2015 3* S Ben Edwards (Stanford signee)

EagleDamnWar

I did not have to call him out, he did that on his own by posting inaccurate information. If it bothers you, you could do one of two things. Get over it and hope for more accurate information in the future, or you could block my post, but I don't know how to do that so can't help you there.

Do you honestly not understand the concept of "take it for what it's worth"?

I did not have to call him out, he did that on his own by posting inaccurate information. If it bothers you, you could do one of two things. Get over it and hope for more accurate information in the future, or you could block my post, but I don't know how to do that so can't help you there.

Are you honestly bringing all this up again?

2012 honest question. What do you think I should do when I hear something?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are people really getting all out of sorts over a commitment by a 3* with almost a year to go before signing day?

Nope.

Just not a fan of the sort of thing that happened in your 'thank you' thread. People need to have a little more common sense. There is absolutely no justification for making fun of the folks who give their time and effort to bring us recruiting info for free.

Apparently, that makes me a dog (according to EDW), a bammer (according to AUTiger2012), or a sycophant (according to others with good vocabularies).

There are rules, and then there is etiquette. In my opinion, it is bad etiquette to say something like 'swing and a miss, mate' to WDEWDE in this case. Others may well disagree. But I'm not going to let being called names prevent me from pointing out such breaches.

You have to admit my timing today sucked. When I saw that Edwards committed to osu I did laugh a little.

:laugh:

Yep. I'm still hoping he flips to Auburn before the end of the month. :big:

Are people really getting all out of sorts over a commitment by a 3* with almost a year to go before signing day?

Nope.

Just not a fan of the sort of thing that happened in your 'thank you' thread. People need to have a little more common sense. There is absolutely no justification for making fun of the folks who give their time and effort to bring us recruiting info for free.

Apparently, that makes me a dog (according to EDW), a bammer (according to AUTiger2012), or a sycophant (according to others with good vocabularies).

There are rules, and then there is etiquette. In my opinion, it is bad etiquette to say something like 'swing and a miss, mate' to WDEWDE in this case. Others may well disagree. But I'm not going to let being called names prevent me from pointing out such breaches.

You have to admit my timing today sucked. When I saw that Edwards committed to osu I did laugh a little.

:laugh:/>

Yep. I'm still hoping he flips to Auburn before the end of the month. :big:/>

Still a year away. Long time.

Despite the opinion of others, I will preface what I say by telling you im not mad at you, not do I have a vendetta against insiders lol. IMO when you get info, try to verify it, not saying you did not or do not currently do that, but make sure before something is said cause its a lot easier to have a recruit go to another school when your insiders are truly unsure rather than having been told a guy is all but committed and then he is suddenly going elsewhere. Again I am not saying you do or do not do these things, but if it were me, I think that I would try to verify and info with as many sources as I could before telling the public, that avoids premature knowledge AKA Greene from 2 cycles ago (if I remember right) and it likely mostly avoids situations like edwards today. See what I am saying.

Despite the opinion of others, I will preface what I say by telling you im not mad at you, not do I have a vendetta against insiders lol. IMO when you get info, try to verify it, not saying you did not or do not currently do that, but make sure before something is said cause its a lot easier to have a recruit go to another school when your insiders are truly unsure rather than having been told a guy is all but committed and then he is suddenly going elsewhere. Again I am not saying you do or do not do these things, but if it were me, I think that I would try to verify and info with as many sources as I could before telling the public, that avoids premature knowledge AKA Greene from 2 cycles ago (if I remember right) and it likely mostly avoids situations like edwards today. See what I am saying.

I can tell you in good faith that what I put on here is good info. It's not always right but it's close to what AU is thinking that moment. That's all I can do. Looking back over the past year I think this is pretty cool.

I can tell you in good faith that what I put on here is good info. It's not always right but it's close to what AU is thinking that moment. That's all I can do. Looking back over the past year I think this is pretty cool.

And I am not knocking you for that. All I said was swing and a miss, you yourself said it was bad timing. I was not trying to insult or be malicious toward you.

And I am not knocking you for that. All I said was swing and a miss, you yourself said it was bad timing. I was not trying to insult or be malicious toward you.

I know. We cool.

Nope.

I understand where you were coming from. I was speaking more of the fact that people were upset that WDE was wrong about a kid who is no were near signing and it was creating more of that drama.

What's sad is that, had AUTiger2012 been friends with WDE and said that in person, it probably would have come across as light ribbing and both would have laughed, but because it was in a forum like this, it was taken as harsh criticism. The internet does everyone a disservice when it comes to how we communicate.

Good jeez it took forever for someone to get that.

Sorry if I overreacted, 2012. Personally, I am not too happy that Ellitor has decided to leave, only making an occasional appearance. His leaving was a reaction (at least in part, apparently) to folks coming into lionheart's thank you thread and saying things about how the insiders got RE wrong, and so on. So, perhaps I am oversensitive and misread your initial post. It would have been different if it contained some sort of indication that you were teasing.

Sorry if I overreacted, 2012. Personally, I am not too happy that Ellitor has decided to leave, only making an occasional appearance. His leaving was a reaction (at least in part, apparently) to folks coming into lionheart's thank you thread and saying things about how the insiders got RE wrong, and so on. So, perhaps I am oversensitive and misread your initial post. It would have been different if it contained some sort of indication that you were teasing.

It is cool. And I can understand that you don't like Ellitor being gone, but it was likely to happen at some point. We all have lives outside this forum, and he is not "gone" he is just not making it a top priority on a day to day basis which is understandable, and in my opinion healthy. Also I am sorry I did not put something in the post to show it was more a joke than an attempt at insulting WDE.

I'm recruiting E back here bama style. Give me some time. I'm offering him a payment, cold beer not cash, to commit back here.

Nope.

I understand where you were coming from. I was speaking more of the fact that people were upset that WDE was wrong about a kid who is no were near signing and it was creating more of that drama.

What's sad is that, had AUTiger2012 been friends with WDE and said that in person, it probably would have come across as light ribbing and both would have laughed, but because it was in a forum like this, it was taken as harsh criticism. The internet does everyone a disservice when it comes to how we communicate.

I see where you're coming from with this. Personally, I think the internet is one issue, the tools we use in connection with it another, and the way we use both is another -- though they're all interrelated and should be modified or redesigned. But now we're getting philosophical.

I think people were surprised by Edwards' commitment; but like WDEWDE pointed out, there's a lot of time between now and signing day!

It is cool. And I can understand that you don't like Ellitor being gone, but it was likely to happen at some point. We all have lives outside this forum, and he is not "gone" he is just not making it a top priority on a day to day basis which is understandable, and in my opinion healthy. Also I am sorry I did not put something in the post to show it was more a joke than an attempt at insulting WDE.

Yep -- hope E works out a good balance.

B)

I'm recruiting E back here bama style. Give me some time. I'm offering him a payment, cold beer not cash, to commit back here.

:cheers:

You know bama style doesn't work without a new suit and a charger, or at least some rims.

AUTiger2012 has just as much of a right to post anything he wants. Looks like WDEWDE needs to come in here and call his dogs off again.

Good grief. No, AUTiger2012 cannot post "anything he wants." There are rules that limit what can and can't be posted. I'm not accusing him of violating any of them. I am asking him to think before posting. Apparently, that's a lost cause.

I'm no one's dog. I'm just sick of fools doing all they can to make things as difficult as possible.

Do you really want to defend what he said, EDW? On what basis? If you've got an actual argument, I'd be happy to entertain it.

Obviously, it has to be within the rules which his post was. The best way to have handled his post was to reply with "I appreciate WDEWDE info" and leave it at that. No need to attack the AUtiger12 even if you dont agree with his comment. I am sure one negative post toward WDEWDE won't cause him to leave the board. He already knows the majority here likes to read his information. Seems that everyone has made up which is great.

I'm sure WDE realized he received some inaccurate information. He didn't need you pointing it out to him. And the fact remains that the "insiders" on this board are getting tired of being ridiculed or criticized for information that they were told. They do this for FREE and we are lucky to have them on this board. Unless, you have better sources than he does, I wouldn't criticize...

oh I know I have no sources. My request is just that people make sure about things before posting that way people are not intentionaly or unintentionally misled.

In recruiting nothing is 100%. As for Ben the game is not over.

Leave it to a female to grossly overreact...

Anyone who claims to post "insider info" needs to have the balls to take the good with the bad. I'm sure WDEWDE can stick up for himself. LMFAO at flaming someone for pointing out that something was wrong. The idea that these guys need to be treated like kings who cant be critiqued is absurd, and that is coming from someone who played a minor "insider" card long before any of these cats stepped foot on this forum.

Cant expect to have your ass kissed 24/7.

Anyone who claims to post "insider info" needs to have the balls to take the good with the bad. I'm sure WDEWDE can stick up for himself. LMFAO at flaming someone for pointing out that something was wrong. The idea that these guys need to be treated like kings who cant be critiqued is absurd, and that is coming from someone who played a minor "insider" card long before any of these cats stepped foot on this forum.

damn straight. most of the guys that post info havn't said a word no matter what has been said only one or two has had to cry like a little titty baby, cuz someone critiqued them alittle. THE MAIN PROBLEM WAS A FEW THAT BLASTED ANYONE THAT DIDN'T AGREE WITH THE INSIDERS INFO. this site will get info just like all the rest with or without any insiders period. theirs always another one ready to step up. 95% of the info from here comes from a paysite and the rest is all opinions. and that is THE INSIDE WORD

The next time a mod postion comes open, I nominate AUBritt. He has done a good job keeping this thread in order.

Who the heck is Ben Edwards anyway? Never heard of him......of course, I haven't started following 2015 recruiting yet.

After4, I know you like to pretend; but you do know that I'm male. Maybe it wins you points with friends of yours to consider calling someone a 'female' an insult; where I come from, women deserve at least as much respect as men.

Archived