2014 4* RB Adam Choice (Clemson signee)

Dixie1860

I just really can't stand Clemson! When the Gus Bus turns this thing around, I hope we get Clemson back on our schedule.

Agreed. I don't say this often, but I hope UGA tears their AZZ up Aug 31.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just really can't stand Clemson! When the Gus Bus turns this thing around, I hope we get Clemson back on our schedule.

Agreed. I don't say this often, but I hope UGA tears their AZZ up Aug 31.

Before 2010, I would have agreed, but since 2010 I will be pulling for Clemson. A lot of the Clemson fans seem to be complete a--holes, but the mutt fans are worse.

I understand the disdain for Clemson but I do not understand it's relevance here. The staff is waiting on Roc or Chubb to make their decision. Choice could not have picked Auburn right now even if he wanted to.

I understand the disdain for Clemson but I do not understand it's relevance here. The staff is waiting on Roc or Chubb to make their decision. Choice could not have picked Auburn right now even if he wanted to.

I don't disagree with you often. However, in this instance I find it almost outlandish to think we would not have accepted a commitment from a top 100 back the likes of Choice.

Why?

I strongly...strongly doubt we'll get Nick Chubb. He's coming to Big Cat, yes. But it's going to take some kind of miracle to pull that kid away from UGA. On top of that, Roc Thomas is FAR from a guaranteed get. Any Oxford recruit is bound to be a battle to pull at the least.

If we were waiting on Roc Thomas and Nick Chubb to make their decisions, we may have just sacrificed an outstanding tailback.

I don't disagree with you often. However, in this instance I find it almost outlandish to think we would not have accepted a commitment from a top 100 back the likes of Choice.

Why?

I strongly...strongly doubt we'll get Nick Chubb. He's coming to Big Cat, yes. But it's going to take some kind of miracle to pull that kid away from UGA. On top of that, Roc Thomas is FAR from a guaranteed get. Any Oxford recruit is bound to be a battle to pull at the least.

If we were waiting on Roc Thomas and Nick Chubb to make their decisions, we may have just sacrificed an outstanding tailback.

Don't be so overdramatic. No matter who the coaches sign will do well at RB in this system. You can disagree with me all you want but the reality is the coaches are taking 1 more RB and Choice was third on that short list. Do I agree with the coaches there? Because we only have 2 edge backs, no. But what you, I or any other fan thinks does not matter. The reality is for Choice to be in Auburn's class he would have to wait on Roc and Chubb.

Why?

Don't be so overdramatic. No matter who the coaches sign will do well at RB in this system. You can disagree with me all you want but the reality is the coaches are taking 1 more RB and Choice was third on that short list. Do I agree with the coaches there? Because we only have 2 edge backs, no. But what you, I or any other fan thinks does not matter. The reality is for Choice to be in Auburn's class he would have to wait on Roc and Chubb.

We all know that depends on who they might get. If a top 10 back wants to commit and they already have two, they'll take him. I know that, you know that and the coaches know that.

Why?

We all know that depends on who they might get. If a top 10 back wants to commit and they already have two, they'll take him. I know that, you know that and the coaches know that.

Yes. Taking botth Chubb and Roc is the only way the coaches take 2 more at this point unless Tre or CAP has a blowout season and goes pro. Then other scenarios would be available for the coaches to take 2 instead of 1. My bad for not reclarrifying that.

I can't see that we would not accept a commitment from any one of those three just because we were waiting on another one. JMO but these guys are more or less interchangeable and as noted above, whichever (if any of them) picks AU will be seamlessly fitted into Gus's offense. We are starting to build some depth at RB but CAP will be just two years. I guess it soon will come back to the question as to whether the prospect of red-shirting is objectionable to one or more of these kids.

You can never have to many RB's or QB's. I remember a few years ago we were "absolutely loaded at RB". It turns out we weren't. I remember hearing, before last season, "we are absolutely loaded at QB". Turns out...........

I would hate to think we feel like we are in a position to be telling quality RB's they will have to wait for somebody else to make a decision. A RB in hand is worth more than five uncommitted RB's IMO.

Why?

Yes. Taking botth Chubb and Roc is the only way the coaches take 2 more at this point unless Tre or CAP has a blowout season and goes pro. Then other scenarios would be available for the coaches to take 2 instead of 1. My bad for not reclarrifying that.

JMO, but I have to say I am disappointed with the Choice news. He was supposed to be ours, if we wanted him. I understand he may be 3rd on our list, but as stated by others, we have low odds on getting Chubb, who is most likely UGA bound, and Roc apparently grew up a Bama fan; even if bama offers at the last minute, that may very well be all Roc wants.

I would love to have either Chubb or Roc, but.......easier said than done.

Why?

JMO, but I have to say I am disappointed with the Choice news. He was supposed to be ours, if we wanted him. I understand he may be 3rd on our list, but as stated by others, we have low odds on getting Chubb, who is most likely UGA bound, and Roc apparently grew up a Bama fan; even if bama offers at the last minute, that may very well be all Roc wants.

I would love to have either Chubb or Roc, but.......easier said than done.

At this stage of the game, I doubt few guys are ours "if we want him"....not many kids are going to wait around while a school is still shopping around for someone they have higher preference for. The idea that we will take your commitment if someone else says 'no" will not fly very well. And of course we already know that a commitment is meaningless anyway.... so Clemson might be happy now....but come signing day....who knows? :dunno:

so Clemson might be happy now....but come signing day....who knows? :dunno:

Exactly. Chad Morris will likely be a HC at seasons end so that will change alot of things in this class for them offensively.

I like Choice as well for the reason E stated above about a lack of edge backs. That said, Both Roc and Chubb are a notch above Choice on our board and this committment by Choice was probably even suggested for him by our staff. It has been said by several recruits that our staff is taking a mentor role with these kids, even helping them decide what the best move is for the player IF they don't come to Auburn. This is a smart move for Adam. Our coaches are pretty confident in their chances of landing Roc or Chubb. (Roc IMO) We have to be progressive in regards to recruiting.

All that said, I feel like there is a chance that we come back around for Choice later in the process once things have shaken out a little. As we have seen lately, you are never TOO deep at any position. A fact not lost on our coaches. There are still 9 months til NSD.

JMO but, I would have taken Choice all on his own. Then I would let the Roc/Chubb stuff sort itself out. If we got 1 of them, both of them or none of them, it would be a separate issue. In fact with Choice on board, it may even provide a little pressure on the other two to think the door may be closing, although that is not the reason I would take Choice..

JMO but, I would have taken Choice all on his own. Then I would let the Roc/Chubb stuff sort itself out.

Agreed

JMO but, I would have taken Choice all on his own. Then I would let the Roc/Chubb stuff sort itself out.

Agreed

Wow everyone!!! Four months into Gus & Co's tenure and IM70 and E (of all the people) are ripping on their recruiting!!! You heard it here first guys. :poke:

They know better than the guys making six and seven figures.

Agreed

Wow everyone!!! Four months into Gus & Co's tenure and IM70 and E (of all the people) are ripping on their recruiting!!! You heard it here first guys. :poke:

Not at all. And I already said our opinions do not matter.

Agreed

Not at all. And I already said our opinions do not matter.

I forgot to use the yellow font but I was completely joking E, you know that. i could not agree with your and IM's assesment any more than I already do. I told you I was down in Thomas County last month and all the guys sitting outside the Qwickie-Mart playing checker's said he was the best ATH they had seen since you had Charlie Ward (FSU) and Shawn Jones (GA TECH, 1990 Natty QB) at Thomas County and Central-Thomasville at the same time. He just can't throw like they could but he is a better natural runner than either Ward or Jones.

Can you imagine what the games were like in Thomas County Vs. Central-Thomasville back then?

Agreed

Even well paid smart people can make a mistake. I'm not saying this is a mistake but IMO you take a solid RB like Choice and tell Chubb and Roc it's odd man out. Of course they may know some things we don't.

Agreed

Even well paid smart people can make a mistake. I'm not saying this is a mistake but IMO you take a solid RB like Choice and tell Chubb and Roc it's odd man out. Of course they may know some things we don't.

Did I miss something? Did someone from AU tell Choice to wait awhile and we would see if we could accept his commitment? I find that hard to accept. More likely we did not press him as hard as Clemson and they were able to give him the impression that he was "the man" in their eyes. It's a long time until NSD....and lots of kids will end up at schools other than their current commitment.

Agreed

and lots of kids will end up at schools other than their current commitment.

Common myth. Reality is less than 10% of the kids who commit sign with a different school. It just seems a lot more because of all the pub and buzz the flippers make.

We would've taken Choice's commitment. Understand the arguments to the contrary, but can't imagine it any other way.

Believe that all you want but the info I have gotten says otherwise.

here is a "what if" for ya ... what if the coaches already know something and suggested (as E infers) that he should go to another school that fits his talents (and we are not playing in the near future)

Archived