2015 3* S Ben Edwards (Stanford signee)

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Ben looks good and hits very hard. On several plays in the film, he is being flagged on his hits. He will need to learn to keep his head up when he tackles and he needs to be careful how high he is tackling too.

I really like this kid and some good coaching (i.e. X-tra conditioning) can coach those bad habits out of him. If for no other reason than his own safety, someone needs to! But I agree with the paid guys here that he commits to AU. I will take every Trinity kid we can get until Holland commits, even then these are some well coached HS players and you con't go wrong with skilled, smart. well coached kids for depth positions IYAM.

By the way, does everyone know that I finished ahead of Valley, Britt and E in the AUF Pick 'em Contest? Just thought I would mention it just in case...

I think his size and skill set make him ideal for the star position. Most of his big hits turned into targeting calls, so playing deep may be an issue. His blitzing and play along the line was clean, while still having coverage skills. We will see what happens.

Hits hard I like that, Doesn't wrap-up on his hits relies on knocking them down as opposed to tackling them, also tackles to high so prone to penalties. I believe reason he is a 3* and not a 4* is his technique. Good coaching can fix the technique. I want him because I like players on D that like to hit. He will be a great pickup.

He has very good closing speed, a hard hitter and a nose for the ball. A lot of potential.

^^^This

@Ben_Edwards_: My 8,000 tweet will be to the team I'm committing too! Goodnight folks.

About 260 tweets till Auburn gets its third 2015 commit.

Who is the second commit?

@Ben_Edwards_: My 8,000 tweet will be to the team I'm committing too! Goodnight folks.

Jason Smith, I'm assuming.

Jason Smith, I'm assuming.

Yup!

Gonna take your word for it on the # of tweets left. Just let us know when it's time!! I am glad we have you guys because I don't really have enough time to spend on the intrawebz. I'm already spending too much of it just trying to keep up. Any more and I likely will have 24/7 to spend on it as I will be divorced and looking for a job!!

He is currently at 7,746.

8000-7746=254. We shall wait.

So what we're saying is, we should all start tweeting at him in hope he responds and gets to 8,000 quicker?

So what we're saying is, we should all start tweeting at him in hope he responds and gets to 8,000 quicker?

Yes. Stalking on Twitter is perfectly acceptable.

Sarcasm.

Sarcasm.

As was mine

Sarcasm.

I would not call it stalking. Far from it. I'm personally not one to follow recruits on twitter, much less interact with them, but it's about as open of a forum as there is. I mean, if he's planning on announcing via twitter then he's probably banking on being followed by/ cyber interacting with a whole bunch of people he doesn't know.

I could see "harassing" maybe, but "stalking" makes it sound a lot seedier than it is.

Sarcasm.

As was mine

Yep. Sometimes it's just better to be safe than sorry. ;D

Sarcasm.

I would not call it stalking. Far from it. I'm personally not one to follow recruits on twitter, much less interact with them, but it's about as open of a forum as there is. I mean, if he's planning on announcing via twitter then he's probably banking on being followed by/ cyber interacting with a whole bunch of people he doesn't know.

I could see "harassing" maybe, but "stalking" makes it sound a lot seedier than it is.

Yes, but consider the source. The seediness is strong in Wareagletd. :poke:

Sarcasm.

How would you know? Are you stalking him? <_<

Sarcasm.

How would you know? Are you stalking him? <_<

Opposite. :(

:tease:

Archived