2013 Fall Camp - Practice 18--Scrimmage (Sat, Aug 17)

RunInRed

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the pieces should fit together after today. Gettin close to the real deal now. Not too much longer now fellers!

Wonder if Gustav will come out with who the QB will be for game1. I kinda wish he would keep it under his visor till kickoff. Keep em guessing.

Will young Mr. Tuberville be allowed to speak to the media after he is announced as starting qb?

Wonder if Gustav will come out with who the QB will be for game1. I kinda wish he would keep it under his visor till kickoff. Keep em guessing.

We'll know by Monday.

I look at it this way. If Gus is truly undecided, then whoever looks the best today is the starter. Or if he has an idea if who it will be then we will see that one get more reps today.

Hopefully after todays scrimmage all the coaches will have seen enough to know who will be the best 11 players are on both sides of the ball to prepare with for game 1.

Due to inclement weather, Saturday's scrimmage has been moved from Jordan-Hare to the indoor practice facility. There won't be a media viewing period so no video or pics. We'll talk to Coach Malzahn and player afterwards, around 11:45 am.

via @BMatt247 (free content)

I hope we get lots of final decisions on starters today.

I think when the team starts practice Monday pretty much every starter will be penciled in.

I figure the team already knows. If this is the last one then it makes sense to have the starter get as many scrimmage reps as possible.

Anybody over there with access to what's going on this morning?

I figure the team already knows. If this is the last one then it makes sense to have the starter get as many scrimmage reps as possible.

Agree. They already know who the guy is. This scrimmage is just one last chance to make sure they are 100% sure on their choice.

There is no point in that. The playbook is the same with Nick and JJ.

Not second guessing CGM, but wouldn't it be a good idea to get some practice in bad weather?? That would be a tell tell sign of how well we secure the ball.

Not at the expense of a knee injury on a slippey field

^^^THIS. Some of the Wazzu install has already been put in.

Due to inclement weather, Saturday's scrimmage has been moved from Jordan-Hare to the indoor practice facility. There won't be a media viewing period so no video or pics. We'll talk to Coach Malzahn and player afterwards, around 11:45 am.

via @BMatt247 (free content)

Shoot

Punters can't catch a break this offseason

There will be some not so good news coming out in a bit. I can't say what since it's technically still internet rumor but it has legs.

Archived