offense unstoppable next year.

I think we need DQ badly. If you add a great player to Coates and give the QB two or three great options the Offense will be even that much better. Adding DQ will make this Offense unstoppable next year.

We do need a 5*, game breaking receiver badly. Whether we need DQ or not is another question. He's got a lot of "me first" attitude to lose before he does more good than damage at Auburn.

No, I don't know the guy personally. All I do is read the occasional quote and tweets posted here and look at how many AU games he's come to (is none correct?) and how much he's recruiting for us (Is not at all correct?) That's not what I like to see from somebody that's supposed to be looking forward to becoming an Auburn Tiger.

We do need a 5*, game breaking receiver badly. Whether we need DQ or not is another question. He's got a lot of "me first" attitude to lose before he does more good than damage at Auburn.

No, I don't know the guy personally. All I do is read the occasional quote and tweets posted here and look at how many AU games he's come to (is none correct?) and how much he's recruiting for us (Is not at all correct?) That's not what I like to see from somebody that's supposed to be looking forward to becoming an Auburn Tiger.

All fair and valid points Mikey. We would definitely take in a POTENTIAL TO personality if we sign DQ.

Ultimately for me I see DQ as the difference from Auburn being a BCS bowl team again in 2014 to a Championship team. I think he is the missing piece on the field. As for me, I want to go all in and get him because the potential reward in my mind is too great to pass up.

I disagree. Coates is explosive. Marcus Davis is just young and needs to grow a bit. CJ was good when well. And Jaylon Denson did all of the little things before he got injured. I'm not saying they are Rice & Taylor, but they are a good complimentary group. Adding a beast who can do it all would make defending them very difficult.

I can't consider them good as a group until they can consistently catch the ball and be aware of where they are on the field.

No one said that Marshall was a bad player, in fact, he is quite obviously a strong collegiate QB once you attribute what he can do running the football...but here we go again with you guys not being able to make objective analysis and then rushing to extremities anytime someone says anything remotely negative.

Feel for the pass is a natural skill. Once again, you guys remind me of the completely unwarranted belief a year or two ago that Frazier would magically improve on something that is uncoachable; which was a complete lack of feel for the game. Watch Nick Marshall throw the football, when he throws it outright looks like he is trying really really hard to place the ball where it is supposed to be. Throwing the football should NEVER look like that, the best in the game make it look effortless....as if their arm and brain are simultaneously adjusting on the fly to place the right amount of velocity, with the right amount of trajectory, in relation to where the receiver and defender are going to be at the time the ball will ultimately arrive. It is what separates Peyton Manning from any of the countless failures who had big arms and could throw "pretty" balls in shorts and a t-shirt. Yesterday Marshall had at least 4-5 throws that were blatantly off; including the first long completion to Louis which I mentioned earlier. He had Bray open on the sideline, he threw it out of bounds. He later had Coates open on the sideline, he threw it even further out of bounds. Near the end of the game when we still had the lead but were struggling mightily he had Coates open for what would have been a first down but he threw the ball ~2 yards behind him. This should have been blatantly obvious early in the season back when he was overthrowing guys that were 5 yards behind the defense...since then he has actually started under-throwing those plays, because he is not confident enough in his ability to hit the man in stride.

It is incredibly hard to open up a full passing offense when your quarterback can not consistently place the ball where it needs to be. You can set up the perfect play, have it execute perfectly, and the ball just doesn't arrive receivable. Failed play, loss of a down. It is what it is.

All fair and valid points Mikey. We would definitely take in a POTENTIAL TO personality if we sign DQ.

Ultimately for me I see DQ as the difference from Auburn being a BCS bowl team again in 2014 to a Championship team. I think he is the missing piece on the field. As for me, I want to go all in and get him because the potential reward in my mind is too great to pass up.

Yes, he is needed and wanted. Great game changer!

No one said that Marshall was a bad player, in fact, he is quite obviously a strong collegiate QB once you attribute what he can do running the football...but here we go again with you guys not being able to make objective analysis and then rushing to extremities anytime someone says anything remotely negative.

Feel for the pass is a natural skill. Once again, you guys remind me of the completely unwarranted belief a year or two ago that Frazier would magically improve on something that is uncoachable; which was a complete lack of feel for the game. Watch Nick Marshall throw the football, when he throws it outright looks like he is trying really really hard to place the ball where it is supposed to be. Throwing the football should NEVER look like that, the best in the game make it look effortless....as if their arm and brain are simultaneously adjusting on the fly to place the right amount of velocity, with the right amount of trajectory, in relation to where the receiver and defender are going to be at the time the ball will ultimately arrive. It is what separates Peyton Manning from any of the countless failures who had big arms and could throw "pretty" balls in shorts and a t-shirt. Yesterday Marshall had at least 4-5 throws that were blatantly off; including the first long completion to Louis which I mentioned earlier. He had Bray open on the sideline, he threw it out of bounds. He later had Coates open on the sideline, he threw it even further out of bounds. Near the end of the game when we still had the lead but were struggling mightily he had Coates open for what would have been a first down but he threw the ball ~2 yards behind him. This should have been blatantly obvious early in the season back when he was overthrowing guys that were 5 yards behind the defense...since then he has actually started under-throwing those plays, because he is not confident enough in his ability to hit the man in stride.

It is incredibly hard to open up a full passing offense when your quarterback can not consistently place the ball where it needs to be. You can set up the perfect play, have it execute perfectly, and the ball just doesn't arrive receivable. Failed play, loss of a down. It is what it is.

NM is plenty good enough to win with or Auburn would not be 10 - 1. I didn't realize we were grading our players against perfection. I see NFL QBs make bad throws routinely ie over throw or under throw or throw the ball behind the receiver. NM is still learning to play the position and it seems to me that nit picking his misses while minimizing the difference his presence has made on this team is a misguided waste of time.

NM is plenty good enough to win with or Auburn would not be 10 - 1. I didn't realize we were grading our players against perfection. I see NFL QBs make bad throws routinely ie over throw or under throw or throw the ball behind the receiver. NM is still learning to play the position and it seems to me that nit picking his misses while minimizing the difference his presence has made on this team is a misguided waste of time.

...yet, judging by this thread, it seems perfectly acceptable to run down our current WRs for their shortcomings even though our run game- Marshall's success on the perimeter in particular- wouldn't be nearly what it is without the excellent blocking they provide (and they provide it rather enthusiastically, especially considering that they rarely get thrown to).

We agree!!!! Yet another miracle this weekend.

...yet, judging by this thread, it seems perfectly acceptable to run down our current WRs for their shortcomings even though our run game- Marshall's success on the perimeter in particular- wouldn't be nearly what it is without the excellent blocking they provide (and they provide it rather enthusiastically, especially considering that they rarely get thrown to).

Not running down at all. Just an honest, objective appraisal of the pass catching abilities they have shown to this point. There is no question they have been great run blockers.

Archived