2015 3* S Ben Edwards (Stanford signee)

EagleDamnWar

I'm told Edwards will be an AU Tiger before the end of this month.

Swing and a miss there mate.

He reported what he was told, mate. He didn't have to do so.

Thanks for the info, WDEWDE!

I understand that and appreciate his info, but lately it appears that sources are not what they once were, maybe wait and be more sure before posting something that is well....wrong.

Really??? He's had 2 misses in the past 8 months. That's pretty dad gum good. This and Evans are the only ones.. (Everybody AU connection on every AU board missed on Evans though because his family was dishing out false info.). And you can't count Godchaux. He said we looked good for him. He never said we would land him. Do some research before you try to down a guy.

I feel like you were reading more into my origional post than should be. I said swing and a miss, it was a factual statement and had no malice behind it. And the fact is whether it was the evans family or not my statement was correct about how it SEEMS information is not as acurate as it used to be. I never once made a statement about how consistently or inconsistently wde's predictions were correct. Maybe you should read with your brain and not with your emotions so you dont assume things are said that were not there.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm told Edwards will be an AU Tiger before the end of this month.

Swing and a miss there mate.

He reported what he was told, mate. He didn't have to do so.

Thanks for the info, WDEWDE!

I understand that and appreciate his info, but lately it appears that sources are not what they once were, maybe wait and be more sure before posting something that is well....wrong.

Really??? He's had 2 misses in the past 8 months. That's pretty dad gum good. This and Evans are the only ones.. (Everybody AU connection on every AU board missed on Evans though because his family was dishing out false info.). And you can't count Godchaux. He said we looked good for him. He never said we would land him. Do some research before you try to down a guy.

I feel like you were reading more into my origional post han should be. I said swing and a miss, it was a factual statement and had no malice behind it. And the fact is whether it was the evans family or not my statement was correct about how it SEEMS information is not as acurate as it used to be. I never once made a statement about how consistently or inconsistently wde's predictions were. Maybe you should read with your brain and not with your emotions so you dont assume things are said that were not there.

:-\

I did not have to call him out, he did that on his own by posting inaccurate information. If it bothers you, you could do one of two things. Get over it and hope for more accurate information in the future, or you could block my post, but I don't know how to do that so can't help you there.

No, you did call him out. You just should not have done so. You're making yourself look foolish. If you can't understand that, there's no point in continuing the conversation.

I did not say I did not call him out. It appears you read what you want, not what is said.

Also, sorry for any misspelled words, im on a new tablet and am not used to typing on it.

I did not have to call him out, he did that on his own by posting inaccurate information. If it bothers you, you could do one of two things. Get over it and hope for more accurate information in the future, or you could block my post, but I don't know how to do that so can't help you there.

No. You could show some respect for people who try to unselfishly bring info to this board for the AU family by keeping your freaking trap shut. Nobody said they would be right 100% of the time. WDEWDE has said that a million times himself. The disrespect from the loud minority on this board is mind blowing. If this keeps up, the recruiting forum will revert back to the desolate wasteland it was before the merger. Instead of getting info that tuns out to be right 70% of the time or better you will get no info or info outdated weeks or months by public articles. Is that what you really want?

No. You could show some respect for people who try to unselfishly bring info to this board for the AU family by keeping your freaking trap shut. Nobody said they would be right 100% of the time. WDEWDE has said that a million times himself. The disrespect from the loud minority on this board is mind blowing. If this keeps up, the recruiting forum will revert back to the desolate wasteland it was before the merger. Instead of getting info that tuns out to be right 70% of the time or better you will get no info or info outdated weeks or months by public articles. Is that what you really want?

No, what I would like is statements that are prefaced with things like, I heard, or I think. Rather than statements that leave no room for error. It would also be easier to ask for respect by showing it to others by acepting their differences of opinion rather than telling them to keep their mouh shut. Maybe you should listen to your own words rather than making it a personal situation when ANYONE disagrees with the majority, because like it or not the minority has as much right to be here as the majority. And again. I was never ugly about what wde said. I know he said about what he heard. I simply said swing and a miss. There is nothing mean or hateful about that statement.

I'm sure WDE realized he received some inaccurate information. He didn't need you pointing it out to him. And the fact remains that the "insiders" on this board are getting tired of being ridiculed or criticized for information that they were told. They do this for FREE and we are lucky to have them on this board. Unless, you have better sources than he does, I wouldn't criticize...

No, you did call him out. You just should not have done so. You're making yourself look foolish. If you can't understand that, there's no point in continuing the conversation.

I did not say I did not call him out. It appears you read what you want, not what is said.

I don't think you're going to beat me on a reading comprehension test. But that's completely beside the point (as are all of your recent posts). I never said that you said you didn't call him out. I said you did call him out; and you shouldn't have done so.

Also, technically, you are wrong in all sorts of ways. First, it wasn't a swing-and-a-miss by WDEWDE. He reported what he was told. I don't doubt at all that he was told what he reported. It turns out that it is likely that what he was told will turn out to be false, however.

But here's another way you're wrong: it's not yet the end of the month. It would be absolutely hilarious if it turns out that Edwards flips from tOSU to Auburn. But that's also beside the point.

You were wrong to say what you said. Period.

I'm sure WDE realized he received some inaccurate information. He didn't need you pointing it out to him. And the fact remains that the "insiders" on this board are getting tired of being ridiculed or criticized for information that they were told. They do this for FREE and we are lucky to have them on this board. Unless, you have better sources than he does, I wouldn't criticize...

oh I know I have no sources. My request is just that people make sure about things before posting that way people are not intentionaly or unintentionally misled.

No, what I would like is statements that are prefaced with things like, I heard, or I think. Rather than statements that leave no room for error. It would also be easier to ask for respect by showing it to others by acepting their differences of opinion rather than telling them to keep their mouh shut. Maybe you should listen to your own words rather than making it a personal situation when ANYONE disagrees with the majority, because like it or not the minority has as much right to be here as the majority. And again. I was never ugly about what wde said. I know he said about what he heard. I simply said swing and a miss. There is nothing mean or hateful about that statement.

Read WDEWDE's post again, smart guy. It is prefaced with "I'm told ...."

Read my post again please. I made sure to state that he did say that the info is what he heard.

oh I know I have no sources. My request is just that people make sure about things before posting that way people are not intentionaly or unintentionally misled.

Again, that's not the way it works.

However, I'm now hoping that WDEWDE and anyone else willing to post their inside info here now see that you have not a single leg to stand on. Thank you for demonstrating your severe limitations.

AUTiger2012 has just as much of a right to post anything he wants. Looks like WDEWDE needs to come in here and call his dogs off again.

Its fine. I don't take stuff personally, its just a forum. I wish others felt the same way.

I was just told the Edwards info yesterday. Damn this commit came out of no where. And what I put here is always TIFWIW. I do have some great sources with AU but they are not always 100% as we all can see. I don't claim to he right all the time or ask any of you to take what I say as the defining word. Just passing along what I hear.

Again FWIW I don't think this is over.

As far as the Evans deal I or the people I know can't help that they deceived the AU coaches and the AU commits in which were told by Evans that he was going to AU.

AUTiger2012 has just as much of a right to post anything he wants. Looks like WDEWDE needs to come in here and call his dogs off again.

Good grief. No, AUTiger2012 cannot post "anything he wants." There are rules that limit what can and can't be posted. I'm not accusing him of violating any of them. I am asking him to think before posting. Apparently, that's a lost cause.

I'm no one's dog. I'm just sick of fools doing all they can to make things as difficult as possible.

Do you really want to defend what he said, EDW? On what basis? If you've got an actual argument, I'd be happy to entertain it.

Again, that's not the way it works.

However, I'm now hoping that WDEWDE and anyone else willing to post their inside info here now see that you have not a single leg to stand on. Thank you for demonstrating your severe limitations.

It is very mature to insult someone, however I will drop the subject as it is as useful to attempt a real conversation with you as it is one of the many Alabama fans who insult other people that they do not know or understand when they disagree.

I don't need to call the dogs off. Not a big deal to me. I was told Edwards was going to AU and I relayed what I was told.

Sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong. See the LBer from Daphne.

It's good to have people like you here that follow twitter and are on several different boards. I follow some of the AU coaches on twitter and am a member of Rivals. That it for me.

I have no way to confirm 75% of the info I put here. But what I do put here is from people I've know for a long time and are in the loop.

Are people really getting all out of sorts over a commitment by a 3* with almost a year to go before signing day?

Nope.

Just not a fan of the sort of thing that happened in your 'thank you' thread. People need to have a little more common sense. There is absolutely no justification for making fun of the folks who give their time and effort to bring us recruiting info for free.

Apparently, that makes me a dog (according to EDW), a bammer (according to AUTiger2012), or a sycophant (according to others with good vocabularies).

There are rules, and then there is etiquette. In my opinion, it is bad etiquette to say something like 'swing and a miss, mate' to WDEWDE in this case. Others may well disagree. But I'm not going to let being called names prevent me from pointing out such breaches.

Are people really getting all out of sorts over a commitment by a 3* with almost a year to go before signing day?

Nope.

Just not a fan of the sort of thing that happened in your 'thank you' thread. People need to have a little more common sense. There is absolutely no justification for making fun of the folks who give their time and effort to bring us recruiting info for free.

Apparently, that makes me a dog (according to EDW), a bammer (according to AUTiger2012), or a sycophant (according to others with good vocabularies).

There are rules, and then there is etiquette. In my opinion, it is bad etiquette to say something like 'swing and a miss, mate' to WDEWDE in this case. Others may well disagree. But I'm not going to let being called names prevent me from pointing out such breaches.

You have to admit my timing today sucked. When I saw that Edwards committed to osu I did laugh a little.

Do you honestly not understand the concept of "take it for what it's worth"?

Are you honestly bringing all this up again?

Archived