Well, what do you think?

Are we in? 33-23 overall, 13-18 SEC; 3 straight series wins over SEC teams that more than likely will make the NCAA tournament; however, a loss to Alabama to exit the SEC tournament early; also, an rip, as of now, of 32. We will know for sure next week, but, have the tigers played themselves out of the NCAAs with their weak OOC schedule, and early exit from Hoover, or have they done quite the opposite with series wins over #18 Texas A&M, a win vs # 10 Mississippi State, and series wins against #18 Ole Miss, at once ranked Florida, and against #11 Arkansas? Yes or no and why?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the teams that are supposed to win, win...then we are in! If some teams out there win their conference tourney we may be in trouble. I think we barely make it but I'm wouldn't bet money on it.

FWIW, I think we are in. But with AU regressing back to their old ways of errors and poor base running I'm not sure it matters.

Not in. We don't even have a .500 SEC record.

Matter of fact we can hardly see .500 from here.

Weak OOC schedule.

Early exit from Conf Tourney.

No way.

I think the season is over. We were a bubble team that lost to Bama to exit the SEC tournament.

I also expect a new coach. JJ is still trying to hang on.

I think the season is over. We were a bubble team that lost to Bama to exit the SEC tournament.

I still hope so, I'm about sick of Paw ball. Been a pitiful couple of years. If we would of won the games we SHOULD of won (Troy, JSU, etc) we would probably be in. But yea, I'm not really sure right now.

I still hope so, I'm about sick of Paw ball. Been a pitiful couple of years. If we would of won the games we SHOULD of won (Troy, JSU, etc) we would probably be in. But yea, I'm not really sure right now.

Didn't really want this to turn into another coaching discussion board but, I see your point. I did see that before the Bama game today, ChasingOmaha.com had us projected as high as a 2 seed in the Clemson regional. Although that certainly won't happen now, hopefully we won't fall too far as to where we're out. My gut feeling is that we're in, and I hope like heck im right.

http://www.chasingomaha.com/college-baseball-news/chasing-omaha-regional-projections-5202013.html

I'm gonna say close but no cigar. Too many negatives. Absolutely hope I'm wrong though. WDE.

We were the tenth seed in the SEC tournament and got ousted our first game there. I don't think ten SEC teams will be selected.

Our wimpy OOC schedule would cause raised eyebrows even if we had six more wins.

We finished last in the SEC West and that's something the selection committee won't like.

Our best, and really only hope is that there are absolutely no upsets in any conference tournaments. If all the favorites win we may have a shot but that's hoping for a lot.

I wouldn't bet either way, but if pressed I'd say we're out.

...ChasingOmaha.com had us projected as high as a 2 seed in the Clemson regional.

http://www.chasingom...ns-5202013.html

I had a hard time giving that credibility when I saw it. About half the polls out there don't even have Clemson ranked, hard to believe they would get a hosting gig. Maybe that will be the seventeenth regional and we'll have our own little tournament.

We were the tenth seed in the SEC tournament and got ousted our first game there. I don't think ten SEC teams will be selected.

Our wimpy OOC schedule would cause raised eyebrows even if we had six more wins.

We finished last in the SEC West and that's something the selection committee won't like.

Our best, and really only hope is that there are absolutely no upsets in any conference tournaments. If all the favorites win we may have a shot but that's hoping for a lot.

I wouldn't bet either way, but if pressed I'd say we're out.

I tend to agree with this. There will not be 10 teams from the SEC and we did nothing to improve on that 10th spot yesterday. Overall record is nothing to crow about, losing SEC record, finishing last in division and quick exit yesterday. Hard to see justification for the NCAA's.

Just for a point of reference, when Renfro was let go he had an overall winning percentage of .611 and a SEC winning percentage of .500. JP is currently .595 and .473 respectively and he has finished 5th or worse in the division in 3 of his 5 years (last or next to last). Just sayin

I think we are in unless there are quite a few upsets around the country in conference tournaments. If we would have beaten Alabama, I don't think there would have been any doubt. But they are a decent team and it's not a bad loss on paper (even though we all know it was pretty ugly in person). My opinion is the selection committee won't put nearly as much weight on conference record as they will on RPI, strength of schedule, top 25/50/100 records, and series wins (which we were 5-5). Our stats aren't great but good enough to make it in. However, if Texas A&M somehow beats Vandy today, they might take our spot.

I can't see any way that we're in. Of course, I didn't think we were in before yesterday. Still thought we had work to do in the SEC tourney to have a shot. OOC schedule is too weak and a losing conference record doesn't balance that out well. If we had gone 15-15, 16-14 in the SEC, then yes, we're in. But if you look at the season as a whole and not just the last three weeks, we really don't stack up well for an at-large bid.

Well we may make it in, but when folks throw out the stats of the other bubble teams, it becomes apparent that NONE of the bubble teams should be jumping up and down in joy.

Heck, it actually makes me wonder of the field should be reduced from the number of teams now.

I hope we are a better fundamental team next year. The defensive contrast yeaterday was striking.

Sigh... I just want to play more baseball. Found this btw; baseball America "suspects" both Auburn and Alabama in regardless of win or loss for either side in SEC tournament play in game. Scroll down to the section on the SEC to see actual quote.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/college-stock-report-week-15

You seem to be in the minority.....lots of folks are eager to call it a year so they can continue their campaign against JJ. Reminds me of a couple UT friends who were eager for Fulmer to lose enough games that they could fire him. Eventually they got what they wanted and ....and I expect the same guys are now hoping that the same thing happens to Dooley. "The grass is always greener....."

You seem to be in the minority.....lots of folks are eager to call it a year so they can continue their campaign against JJ. Reminds me of a couple UT friends who were eager for Fulmer to lose enough games that they could fire him. Eventually they got what they wanted and ....and I expect the same guys are now hoping that the same thing happens to Dooley. "The grass is always greener....."

My thinking is this: we've got nothing to cheer for as an Auburn Family until the Gus Bus fires up the engines in 99 days. All I'm wanting for this team is to see us make a regional, and then to see where we get from there. I like to evaluate the season when the season is done, but right now, I hold to the fact that we are not completely out of anything except the SEC tourney right now, and nothing else.

Dooley was fired after last season. They brought in Butch Jones from Cincy.

So they did....forgot that....but what' that make....now on their third coach since Fulmer left about 5 years ago? And we've are on #3....probably going on 4 since Baird left after 16 years.....and lots of lean seasons for all of them including HB some years. Looks to me that AU's problem is about more than coaching....though I'm not sure what it might be.

So they did....forgot that....but what' that make....now on their third coach since Fulmer left about 5 years ago? And we've are on #3....probably going on 4 since Baird left after 16 years.....and lots of lean seasons for all of them including HB some years. Looks to me that AU's problem is about more than coaching....though I'm not sure what it might be.

I do agree it may be more than just coaching. However, I very much understand the game of baseball. We just lack basic fundamentals IMO. This isn't a one season thing either. There is not one aspect of the game that we are above par IMO. From everything I know, Coach Paw is a great guy. If he stays I will support and hope he turns things around. I just don't trust, that the product I have seen the last few years, will consistently win games. There are just to many flaws, IMO, and it has nothing to do with talent.

I do agree it may be more than just coaching. However, I very much understand the game of baseball. We just lack basic fundamentals IMO. This isn't a one season thing either. There is not one aspect of the game that we are above par IMO. From everything I know, Coach Paw is a great guy. If he stays I will support and hope he turns things around. I just don't trust, that the product I have seen the last few years, will consistently win games. There are just to many flaws, IMO, and it has nothing to do with talent.

Really priez le disent :-\

Don't know what that means and not going to look it up. You understand the game of golf like most don't. I played this game at a level not many do. I wasn't a pitcher that doesn't understand the game either.

Don't know what that means and not going to look it up. You understand the game of golf like most don't. I played this game at a level not many do. I wasn't a pitcher that doesn't understand the game either.

What the heck does that mean? So you weren't a pitcher and you didn't understand the game??? How many beers have you had.

As for your statement "You understand the game of golf like most don't"

You are correct....

What the heck does that mean? So you weren't a pitcher and you didn't understand the game??? How many beers have you had.

As for your statement "You understand the game of golf like most don't"

You are correct....

That tells me you don't know the game...

Pitchers learn to pitch and what bag they should cover in a certain situation. They don't learn how to take a lead off of a bag. They don't learn how to run the bags. They don't learn how to talk in the field. They don't learn who the cut-off man is and how to line them up with the bag. They don't learn how to peak in and see what the pitch is and the location, which helps in positioning yourself in the field. They certainly don't learn how to hit. Most pitchers are absolutely lost on a field except for the raised part of it that is 60' 6" from the plate. There are a few Tim Hudson's out there, but not many.

Archived