2014 5* JUCO WR D'Haquille Williams SIGNS WITH AUBURN!!!

Maverick.AU

I just can't imagine how hard it will be for Def. backfields to have to decide who to double cover between DQ and Coates. It will add just another level to what may go down as one of the best offenses ever next year. If we can get him we may avg. in the 50's every game.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do need a 5*, game breaking receiver badly. Whether we need DQ or not is another question. He's got a lot of "me first" attitude to lose before he does more good than damage at Auburn.

No, I don't know the guy personally. All I do is read the occasional quote and tweets posted here and look at how many AU games he's come to (is none correct?) and how much he's recruiting for us (Is not at all correct?) That's not what I like to see from somebody that's supposed to be looking forward to becoming an Auburn Tiger.

All fair and valid points Mikey. We would definitely take in a POTENTIAL TO personality if we sign DQ.

Ultimately for me I see DQ as the difference from Auburn being a BCS bowl team again in 2014 to a Championship team. I think he is the missing piece on the field. As for me, I want to go all in and get him because the potential reward in my mind is too great to pass up.

IMO, AU is a couple of LBers away from being a Championship team next year.

I think our WRs are really good. I just think we're asking guys to take one step up the ladder farther than their ability. Coates isn't a WR1. He's a deep threat that can take the top off the defense, but we don't have a 1 so he's got to fill that go-to role.

If you had a true WR1, everyone slots almost perfectly into a role. Sammie is a perfect deep threat. Louis is a bear in the slot. Davis works as a possession receiver. All we're missing is the consistent first option. This is a good receiving corp that could be great with one addition.

Maybe Tre and Co. can be those missing pieces. With that said, Given how much SEC offenses should be down next year a complete Auburn O and average play from LBs should get us to the playoffs in 2014.

Maybe Tre and Co. can be those missing pieces. With that said, Given how much SEC offenses should be down next year a complete Auburn O and average play from LBs should get us to the playoffs in 2014.

And it looks like AU is addressing the LBer situation. This is going to be AUsome. :-) This offseason and next year are going to be FUN.

And it looks like AU is addressing the LBer situation. This is going to be AUsome. :-) This offseason and next year are going to be FUN.

THIS year is FUN.

THIS year is FUN.

Very TRUE.

I know all the cliche's of being committed until they aren't...or committed and then they sign...etc etc. Just curious on your take on odds of retaining Williams' commitment. If he 100% solid? He reminds me a lot of Beckham at Mizzou in regards to talent.

I know all the cliche's of being committed until they aren't...or committed and then they sign...etc etc. Just curious on your take on odds of retaining Williams' commitment. If he 100% solid? He reminds me a lot of Beckham at Mizzou in regards to talent.

I don't do %s but if I had to guess right now I say he picks LSU.

Eeek. That scares me. I am sure he sees our system as run heavy though.

Oh boy, here we go again :)

Here we go again? So he probably doesn't view our system as run heavy? Have you noticed our national rank in rushing offense? Do you see that changing?

Here we go again? So he probably doesn't view our system as run heavy? Have you noticed our national rank in rushing offense? Do you see that changing?

Have you read the last 5 or 6 pages of this thread? I actually agree with you, btw. Settle down.

Have you read the last 5 or 6 pages of this thread? I actually agree with you, btw. Settle down.

Settle down? As if I am not? I was just simply asking for clarification on your comment. And no, I did not read all 74 pages of this thread. I may have skipped 1 or 2 :)

Settle down? As if I am not? I was just simply asking for clarification on your comment. And no, I did not read all 74 pages of this thread. I may have skipped 1 or 2 :)

Fair enough. There was a prolonged discussion about our run-heavy offense- to include numerous talking points and some arguing about why we're so run-heavy- and how and/or why it may or may not affect Williams's decision on where to sign.

I think we all agree that we hope he signs with the good guys, though :wareagle:

We have strong throwing QBs in JJ and Sean White. We are run heavy now because of Qb issues and emerging receivers this year. But AU offense is about a more balanced although run first offense. I'm sure our coaches are making the case to him.

We have strong throwing QBs in JJ and Sean White.

Problem is, neither of those are any more proven than a first year starter for LSU. If DQ doesn't see NM developing into a guy who can deliver him the ball constantly, it's a toss up...and local usually wins out in that instance.

I really don't think DQ is thinking "Auburn don't pass." He is probably hearing what he needs to hear from Craig on that situation. Have you seen videos with Craig yelling at Trovon? He is not satisfied with the play of the WR. Travis Rudolph and DQ are probably highly aware of what they will accomplish at Auburn. That's what great recruiters do. They don't say watch the games. "That's what we do, and that's all we will do. You all in?" lol

DQ as E has mentioned close to 1,000,000 times already is its the distance from home, it's his instate team, and it's his spot if they miss out on the targets which is now to close to call for Les so thr staff is making sure DQ is getting attention too. So they can look pretty after some big wins coming up

I really don't think DQ is thinking "Auburn don't pass." He is probably hearing what he needs to hear from Craig on that situation. Have you seen videos with Craig yelling at Trovon? He is not satisfied with the play of the WR. Travis Rudolph and DQ are probably highly aware of what they will accomplish at Auburn. That's what great recruiters do. They don't say watch the games. "That's what we do, and that's all we will do. You all in?" lol

DQ as E has mentioned close to 1,000,000 times already is its the distance from home, it's his instate team, and it's his spot if they miss out on the targets which is now to close to call for Les so thr staff is making sure DQ is getting attention too. So they can look pretty after some big wins coming up

Now it's also about Beckham and Landry likely going pro and LSU filling that with quality experience like DQ.

Lets all let this season play out. DQ has never been 100% to AU IMO anyway. He has made it clear he would prefer LSU and I don't blame him in his situation. Either way we will be fine IYAM. Would it be awesome if we had him next year? Sure. Are we trending with anyone else at WR? Yes and we still have a long way to go until February.

But just for the record, if he chooses LSU over AU, it won't be because we don't throw enough!!! It will be because LSU gave him a commitable offer. Plain and simple. We could throw evry down between now and signing day, and he would still pick LSU if they want him. That is just the way it is!! Anyone saying anything different has an axe to grind of some type. Sorry, just stating facts.

Is there anything we can do on our end (i.e. keep winning, keep landing major recruits, etc.) to better sell him, or does it pretty much come down to whether or not he gets the offer from LSWho?

Nope. CDC is doing all he can by having DQ trust in him and the plan for DQ. Right now it's trusting DQ and having an experienced QB versus playing right by home so his family will not have to travel.

Is there anything we can do on our end (i.e. keep winning, keep landing major recruits, etc.) to better sell him, or does it pretty much come down to whether or not he gets the offer from LSWho?

Nope. CDC is doing all he can by having DQ trust in him and the plan for DQ. Right now it's trusting DQ and having an experienced QB versus playing right by home so his family will not have to travel.

I feel good about having CDC recruting him

I feel good about having CDC recruting him

This is a situation with DQ. We cannot change it. He may end up at AU. Time will tell.

Close to home or getting away from home depends on the individual. This is a kid that wanted to stay close to home but didn't think he would get an offer now it appears that LSU wants him. He really seems to like Auburn but he would love to have his family see him as often as possible. Then other things are confusing LSU seems to fit this year with current QB but that QB will be gone next year. Auburn seems to be run first and only pass if you have to. Most of us believe that is because NM came in late. So kid wants to stay close to home likes Auburn and wants to showcase his skills to help himself to get to next level.

This is a tough choice for anybody to make and especially for a kid. I will understand if he picks LSU I will wish him luck except when we play them, but I will be elated if he stays with us. I will say this is he stays with us we will show him the love and he will not regret the decision

Archived