2014 5* JUCO WR D'Haquille Williams SIGNS WITH AUBURN!!!

Maverick.AU

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we still behind LSU?

Nobody knows but the trending thought on the Auburn side is Auburn has been ahead since he decommitted from LSU.

Question...does Juco players participate in camps or 7 on 7s or is it strictly reserved for HS kids...

They have camps.

Question...does Juco players participate in camps or 7 on 7s or is it strictly reserved for HS kids...

They have camps.

I used to love camps! Making smores, sitting around the campfire telling stories, games all day long. Hope D'haquille has as much fun as I did.

I really would like for us to get a WR that is a threat to take it to the house and makes the QB's job a little easier as well. Troop left a bare cupboard for CDC as he did VERY little actual coaching for us. Shameful IMO on his part.

I really would like for us to get a WR that is a threat to take it to the house and makes the QB's job a little easier as well. Troop left a bare cupboard for CDC as he did VERY little actual coaching for us. Shameful IMO on his part.

Don't want to start an argument but we have sammie coates, ricardo louis, jaylon denson, quan bray, and travon reed who all are capable of being playmakers. It wasn't Troop's fault the QB's couldn't get them the ball

Don't want to start an argument but we have sammie coates, ricardo louis, jaylon denson, quan bray, and travon reed who all are capable of being playmakers. It wasn't Troop's fault the QB's couldn't get them the ball

Not to mention Adams, Zachary, and Blake.

It was Troop's fault they were not coached well though. Hall of Fame WR Tim Brown announced one of Auburn's games and the week Tim came to Auburn to scout the team one of the WRs asked him if Tim could show him how to get separation. Brown was shocked and asked Troop if he was not teaching that and why. Troop told him something to the affect we don't have time to teach that here. Getting separation has been an achillies heel for the WRs the past few years with a few exceptions.

I had not heard that before, and that is shocking. Disturbing and shocking. I knew he fell short in coaching but, lordy, that's just pathetic. Disturbing, shocking and pathetic.

It was Troop's fault they were not coached well though. Hall of Fame WR Tim Brown announced one of Auburn's games and the week Tim came to Auburn to scout the team one of the WRs asked him if Tim could show him how to get separation. Brown was shocked and asked Troop if he was not teaching that and why. Troop told him something to the affect we don't have time to teach that here. Getting separation has been an achillies heel for the WRs the past few years with a few exceptions.

The exceptions are probably just the guys that learned to do it on there own, or where taught by the previous staff. Blake probably learned from growing up in an NFL family and Zachary and Adams were both here before. That also makes things a lot harder on the QB. Hard to throw a good pass when no one knows how to get open...

The kids seemed to love TT. However, it seems that the coaches are having to teach them to run crisp clean routes.

The kids seemed to love TT. However, it seems that the coaches are having to teach them to run crisp clean routes.

Sure they loved him, he was more of their pal than anything else. But he was suppose to be there to coach them in how to play WR in the SEC. I have thought about this several times over the last year. I don't recall a single time in video interviews where TT actually talked in detail about coaching the Xs and Os or fundamentals of the WR position. I may have missed it but I don't recall it once.

He talked a lot about blocking and really emphasized catching the ball as I recall. Drops always seemed to be a problem under Tubbs imo so I was glad to see that emphasis. I remember him saying that if it was within a few feet of the receiver then it was their job to catch it, good throw or not. Other than that, I don't really remember what he talked about football wise.

He talked a lot about blocking and really emphasized catching the ball as I recall. Drops always seemed to be a problem under Tubbs imo so I was glad to see that emphasis. I remember him saying that if it was within a few feet of the receiver then it was their job to catch it, good throw or not. Other than that, I don't really remember what he talked about football wise.

Yes, he was big on talking about blocking.

That was a decent article about D Williams on page 12. This excerpt from the article sounds fairly good for AU right now compared to some of the others. (free)

Williams: From JUCO ranks to NFL ?

7_958496.jpg

On LSU- “They are still in the running, but they aren’t showing me much interest,” Williams said of LSU. “They think they will just come in at the end and I will commit. But it doesn’t work like that. It’s a business. When I mean business, you have to work your way in with that player and get to know him and his family and his friends. They haven’t done that yet.” Other schools that have been involved with Williams include Auburn, Texas A&M, Texas and Alabama. Here were his comments on those schools:

On Auburn -- “That will be one of my official visit schools. Their coaching staff is good and I liked the environment and the way they treated me when I was at their spring game. They treat you like you are one of them.”

On Texas -- “I have been talking to (assistant coach Bo) Davis. He will tell you what’s real and what’s right from wrong. I like Texas and I wouldn’t mind playing under Mack Brown .”

On Texas A&M -- “They have a great school and they are very good. I wouldn’t mind playing at Texas A&M. One of my high school teammates (Floyd Raven) is there. Plus, they have a Heisman Trophy winner (Johnny Manziel) at quarterback, so I know he would find a way to get me the ball.”

On Alabama -- “Alabama offered, but it’s a run school. They have four or five running backs and then when they do throw the ball they throw it to one receiver.”

link: http://auburn.247spo...out-year-134960

I thought this was interesting also.

On LSU- “They are still in the running, but they aren’t showing me much interest,” Williams said of LSU. “They think they will just come in at the end and I will commit. But it doesn’t work like that. It’s a business. When I mean business, you have to work your way in with that player and get to know him and his family and his friends. They haven’t done that yet.” Other schools that have been involved with Williams include Auburn, Texas A&M, Texas and Alabama. Here were his comments on those schools:

Well he was committed to LSU recently, so I think he is just a spurned recruit right now. Great if we can get him, but despite statement to the contrary, he is probably LSU's to lose.

I am surprised LSU has dropped the ball like that but right now it's good for AU.

Given the in state talent at WR this year in Louisiana I am only partially surprised. 4 of the top 14 WRs in this class in the high school lever are from Louisiana.

Yea

I am surprised LSU has dropped the ball like that but right now it's good for AU.

Given the in state talent at WR this year in Louisiana I am only partially surprised. 4 of the top 14 WRs in this class in the high school lever are from Louisiana.

Yeah, but from the sounds of it, this guy's on another level.

Yea

Yeah, but from the sounds of it, this guy's on another level.

He is but LSU can afford to pass on a one and done guy like Williams given all the in state high school talent at WR. Auburn can't. We need game changers where ever we can find them.

I hate when recruits use the term "business" when it comes recruiting. No offense to him but that word has put a bad taste in my mouth.

I thought the article was a touch unusual ... Surely juco to nfl isn't really a remote possibility. At this point, considering the road he has traveled, you would think completing his education would have moved way up in importance.

Archived