Fall Camp - Practice 12 (Mon, Aug 12)

RunInRed

Monday's practice schedule ...

4:20 p.m. -- Practice (no media viewing window)

6:45 p.m. -- CGM, selected players interviews

So ... sit tight as substantial updates won't start flowing until ~7:00PM CT ... and as we alluded to and are discussing here, it could be a newsworthy post-practice presser. Stay tuned ...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Onetime Auburn starter Kiehl Frazer voluntarily moves to safety today

@jzenor

Malzahn said Kiehl Frazier has moved full-time to safety. Calls him a class act who wanted to help the team any way he could.

Malzahn on Frazier: "He can still do some things on offense, but he's putting his energy into safety."

Malzahn is not ruling out Jonathan Wallace as a starter, but Marshall and Johnson will split reps 50-50 with the first team.

@TheAUPlainsman

Malzahn on Frazier: "He's going to be full-time safety. He can still do some things on offense, but he's putting his energy into safety."

Malzahn said Jonathan Wallace will stay at quarterback: "I think he's a quarterback, and he's a good one."

Malzahn said timing of decision was based on need to narrow the QB race after Saturday, at midway point of camp.

With Marshall and Johnson, Malzahn said he's looking at who has command of offense, who can move offense into the end zone, etc.

Malzahn said he and Rhett Lashlee talked to all 4 QBs yesterday, then made decision. It was Frazier's idea to move to safety.

@AUBlog

Nick Marshall and Jeremy Johnson lead QB race

@BMatt247

Malzahn said that reps between Marshall and Johnson will be close to 50-50 this week.

Malzahn didn't want to think about whether Johnson would redshirt this year if he doesn't win the starting position. Too early for that.

@wareagleextra

Gus Malzahn: "We had a 22-period practice today. I felt like it was a solid practice, about the mid-way point through our fall camp."

Malzahn says QBs will not be live in tomorrow's scrimmage

Malzahn on Jeremy Johnson: "If he is not the starter we'll come up with a plan obviously."

Malzahn: "We're trying to put those two guys with our main group this week."

@JamesCrepea

Malzahn said Kiehl Frazier had no thoughts of transferring: "He loves Auburn, cares about Auburn."

Malzahn said the coaches are stressing ball security to Nick Marshall. Malzahn said Marshall is doing a good job.

No surprise. Marshall and Johnson got LOTS of reps during the first two scrimmages. Watch out for Johnson after Saturday.

@JHokanson

Malzahn said the two new guys deserve the chance to compete and get reps after Saturday scrimmage

@ITATJason

9131718.jpeg

via

Frazier is a hoss. I really hope he excels at safety . He may knock some people out. He is pure class. AUQBDAD has done a fantastic job of raising him. Glad he's on our team.

Malzahn said Demetruce McNeal practiced today for first time

@ITATJason

Malzahn says Justin Garrett is "much improved" and "nothing lengthy" but not too long

Malzahn says Tony Stevens was not available Saturday, was today.

@JamesCrepea

Malzahn said he doesn't expect Justin Garrett to be out long. He's "day to day" right now.

@AUBlog

Best wishes to KF. A class act indeed.

FYI: Nice job E, Stats and Bird getting that info. out before it actually came "out." :clap:

I was thinking the other day that Kiehl would make a probably make a great safety. I hope the position change works out for him like it did for Kodi.

I wish him the best at safety. With his size he could really do some damage. This move should show people that he wants what is best for the team and will help him win more respect with fans.

Didn't see this coming. Best wishes to KF, and here is to hoping he rattles some head gear!!

He played safety in high school.

Whoa, I couldn't be more surprised if I woke up with my head stapled to the carpet! (Christmas Vacation shout out to those who know that line :))

Archived